High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 4, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #616 of 4,196
DHC actually have one (only one ever), Prion4 for CIEM:

I wanted, but couldn't afford it. Used, at 1350 USD, negotiable, but already sold.

-
Does anybody know how does plusSound T-Metal sound? Also, Wagnus Diamond Dust if anyone has experience?

Oh Damn...I wish I had seen it. The prion 4 for iems has been one cable that I've wanted for quite a while.

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #618 of 4,196
Many contend that cable geometry is an important factor that affects the sound. Can anyone elaborate on what the sonic differences are between round, semi-round, square, and flat braiding?

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #619 of 4,196
Any people here who wear glasses? What do you look for when searching for a new cable?

I just got my Custom Art Ei.3 and for the first time I am having comfort issues with the memory wire. It is really stiff and I can't get it to loop around my ear comfortably. The material used to cover it also feels quite hard and might be adding to the discomfort.

I asked the guys at Custom Art and they have had some customers with glasses who experience the same. They also told me that the Linum cables are a bit unreliable, which is unacceptable because I use my IEMs 8+ hours a day, and Effect Audio cables might be a bit on the thick side. I'm no sure if thickness is much of a problem because my Shure cable is a bit thicker and is still comfortable.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #620 of 4,196
  2000 USD for the Prion4 and SE5 Ultimate, lol :) They're gone now..

There is still a PW audio 1964 in the classified now, which should sound as good as the Prion4. You still have a chance to pay for a 1000$ up cable.

By the way, have anyone tried the Wagnus Sieve sheep (the old Wagnus TOTL) and how does it compares to the Tralucent Uber  (I think Anakchan used to hear them both, not so sure about this)? I really like the Tralucent Uber, but I can only use it in door when I sit.  Another question if you guys think that the Wagnus cables and PW audio cables in general (I know the sound differs from model to model) sound similar to the Uber. I've tried some cables such as Labkable Pandora, Takumi MKII,effect Mars and Leonidas lately , but I dont like them that much, wanna find something that sound similar to the Uber but easier to be carried around. Thank you

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #621 of 4,196
Had the first call on the Prion4 iem cable but alas I've just bought a Prion4 for my Utopia as well as a 4-wire 1960 for my iem...I had to pass on it :cry::sob:

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #622 of 4,196
Had the first call on the Prion4 iem cable but alas I've just bought a Prion4 for my Utopia as well as a 4-wire 1960 for my iem...I had to pass on it :cry::sob:
Im selling a brand new PW 1960 4 WIRE.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #623 of 4,196
  Any people here who wear glasses? What do you look for when searching for a new cable?

I just got my Custom Art Ei.3 and for the first time I am having comfort issues with the memory wire. It is really stiff and I can't get it to loop around my ear comfortably. The material used to cover it also feels quite hard and might be adding to the discomfort.

I asked the guys at Custom Art and they have had some customers with glasses who experience the same. They also told me that the Linum cables are a bit unreliable, which is unacceptable because I use my IEMs 8+ hours a day, and Effect Audio cables might be a bit on the thick side. I'm no sure if thickness is much of a problem because my Shure cable is a bit thicker and is still comfortable.

I guess, thinness of the cable over-ear? So that it feels seamless when wearing glasses. Usually the 2-wire or 4-wire. Also flexible material, and non-memory wire. I usually use earbuds when wearing glasses, or not wear glasses when using IEMs. An alternative solution would be using a speaker :)

There is still a PW audio 1964 in the classified now, which should sound as good as the Prion4. You still have a chance to pay for a 1000$ up cable.

By the way, have anyone tried the Wagnus Sieve sheep (the old Wagnus TOTL) and how does it compares to the Tralucent Uber  (I think Anakchan used to hear them both, not so sure about this)? I really like the Tralucent Uber, but I can only use it in door when I sit.  Another question if you guys think that the Wagnus cables and PW audio cables in general (I know the sound differs from model to model) sound similar to the Uber. I've tried some cables such as Labkable Pandora, Takumi MKII,effect Mars and Leonidas lately , but I dont like them that much, wanna find something that sound similar to the Uber but easier to be carried around. Thank you

I'd love to, but it is not a priority right now. If the rumour is true, I'd rather wait for Mellianus to release and get their PW Audio 1964 combo.

Too bad, I thought you were set on buying the Leonidas. How was the Lionheart btw? There is a Wagnus Diamond Dust selling right now at the forum for 400 USD, seller is in Singapore. I'm guessing Wagnus silver cable and W12 would be a good combination because the two companies collaborate together in Japan.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #624 of 4,196

I'd recommend putting the memory wire between your glasses and your head, such that it's sandwiched. This will minimise movement and keep both the cable and IEM in place. Otherwise, try to get one of PWAudio's coaxial-style cables. They're designed such that they're only made up of two wires, like the 1960s. PWAudio offers lower-end options in that design if the price of the 1960s is too steep.

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #625 of 4,196
  I guess, thinness of the cable over-ear? So that it feels seamless when wearing glasses. Usually the 2-wire or 4-wire. Also flexible material, and non-memory wire. I usually use earbuds when wearing glasses, or not wear glasses when using IEMs. An alternative solution would be using a speaker :)

Thanks! Speakers might work, but they're a bit cumbersome when commuting through London.
biggrin.gif

I'd recommend putting the memory wire between your glasses and your head, such that it's sandwiched. This will minimise movement and keep both the cable and IEM in place. Otherwise, try to get one of PWAudio's coaxial-style cables. They're designed such that they're only made up of two wires, like the 1960s. PWAudio offers lower-end options in that design if the price of the 1960s is too steep.

Thanks, I will give that a go.

Custom Art just came back and they offered a different cable I could try. It was cheap enough that I gave it a go. Should it not work then I can try removing the memory wire from the stock cable.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #626 of 4,196

bought my 4-wire 1960 and I've just put on its 8-wire sibling...unreal sound stage and the bass goes way deeper than the already very impressive little brother. Anyone who have not heard this cable is highly encouraged to do so...expensive yes, but it brings so much to the table.

@jmills8...you'll regret selling it when its gone. Had many cables but this one wow me the most :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #627 of 4,196

I'd love to, but it is not a priority right now. If the rumour is true, I'd rather wait for Mellianus to release and get their PW Audio 1964 combo.

Too bad, I thought you were set on buying the Leonidas. How was the Lionheart btw? There is a Wagnus Diamond Dust selling right now at the forum for 400 USD, seller is in Singapore. I'm guessing Wagnus silver cable and W12 would be a good combination because the two companies collaborate together in Japan.

I bought the Leo already hahaha, but I still want to know more about the other brands

bought my 4-wire 1960 and I've just put on its 8-wire sibling...unreal sound stage and the bass goes way deeper than the already very impressive little brother. Anyone who have not heard this cable is highly encouraged to do so...expensive yes, but it brings so much to the table.

@jmills8...you'll regret selling it when its gone. Had many cables but this one wow me the most :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am all hypes for the PW1960 :p, but have to wait until I finish my new setup and then save some money

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #628 of 4,196

Which IEM?

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #630 of 4,196
PW Audio 8 wire vs DHC Prion4

Not iem cables I know but we do have an adapter to 2pin...and it added a lot of weight and vocal extension compared to its 4 wire sibling.

Seriously deliciously good :yum:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back