HiFiMan Susvara
Oct 10, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #11,716 of 26,664
After a very very long wait, I finally acquired the Susvaras. I was very surprised to find them quite anemic in the lower frequencies (I’m running them through a Kinki EX-M1/Yggdrasil). However after EQ’ing (I used the oratory 1990 settings for low frequencies only), they now have slam I was hoping for.

For reference, I also own the Verite open, Arya, and empyreans.
I find them to loose airiness in the treble once EQ'd. Not so much with the Aryas.

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #11,719 of 26,664
today we had a totl headphone shootout : Abyss TC, Susvara and TA Solitaire P

The susvara literally is way above the TC, but what shook me how the TA sounded so closed in, and lacked any magic and I was surprised how can that headphone be priced at that price. It literally barely has any soundstage, and its mids are nothing to write about. My hifiman he1000v1 even beats it in every aspect

We used violectirc 590 as an amp and also the TA amp

The TA amp was amazing it has a great tonality especially in the mids, but we had to 90% of its volume to listen to Susvara at good volume levels.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #11,720 of 26,664
Can everyone please list what their fav music is to listen to on the susvaras. I especially love acoustic music on the susvara .

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #11,721 of 26,664
Can everyone please list what their fav music is to listen to on the susvaras. I specially love acoustic music on the susvara .

what type of music were you listening to?
everything except metal and hip hop, its amazing that still susvara has not been topped, its the most natural sounding headpone, that perfect tonality, you simply can not have a better headphone than susvara.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #11,722 of 26,664
today we had a totl headphone shootout : Abyss TC, Susvara and TA Solitaire P

The susvara literally is way above the TC, but what shook me how the TA sounded so closed in, and lacked any magic and I was surprised how can that headphone be priced at that price. It literally barely has any soundstage, and its mids are nothing to write about. My hifiman he1000v1 even beats it in every aspect

We used violectirc 590 as an amp and also the TA amp

The TA amp was amazing it has a great toniality especially in the mids, but we had to 90% of its volume to listen to Susvara at good volume levels.
Interesting, that doesn't match with my experience at all.

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #11,723 of 26,664
well we all are different, for me its the tonality i seek in a headphone, and to my ears nothing has a better tonality than susvara

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #11,724 of 26,664
to my ears the sol p soundstage is as wide as and deeper and more 3 dimensional and layered then is the susvara..I love them both..also the susvara is fantastic but surely not way above the abyss TC as you suggest...that is why this is all so subjective

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #11,725 of 26,664
Can everyone please list what their fav music is to listen to on the susvaras. I specially love acoustic music on the susvara .

what type of music were you listening to?
I listen to anything I like with Susvara, which is mostly indie-rock, post-punk, some metal like Iron Maiden, reggae, and progressive rock. And the Grateful Dead! I also have Utopias and ZMF VO's, so I alternate to hear different voicings, but I think the Susvara is definitely my favorite of them all; I just need to get an appropriate amp for them!!

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #11,726 of 26,664
everything except metal and hip hop, its amazing that still susvara has not been topped, its the most natural sounding headpone, that perfect tonality, you simply can not have a better headphone than susvara.
I would like a slightly wider soundstage. Maybe more authoritative bass. But in general it sounds amazing.

Oct 10, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #11,727 of 26,664
I listen to anything I like with Susvara, which is mostly indie-rock, post-punk, some metal like Iron Maiden, reggae, and progressive rock. And the Grateful Dead! I also have Utopias and ZMF VO's, so I alternate to hear different voicings, but I think the Susvara is definitely my favorite of them all; I just need to get an appropriate amp for them!!
Nice group of hps

i love the susvaras and they suit me as good as any headphone ever has (pretty much perfectly) - but i would need to keep at least my utopias (or something that would relace those) as the susvaras do not do everything

Oct 10, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #11,729 of 26,664
Can everyone please list what their fav music is to listen to on the susvaras. I especially love acoustic music on the susvara .
Check this out. Sublime with Susvara and usually not quite my vibe.
B2C09397-F638-489F-B5A5-AD76D31C86DC.png

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 11, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #11,730 of 26,664
Hi all, Joining the Susvara club very soon, we’ll hopefully they arrive very soon. Wondering if there is an agreed process to run in.

understand they may need a few hours to get them singing at their best, but should they be left on low volume and gradually increase volume over a week or get them dancing straight off the bat.

or indeed does it even matte and just enjoy them out the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back