High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 16, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #661 of 4,196
Apr 16, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #662 of 4,196
I published my first cable review. It was an eye-opener. I feel... contaminated. Your sins are now mine. We are as one fallen people.

When Rudeness Wins You Over – A Review of the plusSound X6 T-Metal CIEM Cable

(TOTL?) Cable shootout would be super-dope. Haha, Vergil sounds like a good name. What was the name of your U12 before?

Isn't height represented by the Y-axis? Z-axis is for depth, X for width (to my understanding).

Will be interesting to compare the T-metal with the Hybrid-Gold from plusSound.

That's what you get for hanging around the dark side.

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #663 of 4,196
(TOTL?) Cable shootout would be super-dope. Haha, Vergil sounds like a good name. What was the name of your U12 before?

Isn't height represented by the Y-axis? Z-axis is for depth, X for width (to my understanding).

Will be interesting to compare the T-metal with the Hybrid-Gold from plusSound.

That's what you get for hanging around the dark side. You get smeared on your back, pushed off a lake, and a whole new adventure underwater.

You may be right. I did a quick Google when I wrote that, and the source I looked at had the Z axis as Up/Down. Perhaps I should have been more thorough.

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #664 of 4,196
Doesn't matter with Axis is vertical. The key is they are all perpendicular. But, yes, traditionally z is for depth.

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #665 of 4,196
Doesn't matter with Axis is vertical. The key is they are all perpendicular. But, yes, traditionally z is for depth.

Yes, it doesn't. What matters is the review, which is fun and great. Pinky style :) Looking forward to reading more in the future.

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #666 of 4,196
Apr 16, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #667 of 4,196
(From review) "[COLOR=4D4D4D]I guess two things can shoot at each other". Haha![/COLOR]

Great review Pinky! I have the previous-gen Trimetal in 2-wire which suited me just fine..

They do make a mighty fine cable. I look forward to trying new things from them in the future.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #668 of 4,196

Most of the visual representations I found showed it running up and down. And the first few definitions I found said it is "usually oriented vertically." But I did find a few sources that say it represents depth in a 3D plane. So... confusion.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND, INTERNET! :cool:

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #670 of 4,196
Most of the visual representations I found showed it running up and down. And the first few definitions I found said it is "usually oriented vertically." But I did find a few sources that say it represents depth in a 3D plane. So... confusion.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND, INTERNET! :cool:

It's pedantic at a certain point. The idea is to convey 3d imaging which you did. The rest is semantics and tradition. Ha!

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #673 of 4,196
I published my first cable review. It was an eye-opener. I feel... contaminated. Your sins are now mine. We are as one fallen people.

When Rudeness Wins You Over – A Review of the plusSound X6 T-Metal CIEM Cable

I loved that review. You and @flinkenick have a way with words that make me want to spent my yearly salary on cables. I own the Solar, so this review resonated with me. Now, my OCD (self-diagnosed) dictates that I have to leave a Rhapsodio cable (currently Luna mk2) paired with my Solar, but maybe that will change when I get the Tri-Metal in. I mean, the SG 2.98 is now affixed to my S-EM9 permanently, so stranger things have happened. 

Cheers, 

-Collin-

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #674 of 4,196
Where's the facebook heart like when you need it. I HEART this review. R2 is a fantastic cable, sometimes I miss it. But it's hard to feel bad while I'm listening to R4.

have you checked out han sound audio's aurora cable yet?

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #675 of 4,196
Did some impressions of PW Audio's No.5 cable in the link below.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739745/oriolus-hybrid-iem/750#post_13435691

Not exactly high-end but it's one of the more popular cables around, as with other things named No.5 (Chanel, Hungarian Dance, Mambo).

Now if someone would lend me a 1960s cable to listen to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back