High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.

1. PinkyPowers
    From what I gather, EA's plus cables are quite different from their non-plus cables. So, don't lean too heavily on my review as a baseline for the experience you're about to have. But I'm awfully interested in hearing how they pair together. Do share when it comes in!

EffectAudio likes this.
  2. Deezel177
    Hey guys! I recently managed to demo the Effect Audio Horus at my local Jaben. Here are my impressions (plus comparisons to my 2-wire 1960s) copied and pasted from the Effect Audio thread:

Don BIM, Imusicman, ezekiel77 and 7 others like this.
  3. kubig123
    Thank you for the review.

I'm really impressed by PWaudio and how they were able to produce a cooper cable (yes, expensive) that has a sound signature taht is very different from any other cooper cables I have.

korvin12 and Deezel177 like this.
  4. blazinblazin
    I was wondering for a long time if anyone had opened up their PW 1960s to see is it really only pure copper inside.

korvin12 likes this.
  5. kubig123
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm curious too, but I'm definitely not gonna try it.

korvin12 likes this.
  6. Deezel177
    I've seen one end of the PWAudio 1960s opened for a retermination job, and I can confirm that the conductor is indeed pure copper. It looked like any other copper wire to me, so I'm guessing the magic is in the shielding/sleeving.

korvin12 and AC-12 like this.
  7. AC-12
    Nice Review Vin Deezel..

[​IMG]

korvin12, ranfan, Wyville and 2 others like this.
  8. tim0chan
    a Singaporean modder did it to make an interconnect. It was all copper

korvin12 likes this.
  9. proedros
    great impressionss - however i can't help but feel that 1960 2-wire is surely the better deal as it seems to be an equal opponent of Horus but costing much, much less

again great impressions , now i am more eager to try the 1960 2-wire with my zeus XR

cheers

korvin12 likes this.
  10. Junmoe62
  11. icebeam030
    Really interested in the EA Horus. But no way to try a demo here in Sydney...

korvin12 likes this.
  12. ductrung3993
    Hi @flinkenick and all , I need advice for a replacement cable for my Andromeda (pair with zx2). I found the stock sound to be a bit too thin and v-shaped for my liking so I would like something that's more warm and lush. My favorite genre is vocal so I would prefer a mid-centric sound that would result in warm and lush female vocals (ADx series-ish if you will, just not that colored)
    I have a PW n5 coming later this afternoon and will give update on thow that will fare, but I'd still want to use the waiting time to ask for other recommendation. After a bit of research, I think that gold plated copper would fit me the best but I'm open to any other type as well. Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  13. blazinblazin
    Maybe you can try EA Lionheart

14. ductrung3993
    Thank you, I will keep that one in mind along with Plussound's 4 wire X series GPC.
    To add to my post, my budget is $500 max (used ok) and it seems that I will be most happy with a "fall" cable, and sth that can make Andro as "dynamic-sounding" as possible.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  15. koluludome
    Ordered 1960s 4 wires from PWaudio <3

Can't wait to hear it compare to Virginia cable from Beat Audio :L3000:

AC-12 and korvin12 like this.