HiFiMan Susvara
Jan 13, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #13,831 of 25,603
Not sure if this is beyond the scope of this thread, but I want to ask a favour. Can anyone provide vouches for James at Stephan Audio Art? After being recommended by a member of the community (which I am very new to) I contacted him. We are working on a sale for Susvara’s which at present seems almost too good to be true. I this day there are a lot of scams going on, and I don’t want to get taken. We would go through PP so that gives assurance, and he has been very forthright so far, but it would help if I could get some additional vouches from the community. Appreciate it, and forgive me if I am crossing any lines here.

Stephan Audio Art might be a scam. However, Stefan AudioArt is the proper name and company.

I purchased an equinox cable from them for my HD650 many many years ago and I still use that cable and headphones today.

Regards
GG

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #13,832 of 25,603
Stephan Audio Art might be a scam. However, Stefan AudioArt is the proper name and company.

I was going to write the same thing, SAA has been around ever since I can remember :wink:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 15, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #13,833 of 25,603
can it get any better than this? I'm scared for my wallet to find out. until then, so far in my headphones journey this is the best I've heard my Susvara.

20220116_064958-01.jpeg

the tube pre has given me the most balanced sound out of the susvara yet. the bass impact slam and slap and the pressure within the cups is so damn good, I have just been amazed these past few days. perfect amount of sub bass and reverb too.

after some listening, I took the susvara for a spin with the Wa33 and it is really no contest. yep I get some decent bass with the Wa33 but it is not on the same level as the tube pre + power amp combo at all. also the mid and highs centric sound I get with the Wa33 makes the susvara tip over to slightly jarring/bright much earlier on the volume knob. the wa33 does have some really good layering and imaging though. I'm hoping the tube pre will get better at this with more use.

just sharing my joy, till the next toy comes along! almost feels like I have finally unleashed the true potential of these headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #13,834 of 25,603
can it get any better than this? I'm scared for my wallet to find out. until then, so far in my headphones journey this is the best I've heard my Susvara.

the tube pre has given me the most balanced sound out of the susvara yet. the bass impact slam and slap and the pressure within the cups is so damn good, I have just been amazed these past few days. perfect amount of sub bass and reverb too.

after some listening, I took the susvara for a spin with the Wa33 and it is really no contest. yep I get some decent bass with the Wa33 but it is not on the same level as the tube pre + power amp combo at all. also the mid and highs centric sound I get with the Wa33 makes the susvara tip over to slightly jarring/bright much earlier on the volume knob. the wa33 does have some really good layering and imaging though. I'm hoping the tube pre will get better at this with more use.

just sharing my joy, till the next toy comes along! almost feels like I have finally unleashed the true potential of these headphones.
You just may be surprised that you haven’t reached nirvana until you have tried the “next toy” Enleum Amp 23R with Susvara. You will forget you are even wearing headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #13,835 of 25,603
that is the attitude 13r owners have had with their susvaras

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #13,836 of 25,603
You just may be surprised that you haven’t reached nirvana until you have tried the “next toy” Enleum Amp 23R with Susvara. You will forget you are even wearing headphones.

can't seem to find an Enleum locally to demo..

have been burned a few times from. blind buys..

I almost got an AVM pa5.2 pre but the dealer didn't allow a demo since it was still sealed in box. went with the more expensive Primaluna after I demoed it.

I had high hopes for the ferrum hypsos/oor combo which I did manage to try. sounded great with the TC, but somehow didn't feel like it made a good pairing with the Susvara.

Perhaps when an Enleum shows up on the shores, I can give it a go.

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #13,837 of 25,603
And once you get the 23r you won't have reach nirvana until you try an egosita 845. Once you get that you'll need at least an AIC-10. After that comes wa33. Then you decided you need to "go back to basics" and get an ahb2. Then you decide you want tubes again and try an angstrom strella. Then you want some more slam and get......

Honestly man, your comment kinda pisses me off. This entire hobby is about enjoying music. If they are enjoying their music they don't need to try jack and comments such as yours serve the sole purpose of showing off your own gear at the expense of preaching mindless consumerism (cause we don't consume enough for this hobby). If someone is expressing happiness its just a d move to try and poo on that feeling.

Not to mention, tbh, I don't even think the 13r is really all that end game anyways. I personally prefer my A&S forge over it for sus. Again, its just about enjoyment and for all we know OP may never find an amp they like as much as their current one. I'm personally skeptical ill ever find an amp I like as much for sus as forge (excluding a linear upgrade like mogwai se)

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #13,838 of 25,603
And once you get the 23r you won't have reach nirvana until you try an egosita 845. Once you get that you'll need at least an AIC-10. After that comes wa33. Then you decided you need to "go back to basics" and get an ahb2. Then you decide you want tubes again and try an angstrom strella. Then you want some more slam and get......

Honestly man, your comment kinda pisses me off. This entire hobby is about enjoying music. If they are enjoying their music they don't need to try jack. Not to mention, tbh, I don't even think the 13r is really all that end game anyways. I personally prefer my A&S forge over it for sus. Again, its just about enjoyment and for all we know OP may never find an amp they like as much as their current one. I'm personally skeptical ill ever find an amp I like as much for sus as forge (excluding a linear upgrade like mogwai se)
Right. But don't forget, all of these ancillaries are really crutched without the mighty all-powerful king 1266 TC. Can't forget.

TC rules. :joy: :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #13,840 of 25,603
Nice start to the Sunday! lol

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #13,841 of 25,603
Right. But don't forget, all of these ancillaries are really crutched without the mighty all-powerful king 1266 TC. Can't forget.

TC rules. :joy: :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Honestly man, your comment kinda pisses me off. This entire hobby is about enjoying music. If they are enjoying their music they don't need to try jack and comments such as yours serve the sole purpose of showing off your own gear at the expense of preaching mindless consumerism (cause we don't consume enough for this hobby). If someone is expressing happiness its just a d move to try and poo on that feeling.

Not to mention, tbh, I don't even think the 13r is really all that end game anyways. I personally prefer my A&S forge over it for sus. Again, its just about enjoyment and for all we know OP may never find an amp they like as much as their current one. I'm personally skeptical ill ever find an amp I like as much for sus as forge (excluding a linear upgrade like mogwai se)
You are so right. I didn’t mean to piss you off. I was just trying to make a fun point that there isn’t ever an endgame until you feel happy enough that what you have is amazing and stop reacting for the next toy. It appears that the Susvara is a headphone that may lend itself to amp rolling. What flavor ice cream do you like most and on what day of the week? Whatever floats your boat. I would never try to take away anyones happiness. No need for hostile remarks either. It’s all about pleasure and fun.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #13,842 of 25,603
everytime I buy the latest and greatest I swear to myself ...for at least a day that I am done for now...well....there is no end game

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #13,843 of 25,603
Susvara one of the best cans today on the market plus to good headphones should be good dac, amp , cables and if all this components interact with each other music start to sing, I think this is our goal
Yesterday I tried to upgrade firmware on Mytek Manhattan ii and end of story today I shipped dac to service, is anyone has experience with Mytek NY office, how long usually takes to get back unit from service? Thank you

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #13,844 of 25,603
So I just discovered I have been wearing the Susvara about two holes too low on the headband adjustment. I've experimented a while ago and ended up with 2nd hole from the bottom, and stuck with that most of the time with occasional adjustment one hole up. But after fussing about much yesterday, and decided the sound seem compressed and hard to get comfortable lying on sofa, I decided to try 2 holes up and WOW a huge difference to soundstage and comfort.

So just want to add, all the amp / dac talk is nice, but wearing the Susvara right is way more important than any equipment change I've done. 🤦‍♂️

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #13,845 of 25,603
I understand and have come to appreciate the sonic differences between the Susvara , and the 1299, but to date I have avoided purchasing the 1266, based on what I have come to understand it’s “sound signature” and the music I listen to. I have the Woo Audio WA33 with upgraded tubes, and it works for me. But the significant fact is I listen primarily to acoustic jazz, and have thus far have determined that given my audio presences, the Susvara is what I need/want, and that the 1266 would not meet my needs as well. YMMV!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back