High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Sep 29, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #1,216 of 4,183
You might want to contact Richard @ Audiologica.co.uk. I know, he just got some new Crystal Cables in stock. Maybe there´s a piccolino left for you!

Sep 29, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #1,217 of 4,183
Horus yes, Zeus I don't know. We are all prepared for tomorrow with some posh high-brow single malt Scotch, aptly named the "Founder's Reserve" to toast Suyang's and the Effect Audio team's latest creation "Horus". :D

I am just going to say Erik is a wonderful guy, meeting someone in person is always a pleasure after talking online with them. and I am more than happy to loan out my gear to him for review.

The single malt scotch was not needed, and I am extremely happy with it, cannot wait to sit back with some good music and enjoy it :D

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #1,218 of 4,183
I am just going to say Erik is a wonderful guy, meeting someone in person is always a pleasure after I talking online with them. and I am more than happy to loan out my gear to him for review.

The single malt scotch was not needed, and I am extremely happy with it, cannot wait to sit back with some good music and enjoy it :D

How about the other Eric, and impressions of Horus :wink:

Sep 29, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #1,219 of 4,183
How about the other Eric, and impressions of Horus :wink:

Well Horus is just an awesome cable, it's one of those that is slightly contradictory in that the bass is fuller and more articulate but the mids and highs are also improved and much better separated with subtle detail shining through with excellent transparency. The layering and soundstage are superb too.

The other Eric was not at the show :wink:

Sep 29, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #1,220 of 4,183
Yup, that´s the problem, I know. :frowning2:

When you come from the stock cables, you can be sure that the SD adds a bit more in all departments. It´s hard to beat in it´s price segment, that´s why it got so many awards.
Thx for the impressions, Will go look for them in the used market. Richard only seems to have the newer cables, not the piccolino. I am looking for a low profile, light cable, like the one i am currently using, the wagnus spiderlily

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #1,221 of 4,183
Amidst all the Horus hype, we seem to have another wallet-killer on our hands... Meet the new Han Sound Audio flagship: The Venom.

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 9.16.33 AM.png

I just spoke to the guys at Music Sanctuary about it and, paraphrasing what they said, they told me, "It's one of the best cables [they've] ever sold," and that, "[They're] REALLY excited by how well it performs." Throughout my two-and-a-half years of knowing the MS crew, words like these don't get said very often. At its retail price of S$1899, it certainly isn't cheap, but if it can manage to match the Horus and 1960s when I audition all three in a week-and-a-half, you can count me extremely hyped... and properly poisoned. :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #1,222 of 4,183
Amidst all the Horus hype, we seem to have another wallet-killer on our hands... Meet the new Han Sound Audio flagship: The Venom.

I just spoke to the guys at Music Sanctuary about it and, paraphrasing what they said, they told me, "It's one of the best cables [they've] ever sold," and that, "[They're] REALLY excited by how well it performs." Throughout my two-and-a-half years of knowing the MS crew, words like these don't get said very often. At its retail price of $1899, it certainly isn't cheap, but if it can manage to match the Horus and 1960s when I audition all three in a week-and-a-half, you can count me extremely hyped... and properly poisoned. :wink:

my head is spinning

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Sep 30, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #1,223 of 4,183
Was about to show the same picture of music sanc.

Deezel, you are so fast!

Sep 30, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #1,224 of 4,183
Was about to show the same picture of music sanc.

Deezel, you are so fast!

Yeah, the notification arrived as I was on Facebook; call it fate. :wink: As an aside, I forgot to specify that the Venom's price is in SGD; not USD. I have edited the post accordingly.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #1,225 of 4,183
I am just going to say Erik is a wonderful guy, meeting someone in person is always a pleasure after talking online with them. and I am more than happy to loan out my gear to him for review.

Same here! I really enjoyed the opportunity to meet up and have a chat with you, I could have stayed there distracting you from your work all day long! :D Really enjoyed demoing some cables and the Oriveti, but as I got home realised I forgot to try out the Piano Forte. Darn it! Oh well, never mind! :wink:

You earned that single malt! Both for generously loaning me your gear and the excellent service through HiFiHeadphones. Enjoy!

Meanwhile, some (tentative) impressions of Horus and Lionheart:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/effect-audio-cables-thread.787717/page-63#post-13754524

Oct 1, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #1,226 of 4,183
Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #1,227 of 4,183
Oct 1, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #1,228 of 4,183
Thanks. I look forward to reading your impressions of Eros.

Oct 1, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #1,230 of 4,183
Love it!!!

tomorrow I'm going to receive my Thor + cable I ordered, cannot wait to try it with the Encore, I knew it would be a great match!

From what I gather, EA's plus cables are quite different from their non-plus cables. So, don't lean too heavily on my review as a baseline for the experience you're about to have. But I'm awfully interested in hearing how they pair together. Do share when it comes in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back