HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #24,916 of 25,592
I went with the cheap, easy route, using my DAP with good clocks on SPDIF as Roon Endpoint via WiFi. Much more transparent while being more organic sounding than PC on USB :)
I still want the dirt/texture the information around when the pedal hits the kick drum, the dust particles, the air when a snare hits. Spending time on shaping the chain is much more fun to me. Thats why I put the Linksys LGS108 first. It has such a boring tonality but its ability to be musical is charming in a sense that it influences my whole chain.

Ciscos alone are much more serious and authority sounding. Adding this little 30 dollar switch with stock psu, just changed the timing/melody in such a way it is moving, and free.

My whole network chain ends at my ethernet adapter Afterdark X1 card with a cheap alibaba master clock. This card adds some of the black background, very good card but I realized now it is nothing without this network chain. By itself it betters the motherboard no doubt, but....

SPDIF beats USB - you are right!

The Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge V1. It betters all my USB cards to my preference. Im into pairing cables for the SPDIF at the moment. I am looking for cheaper alternatives to Pink Fuan Coax, even though I know I am going to get it somehow, because of my experience with the I2S Cable. Amazing cable.

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #24,917 of 25,592
I still want the dirt/texture the information around when the pedal hits the kick drum, the dust particles, the air when a snare hits. Spending time on shaping the chain is much more fun to me. Thats why I put the Linksys LGS108 first. It has such a boring tonality but its ability to be musical is charming in a sense that it influences my whole chain.

Ciscos alone are much more serious and authority sounding. Adding this little 30 dollar switch with stock psu, just changed the timing/melody in such a way it is moving, and free.

My whole network chain ends at my ethernet adapter Afterdark X1 card with a cheap alibaba master clock. This card adds some of the black background, very good card but I realized now it is nothing without this network chain. By itself it betters the motherboard no doubt, but....

SPDIF beats USB - you are right!

The Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge V1. It betters all my USB cards to my preference. Im into pairing cables for the SPDIF at the moment. I am looking for cheaper alternatives to Pink Fuan Coax, even though I know I am going to get it somehow, because of my experience with the I2S Cable. Amazing cable.

At least you haven't been crazy enough to buy a whole Taiko Extreme setup :money_mouth: :

1711680983492.png

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #24,918 of 25,592
Mar 28, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #24,919 of 25,592
Mar 28, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #24,920 of 25,592
I am building my own with Afterdark S1 and pfsense😉

Nice! Susvara is one of those rare headphones that pretty much show effects of upstream tweaks that usually only is perceived on high end speaker setups

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #24,922 of 25,592
Mar 29, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #24,923 of 25,592
I'm looking for another cable for the Susvara. Does anyone know the Kimber Axios CU and has heard it on the Susvara or been able to compare it with a Cardas Clear?

Happy Easter.

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #24,925 of 25,592
Nice! Susvara is one of those rare headphones that pretty much show effects of upstream tweaks that usually only is perceived on high end speaker setups
I can hear every change to the chain in Susvara. The network tweak was so big impact it even effected the HE400SE, which I thought was already at bottleneck point, but it was not, my network was :)

there aren't any headphones in your signature. do you have the susvara?
Now there is. I could also add that I only use it in the weekends:ksc75smile: - with custom cables from FAW(HYBRID HPC) - Furutech connectors(rhodium)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #24,928 of 25,592
I purchased a pre-owned Jot 2 and will try the Susvara with the Jot in front of the TT2, as well as the front and back of the TT2 directly.

Will report back hopefully end of next week.

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #24,929 of 25,592
Oh man worst choice for the Sus. You would've been much better off with the $219 Midgard. Sus sounds thin and lifeless with Jot 2 seriously

Users who are viewing this thread

Back