High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 8, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #632 of 4,183
How does the Prion4 sound?

Love my Prion4...but my initial takeaway was the 8-wire sounded much sweeter to my ears. Wider holographic soundstage, deeper and sweeter bass extension and presented the women's vocal the way I loved. That said, the 8-wire are perhaps a tad coloured, but in a nice way.

You have experience with PW 1960s so you will know what I am talking about, but this 8-wire is just on another level altogether way more impressive than my 4-wire

I am very hesitant to give an opinion until both cables are properly burned in, and I get to love with these for some months. I was told the 8-wire will be even better after a substantial burn-in time...so we shall see.

We are talking about quite possibly 2 of the most expensive cables for headphones today, so I will definitely take my time and listened to them in ideal condition before I come to any conclusion. #bliss

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #633 of 4,183
Does the 1960s 4wires gives you:
1) energy
2) huge soundstage with depth
3) very sweet and not so pushback vocals.
4) surrounding ambience feel

I am currently using a gold silver alloy but felt that vocal not sweet enough as its slightly backwards.

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #634 of 4,183
Does the 1960s 4wires gives you:
1) energy
2) huge soundstage with depth
3) very sweet and not so pushback vocals.
4) surrounding ambience feel

I am currently using a gold silver alloy but felt that vocal not sweet enough as its slightly backwards.
Yes and a 3D sound.

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #635 of 4,183
Any opinions on the alo/ campfire audio litz and tinsel cables?

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #636 of 4,183
The tinsel cable is on sale now, so wondering if i should get

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #637 of 4,183

We are talking about quite possibly 2 of the most expensive cables for headphones today, so I will definitely take my time and listened to them in ideal condition before I come to any conclusion. #bliss

If you want to make things even more interesting, you should consider getting a SilverFi HR4 :wink:

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #638 of 4,183
To be honest, I fell in love with the 4-wire 1960 when it was first released. Like what jmills8 said, beautiful subs stage, great detail but not gritty like another cable that I heard.

I heard that the guys at MS can do a deal if you call them in advance or drop them an email. They seem willing to negotiate on it.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #639 of 4,183
To be honest, I fell in love with the 4-wire 1960 when it was first released. Like what jmills8 said, beautiful subs stage, great detail but not gritty like another cable that I heard.

I heard that the guys at MS can do a deal if you call them in advance or drop them an email. They seem willing to negotiate on it.

Yes, definitely contact Calvin (@Kozato) at MS to see if you can work out a deal with him, he is easy going
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #640 of 4,183
I would think @Watcherq is a MS regular so he'll definitely get the best deal :joy:

...but that said, this is one cable that you'll not regret getting (after the initial sticker shock)

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #641 of 4,183
I would think @Watcherq is a MS regular so he'll definitely get the best deal :joy:

...but that said, this is one cable that you'll not regret getting (after the initial sticker shock)

Ha ha I'm there to test out the cables. The Han Audio Red Core is really good for its price and punches above its price point. It is almost as good as my Leonidas. Was thinking to go lite with that or go high with 4-wire 1960 if I liquidate my other stuff to pay for it...

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #643 of 4,183
Okay, I'm a cable convert now. After the issues with the stock cable Custom Art sold me an Effect Audio cable and I really can't see why people are sceptical about cables, the difference is obvious. My Ei.3 have come alive, and they were pretty darn engaging and musical to begin with. I'm just now listening to 'Eroica' (Beethoven) and it is absolutely heavenly. Yesterday was the Rolling Stones album 'Blue and Lonesome', which at times sounded like I was sitting in some smoke-filled bar listening to a live performance. The atmosphere was conveyed that well. I am really impressed that a cable can fine tune IEMs this well!

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #644 of 4,183
  Okay, I'm a cable convert now. After the issues with the stock cable Custom Art sold me an Effect Audio cable and I really can't see why people are sceptical about cables, the difference is obvious. My Ei.3 have come alive, and they were pretty darn engaging and musical to begin with. I'm just now listening to 'Eroica' (Beethoven) and it is absolutely heavenly. Yesterday was the Rolling Stones album 'Blue and Lonesome', which at times sounded like I was sitting in some smoke-filled bar listening to a live performance. The atmosphere was conveyed that well. I am really impressed that a cable can fine tune IEMs this well!

Welcome to the dark side 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back