HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 27, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #24,871 of 25,552
I'm willing to sell you my CFA3, but you gotta pay shipping since it's international, if you are interested. PM me
Sadly i was interested but i ended buying the burson. I was really curious about the cfa3, its quite a fascinating gear. But next amp should be the envy this autumn. And thx, i apreciate your offer.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #24,873 of 25,552
p.s. I do not agree to accept Stellaris as "second best" to anything, but since I can't readily get my hands on a Studio T we'll just have to agree to disagree. :wink:lol

The Studio T is by far the dryest SE 2A3 amp that I’ve ever heard (I own one), it has twice the power output of the DNA amps (parallel output tubes), and lower output impedance for the same reason.
I haven’t spent enough time with a Stellaris to make definitive statements about resolution, and stage, but given the similarities in tubes, and topology, they are quite different, I would bet that you’d find people who prefer one over the other, and I think if you were to poll them, you’d probably get more who appreciate the presentation of the DNA. Having said that, I don’t think that’s indicative of better, the Studio T. Is faster and more dynamic and has better driver control than the DNA amps, but has little to no romance in the sound. I happen to like that, but it’s not for everyone.
It’s a pointless comparison though, there are less Studio T’s in existence than there are Stellaris at this point, and the odds of you ever seeing one for sale is small, I think I’ve seen 2 in the last 5 years and I bought one of those.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #24,874 of 25,552
I used to have a Studio T . Sold it to make space for some other amps , but I much prefer the Studio T to the Stellaris when it comes to the Susvara (i had both in my system for a year).

It was not even close for me . It definitely had much better dynamics and driver control as mentioned . The Studio/Susvara pairing was noticeably more resolving and holographic.

That said, I also agree that both aren’t a good match for the susvara in general , Susvaras are definitely capable of more .

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #24,875 of 25,552
The Sus scales better than any other headphone I've ever owned. I didn't like it off the WA33 SE, but I loved it off the WA33 EE JPS. I agree with the previous poster (don't remember who said it) who said the Sus can probably scale forever. It really can. I'm not sure how they can make a better pair of headphones. I, of course, want more bass, but we have the TCs for that

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #24,877 of 25,552
^ a bold prediction that i doubt will stand the test of time but i do think that the susvara will be regarded as legendary. i suppose it already is.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #24,878 of 25,552
Raal will probably take over Susvara at some point. Those ribbon drivers are no joke when utilized to their full potential

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #24,879 of 25,552
perhaps, I agree about Raal but susvara will still be a favorite for those who prefer the planar sound

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #24,880 of 25,552
Raal will probably take over Susvara at some point. Those ribbon drivers are no joke when utilized to their full potential
From what I heard at CanJam NYC, they already have. I'm officially in queue to purchase either Magna or Immanis, and will post my full impressions after a proper comparative evaluation with Susvara.

N.B. I'm expecting to wait a few months for delivery.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #24,881 of 25,552
The Sus scales better than any other headphone I've ever owned. I didn't like it off the WA33 SE, but I loved it off the WA33 EE JPS. I agree with the previous poster (don't remember who said it) who said the Sus can probably scale forever. It really can. I'm not sure how they can make a better pair of headphones. I, of course, want more bass, but we have the TCs for that
It was me that said it yeh. The headphone scaling feels unlimited.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #24,882 of 25,552

Im interested in the results/impression from a trustworthy(regarding honest objective opinion...) friend who ordered one. From his trusted sources they say it beats the Susvara....to their preference.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #24,883 of 25,552
"Not ideal" I would agree with - ideally I would like to have more headroom on the volume. But I still fail to hear the "weakness" or "bloat" others insist are there, it sounds very nearly as clean & controlled as it does on Bliss, but with that tubey magic on top.

Anyway, I'm just glad I don't hear the weakness in it that others do. Saves me from feeling any need to seek something "better." For now. :wink:

p.s. I do not agree to accept Stellaris as "second best" to anything, but since I can't readily get my hands on a Studio T we'll just have to agree to disagree. :wink:lol
There are a few factors in play. Studio T and Stellaris share the 2A3 but as noted, the Studio T has twice the output. Even comparing to a WA33 would be off, as the WA33 uses a push-pull configuration for even greater output. I suspect some of the differences people are experiencing with the Stellaris relate to DAC output voltage, Stellaris input tube mu, listening levels, and expectations. I find the Stellaris and Susvara combination to be enjoyable but I think the Stellaris leans too far into the Susvara ethereal sound. My preference is to power the Susvara with something that is more aggressive than the Stellaris.

Now if we want to discuss a comparison between the Stellaris and the WA23, which would be a comparison between like amps, that's for another thread...

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #24,884 of 25,552
Also hearing the Wells Audio Headtrip III, Level II is good with the Susvaras also.

This guy seems to think so. He was blown away by the combination with Susvara and concluded it was the best that he has ever heard. The only thing he felt that might possibly compete was the AIC-10. I own both and can tell him that it can’t compete. I know that will be seen as controversial, but everything Susvara wise is just lessened using AIC by comparison. AIC is an extremely good match though with 1266 TC which is how I use it. Nothing is perfect - it is a case of finding the best synergistic matches between components and that includes the whole chain. It’s frustrating, but unfortunately just as with with speaker systems, there aren’t any short cuts to optimising a headphone rig.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #24,885 of 25,552
Random:

One crucial point for users that streams from WAN(your actual source). Network is everything to your chain. It is a "new" approach. Get this done before throwing a lot of money to the D/A chain.

It changed my views on everything in my chain. The sound I have now is the biggest upgrade I have ever done in my system. Power cables and conditioners...Does not come close to this impact. This costed me only around 600 dollars!

Susvara has a total different performance in the lowend.

If you are just sitting with a router or a switch with the usual RJ45 setup. Start at the network.

--

I am so not done experimenting on the WAN(the source) side. I am just starting.

----

EDIT: The lowend is hitting so deep/hard I am worried to turn the volume up :sweat_smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back