HiFiMan Susvara
Oct 12, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #11,746 of 26,690
Lol.
The LCD5, 009S and Stellia are incoming.
Stellia I recently liked a lot more than during my earlier listens (burn-in? Also possible I miss the Focal house sound and that metallic timbre, lol).
And I need to get back to reviewing.
No interest in the Stealth? It has it's strong points and I think it's easily the best closed-back right now.

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #11,747 of 26,690
Lol.
Stellia I recently liked a lot more than during my earlier listens (burn-in? Also possible I miss the Focal house sound and that metallic timbre, lol).
I wish you weren't on the other side of the planet!

I'd send you my Stelliance to audition (Radiance with Stellia's beryllium drivers. The added benefit of having the bass port to allow for energy dissipation reduces some of the Stellia's stuffiness all while retaining the Harman + bass shelf tuning).

Resolve measured them to if you're curious. Overlayed the FR graph with Stellia as well, and it's similar but graphs a bit nicer imho.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 12, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #11,748 of 26,690
Oct 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #11,749 of 26,690
No interest in the Stealth? It has it's strong points and I think it's easily the best closed-back right now.
In your opinion.

Oct 12, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #11,750 of 26,690
Yes you do!
Lol.

The half ass photographer YouTuber's are not desired. You are!

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #11,751 of 26,690
Oct 12, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #11,752 of 26,690
Oct 12, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #11,753 of 26,690
Just curious, what are your exact settings? I just have a 3db low shelf at 300hz
300hz seems high. I usually set low bass shelf a at 105-150 hz

Oct 12, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #11,754 of 26,690
Oct 12, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #11,755 of 26,690
The half ass photographer YouTuber's are not desired. You are!
Thanks. Yours are the gold standard for listening impressions, nonetheless.
I wish you weren't on the other side of the planet!

I'd send you my Stelliance to audition (Radiance with Stellia's beryllium drivers. The added benefit of having the bass port to allow for energy dissipation reduces some of the Stellia's stuffiness all while retaining the Harman + bass shelf tuning).

Resolve measured them to if you're curious. Overlayed the FR graph with Stellia as well, and it's similar but graphs a bit nicer imho.
Yeah man, wouldn’t that be nice. 🙂
Really nice looking headphone. During my recent audition, albeit brief, I thought the Stellia was more suitable for genres I listen to. Percussion instruments sounded more enjoyable, as is Focal’s won’t, IMO.

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #11,756 of 26,690
Nice group of hps

i love the susvaras and they suit me as good as any headphone ever has (pretty much perfectly) - but i would need to keep at least my utopias (or something that would relace those) as the susvaras do not do everything
What does the Utopia excel at that Susvara doesn’t? Curious. Thanks.

Oct 12, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #11,757 of 26,690
What does the Utopia excel at that Susvara doesn’t? Curious. Thanks.
For me, in my set up, it’s a fuller, as in more lively, punchy kind of sound - loosely speaking

and it’s different, not being a planar dynamic (which i probably generally prefer, but….)

the susvara gives me minute details, a high level of transparency, great tone and timber that’s very nicely rounded

i’ve always enjoyed this review and comparison of lcd 4 and utopia and from this review, the utopia has the JANGLE

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #11,758 of 26,690
For me, in my set up, it’s a fuller, as in more lively, punchy kind of sound - loosely speaking

and it’s different, not being a planar dynamic (which i probably generally prefer, but….)

the susvara gives me minute details, a high level of transparency, great tone and timber that’s very nicely rounded

i’ve always enjoyed this review and comparison of lcd 4 and utopia and from this review, the utopia has the JANGLE

+1

Oct 13, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #11,760 of 26,690

Interesting! I was think of maybe doing something similar the other day.

Do you have the overlaid FR graphs online anywhere to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back