HiFiMan Susvara
Apr 28, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #25,577 of 25,688
I find Susvara Stock cable is amazing. Any thoughts?
I think the general consensus is they look like crap and ergonomics are bad but the stock cable indeed sounds very good

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #25,579 of 25,688
Well, because of its length i rolled over the cable twice with my office chair yesterday, seems like that didn't matter at all. Currently the Lavricable is gone for a week, so i have to live with the catheter cable.
It's certainly durable and good sounding and also thinn enough, but oh boy, the feel of it is just so bad.

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #25,580 of 25,688
I really would prefer all manufacturers to develop and sell an upgrade to the stock cable like Abyss with its superconductor cable. The reality is that most of these cable makers are just buying nice wire and twisting it up nice and thick for you with some fancy terminations - there's no necessary logic or science behind it - at least specific to a headphone model. This is why I trust Danacables more - they seem to be developing cables specifically for a TOTL headphone. The Susvara stock cable unfortunately takes a couple months to straighten out but once it does - its pretty clear that Susvara was tuned in concert with that cable and there is no need to change out - not denying that some of the Danacables or DHC don't sound better - but I'd say otherwise you are just getting something that sounds different - which may work for you - but then again maybe not and it is an expensive crap shoot far more worthless than chasing tubes, which is admittedly addictive.

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #25,581 of 25,688
Hello, have somebody try susvara with schiit ragnarok 2?
What about the soundstage, layering, detail and weight of notes using susvara on it?

Analytical with less soundstage openness similar to Jotunheim 2. Lacks sense of weight and refinements that Schiit Mjolnir 3 provides to the Susvara

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #25,582 of 25,688
I really would prefer all manufacturers to develop and sell an upgrade to the stock cable like Abyss with its superconductor cable. The reality is that most of these cable makers are just buying nice wire and twisting it up nice and thick for you with some fancy terminations - there's no necessary logic or science behind it - at least specific to a headphone model. This is why I trust Danacables more - they seem to be developing cables specifically for a TOTL headphone. The Susvara stock cable unfortunately takes a couple months to straighten out but once it does - its pretty clear that Susvara was tuned in concert with that cable and there is no need to change out - not denying that some of the Danacables or DHC don't sound better - but I'd say otherwise you are just getting something that sounds different - which may work for you - but then again maybe not and it is an expensive crap shoot far more worthless than chasing tubes, which is admittedly addictive.

Stock is a great benchmark, but I agree with you that pulling off the exact stock cable tonality and just push everything good about it (more refined details, more sense of layering, more defined texture in subbass to upper bass, more weight to the notes) to maximum levels is the key

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #25,583 of 25,688
Well, because of its length i rolled over the cable twice with my office chair yesterday, seems like that didn't matter at all. Currently the Lavricable is gone for a week, so i have to live with the catheter cable.
It's certainly durable and good sounding and also thinn enough, but oh boy, the feel of it is just so bad.
Your Lavricable is better than stock?

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #25,584 of 25,688
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #25,586 of 25,688
Your Lavricable is better than stock?

Stock cable's greatest weakness is texture depth. That's where good aftermarket cables trounce it easily

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #25,587 of 25,688
Click "Grand Silver" in my sig. I have the 8 wire version. It's 1k€ for 2m though. And it's EU. There are a lot of other good cable manufacturers too, i chose this one because a) 1k is my upper limit for a goddamn cable and b) the ergonomics are perfect and c) Lavricables are inside the EU.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #25,588 of 25,688
Hello, have somebody try susvara with schiit ragnarok 2?
What about the soundstage, layering, detail and weight of notes using susvara on it?
This is how I run my Susvara. I haven't tried any other amps, but it provides enough slam and all the detail I could ever want, while providing a not overly etched image.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #25,589 of 25,688
Apr 28, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #25,590 of 25,688

Users who are viewing this thread

Back