HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 28, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #24,886 of 25,569
This guy seems to think so. He was blown away by the combination with Susvara and concluded it was the best that he has ever heard. The only thing he felt that might possibly compete was the AIC-10. I own both and can tell him that it can’t compete. I know that will be seen as controversial, but everything Susvara wise is just lessened using AIC by comparison. AIC is an extremely good match though with 1266 TC which is how I use it. Nothing is perfect - it is a case of finding the best synergistic matches between components and that includes the whole chain. It’s frustrating, but unfortunately just as with with speaker systems, there aren’t any short cuts to optimising a headphone rig.

Interesting. For some reason, I rarely hear about Wells Audio, esp in the last 4-5 years.

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #24,887 of 25,569
Could you please put some meat on the bones of that idea. Intuitively it makes total sense, but I do not understand specifically in terms of equipment and configuration what you mean. I put a network switch in between my router and my streamer and this was one of the most noticeable improvements to my system. Is that the kind of thing you mean?

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #24,888 of 25,569
Could you please put some meat on the bones of that idea. Intuitively it makes total sense, but I do not understand specifically in terms of equipment and configuration what you mean. I put a network switch in between my router and my streamer and this was one of the most noticeable improvements to my system. Is that the kind of thing you mean?
Off topic. Please discuss elsewhere.

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #24,889 of 25,569
Random:

One crucial point for users that streams from WAN(your actual source). Network is everything to your chain. It is a totally new approach. Get this done before throwing a lot of money to the D/A chain.

It changed my views on everything in my chain. The sound I have now is the biggest upgrade I have ever done in my system. Power cables and conditioners...Does not come close to this impact. This costed me only around 600 dollars!

Susvara has a total different performance in the lowend.

If you are just sitting with a router or a switch with the usual RJ45 setup. Start at the network.

--

I am so not done experimenting on the WAN(the source) side. I am just starting.

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #24,890 of 25,569
Mar 28, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #24,891 of 25,569
If you have Fiber in the wall, and you have from your ISP....GPON/FMC and a Router.

Putting a FMC between these two is the biggest upgrade you can do to isolate the noise. Better yet, if you could use your own router, make sure to buy one with SFP input.

This impact was an eye opener. GPON - FMC - Router. Everything else is just shaping/forming the analog signature imo, as I keep experimenting.

---

This is far from Off topic @BassicScience It is a advice that will help peoples chain as much....even more than the typical amp discussion "you" guys has turned this thread into.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #24,892 of 25,569
Off topic. Please discuss elsewhere.
Yeah man, ways to improve your Susvara signal chain is way off topic! Also, please move your cable discussions to their respective cable threads.

BassicScience, since you're a Mod, please move the posts.

Edit: as sarcastic as my post is, now that I think about it, I will trade you signal chain suggestions for cable posts any day of the week.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #24,893 of 25,569
Yes rarely is Susvara actually talked about here. The topic of this thread isn't the Susvara it's how to bring out the most from your Susvara by any means possible

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #24,894 of 25,569
A lot of people have heard the Susvara already. Makes sense to discuss how to bring the most out of it cost no object. I mean, just getting an Arya Stealth/Organic would already give most a sneak peek of Susvara

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #24,895 of 25,569
Yeah man, ways to improve your Susvara signal chain is way off topic! Also, please move your cable discussions to their respective cable threads.

BassicScience, since you're a Mod, please move the posts.

Edit: as sarcastic as my post is, now that I think about it, I will trade you signal chain suggestions for cable posts any day of the week.
Great point, dude! (since we're doing sarcasm)

BTW, I was drinking Torpedo IPA last night and my Susvara sounded better than it ever has! But I’m wondering if some other beer might make it sound even better. Can we please discuss Susvara beer pairings for the next hundred posts?

The funny thing is that alcohol and network "improvements" both work by altering your state of mind. I choose the former because it tastes better and I don't hate myself in the morning. YMMV.

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #24,896 of 25,569
Yes rarely is Susvara actually talked about here. The topic of this thread isn't the Susvara it's how to bring out the most from your Susvara by any means possible
And this is one of the most active threads in summit-fi going!

BTW, I was drinking Torpedo IPA last night and my Susvara sounded better than it ever has! But I’m wondering if some other beer might make it sound even better. Can we please discuss Susvara beer pairings for the next hundred posts?

The funny thing is that alcohol and network "improvements" both work by altering your state of mind. I choose the former because it tastes better and I don't hate myself in the morning. YMMV.
Network improvements might be the only thing that an IPA tastes better than, but YMMV.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #24,897 of 25,569

You are saying network chain, can not influence sound right?

Thats still an opinion. Not a fact. Where are you headed?

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #24,899 of 25,569

Users who are viewing this thread

Back