High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Oct 16, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #1,246 of 4,183
Hi friends. Anyone of you guys ever heard of the "The Gold 26" cable from PWAudio? I can't seem to find any impression about the cable anywhere, except a super vague comment on PWAudio's Facebook fan page, saying it "focuses on vocal" (?).

I'm looking to buy a cable to use with my Campfire Andromeda, along with the ZX2 from Sony. Several trusted ears recommended the Ref 8 from Alo Audio, but there's an interesting offer for a second hand "The Gold 26", which goes about the same price with the Ref 8. The dealers here are unable to book an audition for me, so it's pretty much blind buy at the moment.

Any impression/recommendation would be great. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #1,247 of 4,183
@beyerdramatic I will put my Forza Audio Hybrid (4-braid) cable for sale , and it already has TRRS termination for ZX2

new sells for 140 euro + shipping , thinking of selling it for 100 euros all in (PP fees + shipping with tracking included)

just a heads up , before i upload it on the FS threads

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #1,249 of 4,183
U will be blown away by the sound i think:p
Naah...nothing special :wink:
K53Vwlo.gif

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #1,250 of 4,183
Naah...nothing special :wink:
K53Vwlo.gif

This is my feeling the first time I tried Virginia.

My (eye) balls was blown away :fearful::confounded:

Hi friends. Anyone of you guys ever heard of the "The Golden 26" cable from PWAudio? I can't seem to find any impression about the cable anywhere, except a super vague comment on PWAudio's Facebook fan page, saying it "focuses on vocal" (?).

I'm looking to buy a cable to use with my Campfire Andromeda, along with the ZX2 from Sony. Several trusted ears recommended the Ref 8 from Alo Audio, but there's an interesting offer for a second hand "The Golden 26", which goes about the same price with the Ref 8. The dealers here are unable to book an audition for me, so it's pretty much blind buy at the moment.

Any impression/recommendation would be great. Thanks in advance.

I found that Andromeda is too edgy for me.

So If it was a step from PWaudio the flash cable and I have to choose only between the Golden and ref8, I will go for the Golden for sure :grin:

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #1,252 of 4,183
@beyerdramatic I will put my Forza Audio Hybrid (4-braid) cable for sale , and it already has TRRS termination for ZX2

new sells for 140 euro + shipping , thinking of selling it for 100 euros all in (PP fees + shipping with tracking included)

just a heads up , before i upload it on the FS threads

Thanks a lot, friend, but I'm not looking to buy from overseas as it's always been a huge problem for me, mainly because of the incredibly incompetent post office and delivery services.

I found that Andromeda is too edgy for me.

So If it was a step from PWaudio the flash cable and I have to choose only between the Golden and ref8, I will go for the Golden for sure :grin:

Noob question, but would a gold-plated silver cable change the Andromeda sound? I'm very happy with this particular IEM and not looking to change anything about the way it sounds, especially in the mid range as I have a lot of not very well mastered music, and "shouty" vocals always make me squirm a bit.

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #1,254 of 4,183
Thanks a lot, friend, but I'm not looking to buy from overseas as it's always been a huge problem for me, mainly because of the incredibly incompetent post office and delivery services.

Noob question, but would a gold-plated silver cable change the Andromeda sound? I'm very happy with this particular IEM and not looking to change anything about the way it sounds, especially in the mid range as I have a lot of not very well mastered music, and "shouty" vocals always make me squirm a bit.
I would reccomend the pw audio n05 copper litz cable, more resolution, more or less same audio

Oct 18, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #1,256 of 4,183
Hi @flinkenick and all , I need advice for a replacement cable for my Andromeda (pair with zx2). I found the stock sound to be a bit too thin and v-shaped for my liking so I would like something that's more warm and lush. My favorite genre is vocal so I would prefer a mid-centric sound that would result in warm and lush female vocals (ADx series-ish if you will, just not that colored) After a bit of research, I think that gold plated copper would fit me the best but I'm open to any other type as well. My budget is $500 max (used ok) and it seems that I will be most happy with a "fall" cable, and sth that can make Andro as "dynamic-sounding" as possible. Thank you for reading.
Update: Got PW no5 today and it is certainly a step in the right direction. I'm looking for more of the same effect though, i.e. an even lusher mid. Can you guys recommend me something? Thank you!
My current top picks are the (cheaper) Gold Plated Copper from Plussound and I'm interested in trying Effect Audio Lionheart/Leonidas as well.

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #1,257 of 4,183
Guess you are not so impressed about the sound?:p
Haha...I was just joking of course, because of that 'blown away' part.

You ordered the 4 wire, where I have the 2 wire PW1960. But I really like how the 2 wire 1960 matches my Zeus XR.
Haven't heard the Beat Audio Virginia myself, but synergy is always the keyword when you buy/try a cable with a specific (c)iem.
The last few days I listened a lot with my good ol' Solar, which has great synergy with a Norne silver cable :ksc75smile:

And while we're talking 'bout cables (I would almost start thinking that this is some kinda cable thread): I've got 2 really nice and affordable ones for sale over here

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,258 of 4,183

Sure it will.
Actually gold-silver cable sounds magical, you should try one.

I have my Andromeda with Leonidas

Oct 18, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #1,260 of 4,183
Thanks for your recommendation, but isn't the Leonidas built to pair with warmer IEMs?
Not necessarily. It depends on your setup.
I have WM1A to gives all the clear lows and with Leonidas with Andro bringing out all the sub-bass, low rumbles, soundstage and highs.

Actually no matter how high you goes, WM1A actually smooth out the sharper side of highs. That's what i noticed.

This setup gave a very huge, deep and transparent soundstage. Sounding very natural and realistic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back