HiFiMan Susvara
Oct 9, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #11,701 of 26,664
Oct 9, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #11,702 of 26,664
If anyone has an AHB2 they are willing to part with please let me know. I subscribe to the “always bet on black” ideology but would make an exception for silver in this case. I have a Ferrum Oor with Hyposis I’d consider moving if I can find the AHB2.

09001FC8-3CEC-4B94-9886-9C300E4C4447.jpeg
I take it your not impressed with the ferrum then?

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #11,704 of 26,664
This album is great, and sounds surprisingly different on the TCs and Susvaras. I haven't heard as big of a difference in one album before. On the TCs the bass is amazing, it sounds like machine guns with the double bass. On the Susvaras, the bass is less pronounced, and the grove of the album comes more into play (I guess because of Susvara's better mids). Highly recommend for either the TCs or Susvaras:

jPI1llV.png

(FYI: It's Canadian death metal)

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #11,705 of 26,664
This album is great, and sounds surprisingly different on the TCs and Susvaras. I haven't heard as big of a difference in one album before. On the TCs the bass is amazing, it sounds like machine guns with the double bass. On the Susvaras, the bass is less pronounced, and the grove of the album comes more into play (I guess because of Susvara's better mids). Highly recommend for either the TCs or Susvaras:

jPI1llV.png

very evil sounding :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #11,706 of 26,664

jPI1llV.png

I understand why you and I from time to time differ in terms of HP preference given the difference in the music we listen to lol

Oct 10, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #11,707 of 26,664

jPI1llV.png

Whoa tried to listen and only lasted 10 seconds 😁

Oct 10, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #11,708 of 26,664

jPI1llV.png

YIKES!

That's why there is vanilla.................. and chocolate :astonished:

Oct 10, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #11,709 of 26,664
Oct 10, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #11,710 of 26,664

jPI1llV.png

thanks for the recommendation!
lovely vocals and nice beat and melodies. nothing like some easy listening on a cool rainy evening whilst i make a blood offering.

Oct 10, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #11,711 of 26,664
thanks for the recommendation!
lovely vocals and nice beat and melodies. nothing like some easy listening on a cool rainy evening whilst i make a blood offering.
:beyersmile:

Oct 10, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #11,712 of 26,664
After a very very long wait, I finally acquired the Susvaras. I was very surprised to find them quite anemic in the lower frequencies (I’m running them through a Kinki EX-M1/Yggdrasil). However after EQ’ing (I used the oratory 1990 settings for low frequencies only), they now have slam I was hoping for.

For reference, I also own the Verite open, Arya, and empyreans.

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #11,714 of 26,664
After a very very long wait, I finally acquired the Susvaras. I was very surprised to find them quite anemic in the lower frequencies (I’m running them through a Kinki EX-M1/Yggdrasil). However after EQ’ing (I used the oratory 1990 settings for low frequencies only), they now have slam I was hoping for.

For reference, I also own the Verite open, Arya, and empyreans.

Do you use that same bass shelf on the Arya too ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back