High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jun 3, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #856 of 4,183
I posted this in another thread, and figured might be a good idea to post in Nic's thread as well since I get asked a lot about 2.5mm BAL to 3.5mm SE adapters. Lately been using the one from Penon Audio, under $25, a really good build, and high quality hybrid multi-core (6 pure copper and 6 spc conductors) wire design: http://penonaudio.com/HI-FI-Balanced-Adapter

penon_cables-08.jpg penon_cables-09.jpg penon_cables-10.jpg

Jun 4, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #857 of 4,183
Just got the Han Sound Redcore. Oh doesn't it look pretty!

Thanks for the first impressions! This was in my shortlist bcos of its striking looks and the sheathing reminds me of the Q Audio French Silk (for headphones) which felt luxurious. Now I'll have to take a second look at it. Baby PW 1960s haha.

Jun 4, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #858 of 4,183
Thanks for the first impressions! This was in my shortlist bcos of its striking looks and the sheathing reminds me of the Q Audio French Silk (for headphones) which felt luxurious. Now I'll have to take a second look at it. Baby PW 1960s haha.
You're most welcome! :)

"second" impressions (if there's such a thing heh)
I have issues with the Y-split. While it looks pretty, the holes on the slider are just SO much bigger than the left and right cables. It slides down so easily that it is annoying. Not sure if it is an intentional design, but I'm disappointed that they overlooked this detail.

Now let's talk about sound!
After almost a full day of burn-in, the layering has improved, and the cable sounds fuller and more organic on the low end without sacrificing the clarity up top. Bertie Higgins' Casablanca and Sarah Connor's Just One Last Dance sound soulful and transparent.
I hate to use superlatives terms when it comes to audio stuff, but I think I've just found the best pairing for Zeus.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #859 of 4,183
can i ask a question please about a cable issue

so I have a cable from yy pro audio and i use it with my shure 846, and it cuts out sometimes when i turn my head from the left side, so when I switched the cable's left to right and right to be left there is no cut out anymore on either the left or right side. This is so weird I thought the cut will be in the right side after switching but there is no cut on either side.

does this affect music listening technically by using the yy pro cable this way ??

when i use the stock cable there is no cut at all neither from left or right side.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #860 of 4,183
I posted this in another thread, and figured might be a good idea to post in Nic's thread as well since I get asked a lot about 2.5mm BAL to 3.5mm SE adapters. Lately been using the one from Penon Audio, under $25, a really good build, and high quality hybrid multi-core (6 pure copper and 6 spc conductors) wire design: http://penonaudio.com/HI-FI-Balanced-Adapter

Even nicer than the one I made. :D

Balanced to Single-Ended Adapter.jpg

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #862 of 4,183
Thanks, you are actually the first! What have you compared them to?
The only comparisons I can draw in this case are to Moon Audio Silver Dragons and Black Dragons, which (no offense to Dan Clark, who's great) are overpriced, and the Black Dragons I find darken the sound a bit too much, especially for darkish sounding headphones like the Elear. The Elear stock cables aren't bad, they're just thick, heavy and long. The LQi cables I find heighten the dynamic qualities of the Elear. They're very high quality, well made.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #863 of 4,183
Thanks, you are actually the first! What have you compared them to?
Correction: I mean Drew Baird (of Moon Audio), not Dan Clark (of MrSpeakers).

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #865 of 4,183
Anyone try this Eidolic 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm SE adapter?

I bought one of them, and it is an amazing adaptor. Good quality and working perfectly.

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #866 of 4,183
Hello guys!

Has anyone of you got a recommandation for a aftermarket cable with Memory wire? I always have the problem that the cables feel uncomfortable without Memory wire

Thanks in advance

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #867 of 4,183
Hello guys!

Has anyone of you got a recommandation for a aftermarket cable with Memory wire? I always have the problem that the cables feel uncomfortable without Memory wire

Thanks in advance
ALO Reference 8

Jun 7, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #868 of 4,183
Yep. I recommend that too.

Jun 7, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #870 of 4,183
Any good copper cable recomanded for K10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back