HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 1, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #4,576 of 25,657
If that's your modest office setup, I can't imagine what your home rig is like! Do show!

Some things have changed as noted in my sig. Here is an old pic, Nordost Heimdall 2 plugs, interconnects and speaker cable. 16 KT150's at the ready.

IMG_5831.JPG

System positioning is temporary until I move and get more space.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #4,577 of 25,657
Some things have changed as noted in my sig. Here is an old pic, Nordost Heimdall 2 plugs, interconnects and speaker cable. 16 KT150's at the ready.

IMG_5831.JPG

Beautiful system. I really like the look of the entire Sopra range. Must sound amazing! Thanks for sharing the pic.

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #4,578 of 25,657

IMG_5831.JPG

How is the primaluna evo dac?
Can you conpare it other higher end dacs?

Unfortunately you have no integrated amp to comment on headphone Performance with the primaluna

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #4,579 of 25,657
How is the primaluna evo dac?
Can you conpare it other higher end dacs?

Unfortunately you have no integrated amp to comment on headphone Performance with the primaluna

I’m loving the DAC only because I have so many tubes to roll. Keeps things interesting. It can go from very analytical to warm depending on what you roll. Currently using the Phillips rectifiers. But had in the Mighty 596 matched pair. Other DACs I have are the ADI-2, Mytek Brooklyn+, and Mytek Manhattan.
And yes, I have a Primaluna EVO 100 integrated amp that I will be testing with the Susvara in the coming weeks. I’ll be trying the KT120 and EL34 to start. For drivers I have all the usuals, Mullards, Amperex, Gold lions, and some rare ones as well.

Currently letting everything burn in. I’ll be happy to report all my findings.
Thx

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #4,580 of 25,657
I’m loving the DAC only because I have so many tubes to roll. Keeps things interesting. It can go from very analytical to warm depending on what you roll. Currently using the Phillips rectifiers. But had in the Mighty 596 matched pair. Other DACs I have are the ADI-2, Mytek Brooklyn+, and Mytek Manhattan.
And yes, I have a Primaluna EVO 100 integrated amp that I will be testing with the Susvara in the coming weeks. I’ll be trying the KT120 and EL34 to start. For drivers I have all the usuals, Mullards, Amperex, Gold lions, and some rare ones as well.

Currently letting everything burn in. I’ll be happy to report all my findings.
Thx
Can't wait for the impressions.
I am planning to get an Evo 300 integrated with KT150's on top for headphone usage

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #4,581 of 25,657
My Susvara should arrive tomorrow. I'm currently using the HE1000se as my main headphones and it sounds so amazing to me, that I wonder how much I will gain from the Susvara? I'll be running it off of an MHA 100. I have a screw terminal to 4 pin XLR adaptor if I need to use speaker taps.

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #4,582 of 25,657
My Susvara should arrive tomorrow. I'm currently using the HE1000se as my main headphones and it sounds so amazing to me, that I wonder how much I will gain from the Susvara? I'll be running it off of an MHA 100. I have a screw terminal to 4 pin XLR adaptor if I need to use speaker taps.

I recently upgraded to the Susvara from the SE and it is a big improvement. Keep in mind i'm running the Susvara and SE with an el amp 2 until I upgrade my amp. So i'm not driving the Susvara even close to its full potential. The main differences you will notice is that the susvara sounds more natural, has better center imaging, more dynamic, and better bass extension.

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #4,584 of 25,657
It's interesting how many new Susvara acquisitions reported lately. :D

I kind of stumbled upon the Susvara to be honest. I was looking at the LCD-4 but it was out of stock where I was going to buy it. The initial 6K price would have probably thrown me off but once I shopped around and got it in the 4K ish, then everything changed.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #4,585 of 25,657
Can't wait for the impressions.
I am planning to get an Evo 300 integrated with KT150's on top for headphone usage

That should be very nice. I had the EVO300 for a brief moment. Loved it, especially loved it with the KT150! I had Brimar 12AU7 up front, it was the perfect combo for the Sopras.

The ability to switch between Ultralinear and Triode should be a nice feature as well. I may trade in my EVO100 for the 300 based on your findings...haha

Sep 2, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #4,586 of 25,657
That should be very nice. I had the EVO300 for a brief moment. Loved it, especially loved it with the KT150! I had Brimar 12AU7 up front, it was the perfect combo for the Sopras.

The ability to switch between Ultralinear and Triode should be a nice feature as well. I may trade in my EVO100 for the 300 based on your findings...haha
I will most definitely post impressions when I have it.
Triode and ultra linear Mode is a feature I am looking forward to

Sep 2, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #4,587 of 25,657
Has anyone tried the Musical Fidelity SS amps with the Susvara? I have a M2SI I can try after I steal it from my wifes office. It drives her Tannoys with authority, a very detailed and clean sounding SS amp. I'd be interested in how the higher end model sounds, particular the M5SI.

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #4,588 of 25,657
Hi guys. I am having a hard time deciding between Susvara and Abyss phi tc. My Amp is the moon 430ha so I think I will be ok powerwise. I have a doubt about Susvara though: do the ears touch the drivers? That’s really a no go for me since once you notice that it ruins your experience. Any comment about this will be greatly appreciated.

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #4,589 of 25,657
For me it was an easy choice. It came down to comfort. Which one will I use more? When I tried on the Frankenstein cans I knew they weren’t for me.

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #4,590 of 25,657
Hi guys. I am having a hard time deciding between Susvara and Abyss phi tc. My Amp is the moon 430ha so I think I will be ok powerwise. I have a doubt about Susvara though: do the ears touch the drivers? That’s really a no go for me since once you notice that it ruins your experience. Any comment about this will be greatly appreciated.
In terms of fit you really have to put both on your head for a fair comparison. Whilst my Susvara dust protection do touch my ears, that was nothing compared to the finicky fit of the Abyss on my head. The Abyss simply wasn’t as comfortable, and esp having to tweak the earpads appropriately to -not- have a full seal to get the right bass, was a little too tedious for me (I don’t know if the subsequent Abyss models have changed in that respect).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back