High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jun 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #92 of 4,183
  Audiominor lineup impressions:

-'Celestine' silver/gold ($375)
-'Mahogany' copper ($260)
-'Marquise' silver/gold & copper hybrid ($350)

I recently received Audiominor's lineup to share some impressions. I came in contact with Bogac when I need some connectors and jacks changed for cables I wanted to sell, and we ended up talking a bit. Bogac is a kind-hearted soul, a true gentleman and genuine person. When you hang around in this business long enough you get to deal with a lot of different types, so I'm always very pleased with the positive exceptions - Bogac definitely belonging in that category.

Audiominor recently refreshed their website and lineup, and now feature three iem cables: a silver/gold alloy, copper and hybrid cables. All cables use a litz construction (each wire consists of multiple smaller wires). The cables have a high quality feel to them, with thick wires, a solid build construction and quality Eidolic components (plug, splitter and connectors; similar to Norne cables for instance), as well as a spherical wooden slider. However, the cables can be customised with different components to match personal taste. The wires are a bit stiffer, which makes them slightly less flexible than a thin stock cable, but not to the point you can't curl them up into a slim carrying case. All in all, the cables have the solid feel and looks of a quality upgrade cable. 

'Celestine' Silver/Gold Litz 
Audiominor's silver/gold has a recognisable tone, a classic signature for modern silver alloy cables: a clear sound with punchy bass and transparent treble. The cable does have a slight V-shape with less prominent lower mids and slightly enhanced treble. Instruments are well defined, and there's an apparent upgrade in overall resolution and detail retrieval from a stock cable. Vocals lack a bit of lower midrange fill, and do sound less deep and full especially compared to the Mahogany copper cable. The cable refrains from sounding cold or bright, as there is a pleasant warmth from the mid-bass that prevents it from sounding analytical. The Celestine is a cable that competes with cables as the Toxic Silver Widow, DHC Symbiote V3 Silver Litz, and Rhapsodio Luna to name a few; both in price and performance.

'Mahogany' Copper Litz
The Copper Mahogany is a beauty to behold with its dark brown, chocolate coloured wires. Generally coppers have that sort of pinkish orange look, but the Audiominor looks very classy indeed. The copper is smooth in the upper midrange and lower treble, and warm and lush, due to a thicker mid-bass presentation; yet the treble doesn't drown in the warmth. I've been listening to a lot of silvers last months, so I was very pleasantly surprised with the Mahogany. It gives a natural tone to a brighter iem like the Galaxy, but even when listening with the Solar with its enhanced mid-bass (usually best paired with a high resolution silver), the sound was a very musical combination of warmth with sparkly treble. Vocals are its strong suit; powered with warmth from the mid-bass, they sound emotional and deep. 

'Marquise' Silver/Copper Hybrid
The Marquise is the love baby of the former two, consisting of alternating silver/gold and copper litz wires. The silver/white and dark brown form a beautiful contrast, that remind me of the white and dark chocolate sprinkles I gobbled up as a kid. I've had a few hybrids before, but have never been a great fan of them so it took a while before I picked up the Marquise. But it might be the one that surprised me the most, mainly because of its spacious sounding stage. Its signature is very linear, with a controlled mid-bass and moderate warmth and treble; but in accordance with its mid-bass control, the separation is outstanding and the stage is airy and wider than the other two. A very pleasant and allround cable to listen to; it's well paired with a warmer iem like the Solar that gives it a cleaner stage, a brighter iem like the Galaxy or something more neutral like the S-EM9 or Apollo. 

All in all, Audiominor's cables left a very good impression and it's nice to see a fresh company being able to compete with the established companies like Whiplash and Toxic. Looking forward to hearing more in the future!

I'll also say that @compicat was easy to deal with. Great communication about ordering/shipping as well as questions you might have about the cables.

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #95 of 4,183

Joe, 

How do you find UERR's treble?  Bright, dark or laid back?  

Hi Mike,

It's a laid back treble, IMHO. but, don't get me wrong. UERR is a really good ciem. I love it more than my TG334. It's just.. sometimes I need a treble like my Hifiman Edition X..
I only have AK240SS (fw.1.33). No amplifier.

Thanks,
Joe

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #96 of 4,183
  Hi Mike,

It's a laid back treble, IMHO. but, don't get me wrong. UERR is a really good ciem. I love it more than my TG334. It's just.. sometimes I need a treble like my Hifiman Edition X..
I only have AK240SS (fw.1.33). No amplifier.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe,

It is a bit above your budget, but you can take a look to Labkable Takumi. Or plusSound Apollonian+ which is priced at 299 USD.

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #97 of 4,183
I think a classic silver (litz) cable might suit your preference, adding a bit of sparkle, clarity and improved resolution. Something like a Toxic Silver Widow, DHC Symbiote V4, Audiominor Silver/Gold or Rhapsodio Luna. They are all around $300-$400 and similar in tone.

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #99 of 4,183
Plussound Tri - Metal T6 with AS 2.5.

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #100 of 4,183
Jun 19, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #101 of 4,183
Appollonian or the shielded + version?
Good question, I went only by sound. I demoed ten cables and this one sounded the best. Was told it is Copper, Silver,and Gold.

Jun 19, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #102 of 4,183
Good question, I went only by sound. I demoed ten cables and this one sounded the best. Was told it is Copper, Silver,and Gold.

Based on the photo, that looks to be our Apollonian Series cable. Happy to hear you like the sound.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 19, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #103 of 4,183
Based on the photo, that looks to be our Apollonian Series cable. Happy to hear you like the sound.
Nice, I might be buying a second one for another iem I have.

Jun 26, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #104 of 4,183

Users who are viewing this thread

Back