HiFiMan Susvara
Feb 2, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #20,026 of 25,662
I was quoted out of context a bit. No criticism of Susvara intended. Feed her, love her... and she loves you back. Magical HPs
No dramas. I know it wasn’t negative.

Love - yes. :)

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #20,027 of 25,662
Recently upgrade to the fenestrated as well, the difference in sound for me isn't massive tho, I'll have to do some more testing especially once I get a proper amp to drive it
IMG_20230202_194041.jpg
IMG_20230202_194059.jpg

Feb 3, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #20,028 of 25,662
I have the perforated pads aswell, i think it's more of a sidegrade. They are not attached and more of a backup right now. Beautiful VC by the way, sadly i didn't love the sound of it.
The Susvara, man, it's such a joy every single time i put it on and listen to vocals and string instruments. It's unreal how natural, rich and detailed it sounds. Often i just sit in my chair with an open mouth and starring, focusing on the music, like i can't believe how things can sound. The effect gets even better when cycling trough the repertoire of my headphones and haven't heard it in a week or more. Astonishing.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #20,029 of 25,662
I have the perforated pads aswell, i think it's more of a sidegrade. They are not attached and more of a backup right now. Beautiful VC by the way, sadly i didn't love the sound of it.
The Susvara, man, it's such a joy every single time i put it on and listen to vocals and string instruments. It's unreal how natural, rich and detailed it sounds. Often i just sit in my chair with an open mouth and starring, focusing on the music, like i can't believe how things can sound. The effect gets even better when cycling trough the repertoire of my headphones and haven't heard it in a week or more. Astonishing.
I sometimes think that if i sold my susvaras and downgraded my associated gear (eg amp) a bit, say to a he1000v2 or just stayed with my utopias i would still be getting some high quality headfi audio and would have $5k or so in my pocket from that downgrade to use on something less indulgent. That makes sense, right?

but then i think about the fact that this is the one hobby that is an indulgence in my life and if i did downgrade to an hekv2 or utopia, etc i would often very much regret losing that susvara magic and the enjoyment that gives me

ymmv

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #20,030 of 25,662
The HE1000v2 is really good, it's my second favourite Hifiman. I had the Arya v2 for a year and upgraded to the HE1000v2 when the price dropped and wasn't sure about it before i heard it.
"How much better can it realistically be, the Arya is so good anyway, this upgrade has to be so small, right?"
WRONG. It was so much better. At that point i knew i had to get the Susvara, so i returned the HE1000v2 after a week and went for the big boy. Thankfully at that time the Ferrum came out and had glorious reviews, so i opted in, and didn't need to struggle with either an amp for way more cash or a speaker amp.
I'm thinking of getting a Feliks Envy down the road, but not in the near future.
When people say "The Sundara is 80% of the Susvara. The Arya is 90%. The HE1000 is 95%." I wonder if they truly heard it, what this headphone is capable of. In my opinion it's in a different league for certain genres. If i have the chance to listen to an Aperio / HE-1 / Shangri-La Senior my mind may get blown again, who knows. But that's so much cash i don't want to think about what my heart is going to tell me when i love it.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #20,031 of 25,662
Has anyone noticed slight dullness on Susvara?
-Its not evident in every song, but it still sounds like it is part of Susvara physical sound character.

I think a EQ around 7Khz may "remove" it and add some crisp to the highs. It opens up. A small bump in the lows is good too.
1675423657305.png

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #20,032 of 25,662
-Its not evident in every song, but it still sounds like it is part of Susvara physical sound character.

I think a EQ around 7Khz may "remove" it and add some crisp to the highs. It opens up. A small bump in the lows is good too.
1675423657305.png
Only from what i’ve read here that “slight dullness” that may pop up may be related to the somewhat laidback nature of the audio gd sound when paired with the susvaras

but if it’s sorted with a touch of eq all is good.

(i have heard some audio gd gear, eg master 9 and master 7, but not with susvara)

Feb 3, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #20,033 of 25,662
Only from what i’ve read here that “slight dullness” that may pop up may be related to the somewhat laidback nature of the audio gd sound when paired with the susvaras

but if it’s sorted with a touch of eq all is good.

(i have heard some audio gd gear, eg master 9 and master 7, but not with susvara)
Naaah its on all my delta dacs even more.

Audio-gd is not laid back. Its musical.

The dullness is there from the start, Diablo RME and TT2 says the same. Its there.

Also paired with ferrum oor. Its there😊

Let me highlight and say its not ALL songs that brings out Susvaras dullness. Some productions is just made perfectly for Susvara

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #20,034 of 25,662
Recently upgrade to the fenestrated as well, the difference in sound for me isn't massive tho, I'll have to do some more testing especially once I get a proper amp to drive it
IMG_20230202_194041.jpgIMG_20230202_194059.jpg
Really nice collection that fenestrated pads with fenestrated headband and fenestrated mouse! :)

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #20,035 of 25,662
'Really nice collection that fenestrated pads with fenestrated headband and fenestrated mouse!'

:dt880smile::dt880smile::dt880smile:
Hilarious you are @migo !!

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #20,036 of 25,662
Feb 3, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #20,037 of 25,662

It depends on a reference point, I think. Folks used to spicier (as in: more crisp) cans may find Sus a bit toned down, but I can listen to it for hours without any fatigue at all and I don;t think that I'm missing something. YMMV, though :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Feb 3, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #20,038 of 25,662
I sometimes think that if i sold my susvaras and downgraded my associated gear (eg amp) a bit, say to a he1000v2 or just stayed with my utopias i would still be getting some high quality headfi audio and would have $5k or so in my pocket from that downgrade to use on something less indulgent. That makes sense, right?
OMG!! Save money!? Downgrade!? The Head-Fi gods are gonna come after you. Keep your head on a swivel my friend. :)

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #20,040 of 25,662
Now the big question is: What if something comes out that is both better and cheaper? The IEM market moves so fast that this happens.
Not that it will happen to Hifiman, ahaha. There won't be a Susvara v2 for 3,5k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back