High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jul 28, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #121 of 4,183
Thanks for the reply Flinkenick.

It's probably not as warm as the Rhapsodio Solar. The highs extend very well, the mid-range is not recessed but not forward either - just very accurate and clean, but the bass probably has less quantity than the Solars - snappy and striking, but not too much. 

The Silverfi IEM2 sounds like it would pair well. Besides the Rhapsodio 2.98, are there any other cables you would recommend?

Sorry, totally forgot to answer. Maybe it's easier if you mention which iem we're talking about? The Audiominor Mahogany is also a nice warm/musical copper btw.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #122 of 4,183
Sorry, wanted to mention the IEM but not sure if I was allowed to given that the company is banned from Headfi. But its the current flagship of John Moultan's former company. 

I went ahead with the Audiominor Celestine after reading your reviews. Bogac was an absolute pleasure to converse with and he recommended the Celestine for a more balanced sound, and the copper/silver lovechild for a more v-shaped sound signature.

He didn't recommend the Mahogany, which I was also keen on, because he said that things might get abit too intense in the mids. 

Cheers

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #124 of 4,183
  Sorry, wanted to mention the IEM but not sure if I was allowed to given that the company is banned from Headfi. But its the current flagship of John Moultan's former company. 

I went ahead with the Audiominor Celestine after reading your reviews. Bogac was an absolute pleasure to converse with and he recommended the Celestine for a more balanced sound, and the copper/silver lovechild for a more v-shaped sound signature.

He didn't recommend the Mahogany, which I was also keen on, because he said that things might get abit too intense in the mids. 

Cheers

Ah yes the 10, info is scarce on it but I've heard it is pretty good. I don't think its forbidden to mention its name and give brief descriptions etc. I had the 8.A a while back, and commented on it and wrote comparisons in reviews etc. But of course the subject should be handled with caution. Bogac is an awesome guy, please feel free to share any impressions in the future!

Leonidas with FitEar MH335DW! Audio bliss.

Nice pic!

Aug 3, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #128 of 4,183
Hi all cable lovers,

I am a novice headfi hobbyist..i started my headfi joirney only 6months ago. So please forgive my lack of sophisticated taste in music or wordsbthat describe the sound quality.

My rhapsodio golden silver copper alloy cable has arrived 3 days ago and i have been enjoying it from day one. I gave my word to sammy of rhapsodio that i will write an honest impression of his cable.

My source is only my iphone 6s and galaxy s6. Most files are cd rip..or aac itunes. If i am not wrong it is 16bit 44.1khz at most...but i intend to move up to ak300 or onkyo dpx1(any recommendations welcome)

My iem is jvc ha fx1200 with mmcx connector. My amplifier is oppo ha2. And vorzuge pure II+.

My music pref is mainly vocal edm.
Pop, modern rock, acoustics covers, jazz and movie ochestra soundtracks.

My brief experience experience with cables before the golden has only been with whiplash copper cable. And yes they do make a difference in the sonic deliverance of our respective iems.

This impression is comparing with stock cable, Using my iphone 6s and vorzuge pure amp.

Bass
Golden brings a deeper layer of sub bass out to the open. Overall 10% improvement in bass region. There giving a sense of deeper sound stage. Jvc fx1200 already has incredible bass performance as is.. with great impact and slam. Golden does not increase impact in bass..but bass slightly better roundness and clarity and reaches deeper.

Midrange
Male and female vocals gain a significant bump in richness and thickness of tone. 20% approx more reverb and air in vocals. All the breaths when singer changes speed of tune is better rendered, throat movements can be heard and even felt when the singer strains to compresses throat muscles to let loose a high note. Sonic delivery Instruments within the midrange also have very thick tone..lots of air..gives me goosebumps..Midrange is the truly the speciality of the golden. Many notes within midrange were heard with stock cable..but with the golden, they are FELT.

Treble
Treble tone is largely unchanged. But golden brings better control than stock cable. Less harsh. Smoother and more resolved. Maybe just more comfy to listen to for longer periods of time. 5% improvement.

Various Songs from artists. Boyce avenue, flamenco guitar masters, alesso, kygo, cash2, ariana grande, celine dion, tyler ward

Build quality
Those thick gold wires are super cool. Very attention grabbing when in public. However build quality of the splitters and jack, especially the casing could be better. Just a few rough finishes.

Pics coming soon.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #129 of 4,183
[/IMG]

Absolutely gorgeous thick gold wires.
The black and gold theme with connector and splitter isbalso very appealing.

I would like to say the sammy provided me top notch customer service. Very polite and responsive. From date of purchase only took 10 days to reach me. Thats HK to indonesia.

Thanks sammy for a great product..thanks nic for a superb recommendation.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #131 of 4,183
Astell & Kern Crystal Cable with Aurisonics 2.5

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #133 of 4,183
Astell & Kern Crystal Cable with Aurisonics 2.5

That's a nice looking cable
rolleyes.gif

Can you share some information on price / sound description?

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #134 of 4,183
That's a nice looking cable :rolleyes:

Can you share some information on price / sound description?
Sound stage is very wide, increase in seperation, increase of clean bass impact.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #135 of 4,183
I would love to try mr bogac's audiominor celestine iem cable. I can tell from the pics that the craftsmanship is top class. But since i have to save up some cash for family matters i cannot go ahead to buy for now. Any one have has experience with celestine please share impressions and pics.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back