HiFiMan Susvara
Apr 6, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #2,356 of 25,604
Anyone knows if it's safe to run Susvara straight out of the speaker tabs of a 300w per channel power amp or do you need a HE adapter? It's a solid state amp.

Apr 6, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #2,358 of 25,604
I've used my Susvara straight from the taps of a SS 200W amp w/o any problem at all.

Thanks. I drove Susvara with NAD M22 v2 (300W per channel). Low gain. On Pro iDSD in preamp mode, the volume knob is around 7-8 o'clock. It's already plenty loud. It sounds great about similar to how it sounds like out of the P1. You get a very faint background noise. It's a good confirmation that I'm getting the most out of the Susvara with the P1 with 5-6 W per channel balanced.

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #2,359 of 25,604
Thanks to a good friend, I now have a new DHC Prion 4 cable for the best headphones I own and have the pleasure of listening too. This cable simply disappears. It’s the most transparent cable I’ve ever heard. Is it worth it? That’s up to the buyer. In my case, it just made the best headphones I’ve heard even better, what a listening experience!

Great pickup, but you should look into the Endgame cable, The Lazuli Nirvana.

56764482_393601108156176_7395189851210907648_n.png

"My impressions of the Danacable Lazuli Nirvana on the HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 were emphatically positive. Direct comparisons with the Lazuli Reference was quite a revelation – it didn’t take much listening. In short, it made the Lazuli Reference sound a bit flat and dull.

And it wasn’t just me. A few more headphone enthusiasts did the comparison at the show – and came up with the same conclusion. It was tough to believe this was the same cable I’ve been enjoying and recommending to others. Surely, this was the best the HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 ever sounded."

Here is an ideal review of it: https://audiobacon.net/2019/02/01/the-3495-danacable-nirvana-a-lesson-in-perfection/

He says it outclasses the DHC Prion4.

Apr 7, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #2,360 of 25,604
RAAL-requisite SR1a could be the best near field speaker experience on the planet. From what I have heard it’s the most transparent transducer available at any price and better than the STAX/Susvara offerings. Has anyone heard these??

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #2,361 of 25,604
RAAL-requisite SR1a could be the best near field speaker experience on the planet. From what I have heard it’s the most transparent transducer available at any price and better than the STAX/Susvara offerings. Has anyone heard these??

I just listened to it this weekend thanks to another awesome headfier. I won't go into the details, but I still prefer Susvara. The technical accolades that are published out there are mostly accurate. You have to understand the sound signature is very different compared to Susvara/Hifiman in general. The ergonomics works and is reasonably comfortable but is also very different that your typical headphone experience. The amp selection may also play a significant roll. I got to test it with a very nice NAD M22 V2 amp.

My take away is that if you like Utopia, you will certainly like SR1A. If you are a Hifiman/Audeze kind of dude, you really need to try it first.

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #2,362 of 25,604
I once dipped my V2 in a pool of water for about 10 hours

Geez. That's crazy. Not sure though which one more; the fact that you got your cans in contact with water or that crazy time...

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 7, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #2,363 of 25,604
Great pickup, but you should look into the Endgame cable, The Lazuli Nirvana.

56764482_393601108156176_7395189851210907648_n.png

"My impressions of the Danacable Lazuli Nirvana on the HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 were emphatically positive. Direct comparisons with the Lazuli Reference was quite a revelation – it didn’t take much listening. In short, it made the Lazuli Reference sound a bit flat and dull.

And it wasn’t just me. A few more headphone enthusiasts did the comparison at the show – and came up with the same conclusion. It was tough to believe this was the same cable I’ve been enjoying and recommending to others. Surely, this was the best the HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 ever sounded."

Here is an ideal review of it: https://audiobacon.net/2019/02/01/the-3495-danacable-nirvana-a-lesson-in-perfection/

He says it outclasses the DHC Prion4.
Wow, I would love to hear that cable someday with my Susvara’s.

Apr 7, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #2,364 of 25,604
I just listened to it this weekend thanks to another awesome headfier. I won't go into the details, but I still prefer Susvara. The technical accolades that are published out there are mostly accurate. You have to understand the sound signature is very different compared to Susvara/Hifiman in general. The ergonomics works and is reasonably comfortable but is also very different that your typical headphone experience. The amp selection may also play a significant roll. I got to test it with a very nice NAD M22 V2 amp.

My take away is that if you like Utopia, you will certainly like SR1A. If you are a Hifiman/Audeze kind of dude, you really need to try it first.

Does the RAAL remind you of the Utopia because of the brightness, small intimate soundstage or intense detail?

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #2,365 of 25,604
The RAAL is incredibly open, a lot more open that anything else by a long shot, thus i feel it doesnt resemble the utopia in that regard. Tonality wise yea likely similar from my very short audition.
It wasnt a headphone like experience, its more like speakers.

For me i'll still keep my susvara anyway after getting those.

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #2,366 of 25,604
The RAAL is incredibly open, a lot more open that anything else by a long shot, thus i feel it doesnt resemble the utopia in that regard. Tonality wise yea likely similar from my very short audition.
It wasnt a headphone like experience, its more like speakers.

For me i'll still keep my susvara anyway after getting those.
So Mystel, do these blow away the SR-009, Susvara, Abyss 1266 CC, and Focal Utopia? :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #2,367 of 25,604
So Mystel, do these blow away the SR-009, Susvara, Abyss 1266 CC, and Focal Utopia? :kissing_smiling_eyes:
I'll keep it short .
In terms of technicalities, Yes
Tonality wise, i dont know, but based on my short audition that i'll still lean towards the 007 and Susvara on this regard for my preferences.
Otherwise the other headphones are not worth keeping anymore

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #2,368 of 25,604
I'll keep it short .
In terms of technicalities, Yes
Tonality wise, i dont know, but based on my short audition that i'll still lean towards the 007 and Susvara on this regard for my preferences.
Otherwise the other headphones are not worth keeping anymore
Which echos what @gordec is observing as well, the tonality is a bit on the lean side vs. susvara/shangri-la fuller sounding house sound.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #2,369 of 25,604
The RAAL is incredibly open, a lot more open that anything else by a long shot

Well yeah, perhaps because they are literally open, lol. I am not surprised to see them described as lean compared to sealed earpads. I think I'm hopping off the hype train for now based on that feedback. Considered buying them blindly but now I am more comfortable waiting 'til CanJam SoCal for a demo first.

Apr 8, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #2,370 of 25,604
Well from to be fair, ive also heard thin sounding susvaras from some pairings
So i wont jump to conclusions just yet.
Its just for my preferences i like a richer sounding headphones
I wont say the raal thin, its just not full relative to well set up susvaras,

Anyway ive only heard it once and for a short while and only on one setup

Synergy is everything

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back