HiFiMan Susvara
Apr 3, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #2,345 of 25,604
Will the susvara be driven well by a Mcintosh integrated amp like the MA8900? Or will I need a dedicated headphone amp?
And I doubt it, but how about the sp1000's 2.5mm balanced jack?

If you drive them off the speaker taps of the MA8900 would be great most likely. The SP1000 will make sound, but definitely not ideal : )

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #2,349 of 25,604
I enjoyed last season.

In comparison to other shows it was way above the average, GoT is crazy good all by itself. But based on my memory I think that two or three previous seasons were better due to somewhat slower paced action. This worked for me better. Still I look forward to the final one.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 5, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #2,350 of 25,604
In comparison to other shows it was way above the average, GoT is crazy good all by itself. But based on my memory I think that two or three previous seasons were better due to somewhat slower paced action. This worked for me better. Still I look forward to the final one.
It will be MADNESS. it's the end, don't forget :). Back onto the Susvara before people get all soiled in their pants lol.

Apr 5, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #2,351 of 25,604
A member in Cali shared his review with me between the Niimbus and TT2, both driving his HE6, this was his response:

"Here are my impressions on the Hifiman HE-6 with only a working left channel. I used a few familiar test tracks of mine from my Questyle QP1R. I did the following, QP1R Line Out>Niimbus US4+ and QP1R Digital Out>Hugo TT 2. For the Niimbus, I was using the dac on the Questyle since it had no dac built in. The Hugo TT 2, the QP1R I was only sending a digital signal and using everything within the TT 2.

Niimbus had a wonderful amp section to power the HE-6, it drove it quite well. The amp on the Niimbus has the ability to increase the gain absurd amounts, so I set it to +12db of gain. Got great play on the volume knob and had a deep and punchy subbass.

Hugo TT 2 on the other hand had still a quite a beefy amplifier and excellent dac, far better than the Questyle I was feeding into the Niimbus. The midbass was a bit more present on the TT 2 in comparison. I was able to make out much more in the details of music on the TT 2 because of the dac section.

My take on the situation, the Niimbus is a bigger and stronger amp than the TT 2. The TT 2 isn’t a slouch when it came to amp especially with the HE-6 but the Dac really stood out like it often does when it comes to Chord products."

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #2,353 of 25,604
Speaking of warranty, if you guys didn't know, Hifiman's Susvara and V2's tend to be very water resistant. I once dipped my V2 in a pool of water for about 10 hours, sitting there, after I pulled it out, it was still playing very good and after it dried, it was playing with no distortion. A perk with their planar magnetic headphones that can't be said for other brands if accidental liquid comes into contact.

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #2,354 of 25,604
I wouldn't recommend a TT2 pairing with Susvara even with the M Scaler added on, as from my demo'ing, they're not enough to drive the Susvara. I was able to listen to the Chord setup at max volume, although the sound came close to that of the HE1. Something I absolutely cannot do with the SE on the TT2, that is max its volume. The maximum capability to me on the Hifiman line up that the TT2 can drive is the SE.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #2,355 of 25,604
I have both, the HE1Kv2 & Susvara, and they both have 2.5mm connections at the headphone. I know this because I share a 2.5mm cable & adapters with both until my Susvara cable comes in sometime next week.

When I was ordering the Susvara cable I was asked whether it used a 2.5 or 3.5mm connector.
From what I've read on the threads I believe only the (SE) models went from 2.5 to 3.5mm. Does anyone own a Susvara that uses a 3.5mm connector at the headphone? There aren't any specs about this on HiFimans site, unless I'm missed it?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back