HiFiMan Susvara
Jan 17, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #23,491 of 26,703
Random:
It is very crucial make notes of how the system sounds before buying cables. Don´t just buy a cable to buy one. Research about connectors, wire copper vs hybrid.

Different cables, is "just" different sound profiles.

Listen to the system, the chain

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #23,493 of 26,703
Have you heard the Heimdall 2 cable? It’s also pure copper.

Nope. Nordost is know for being brighter than most copper designs though. Inferno is all about slam, dynamics and a hint of warmth compared to hybrid cables. It's best paired with a brighter sounding than neutral amp compared to hybrids or if you feel that the air presence of the system is a bit too much

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #23,494 of 26,703
Currently on page 9 of the overall Classifieds page, big boy. Either the seller bumped the listing or someone figured out his 2FA and is trying to pull off a very specific grift.
I wanted to share my experience today, as I just learned something that may help others significantly. I messaged the seller, asking if they still had the cable and if it was a mod or had been built by Moon Audio. The seller shot back 3 messages giving more information, and how the seller had used it. I wrote back "Thanks for your response, I will write again if interested to buy". The seller asked why I had messaged if I was not interested to buy? I responded "sorry my bad, I should have done my research first, sorry to bother you". The seller replies on the attack asking why I was asking about the cable without any real interest to buy, "wasting my time", then "don't bother to reply".

My attitude towards the Classifieds has in general been the same as my attitude about walking into a shop on the road. I felt I could ask a question about availability, documentation, how the cable was produced. What I learned is that sellers are (in this case anyway) probably not interested to interact on that level. Only reach out if you intend to purchase. This is fair enough I guess- I can do research by searching the threads, online reviews, and only contact Classified sellers when I have a serious intention to buy from them if what they are selling meets my pre-decided specifications.

The interesting thing I also noted is that the sellers chain included very high end gear, but looking at the seller's content, there are only 19 messages and are all concerning listings. The seller has good seller/buyer feedback so I'm sure the seller is a very fine businessperson, but not a regular contibutor in terms of the threads. At the beginning of my engagement with Head-fi, I inquired about buying a DAP (~$1000) on the Classifieds from a regular contributor, and received the input "you are new here, and have not contributed, sellers won't want to sell to you as a new person, get involved on the Forum, post for a while, then start to make some small purchases." It seems there are regular sellers who only interact on Head-fi to buy or sell on the Classifieds. Not everyone obviously or even the majority.

Of course I fell in love with the Forum and I do occasionally buy something off the classifieds- but this was a new experience I'd like others not to have to stumble into. Maybe I ought to have known this by now, but I tend to buy "new" more than used. Anyway, beware: the Classifieds are NOT a 'shop on the road'.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #23,495 of 26,703
I wanted to share my experience today, as I just learned something that may help others significantly. I messaged the seller, asking if he still had the cable and if it was a mod or had been built by Moon Audio. The seller shot back 3 messages giving more information, and how the seller had used it. I wrote back "Thanks for your response, I will write again if interested to buy". The seller asked why I had messaged if I was not interested to buy? I responded "sorry my bad, I should have done my research first, sorry to bother you". The seller replies on the attack asking why I was asking about the cable without any real interest to buy, "wasting my time", then "don't bother to reply".

My attitude towards the Classifieds has in general been the same as my attitude about walking into a shop on the road. I felt I could ask a question about availability, documentation, how the cable was produced. What I learned is that sellers are (in this case anyway) probably not interested to interact on that level. Only reach out if you intend to purchase. This is fair enough I guess- I can do research by searching the threads, online reviews, and only contact Classified sellers when I have a serious intention to buy from them if what they are selling meets my pre-decided specifications.

The interesting thing I also noted is that the sellers chain included very high end gear, but looking at his content, there are only 19 messages and are all concerning listings. The seller has good seller/buyer feedback so I'm sure the seller is a very fine businessperson, but not a regular contibutor in terms of the threads. At the beginning of my engagement with Head-fi, I inquired about buying a DAP (~$1000) on the Classifieds from a regular contributor, and received the input "you are new here, and have not contributed, sellers won't want to sell to you as a new person, get involved on the Forum, post for a while, then start to make some small purchases." It seems there are regular sellers who only interact on Head-fi to buy or sell on the Classifieds. Not everyone obviously or even the majority.

Of course I fell in love with the Forum and I do occasionally buy something off the classifieds- but this was a new experience I'd like others not to have to stumble into. Maybe I ought to have known this by now, but I tend to buy "new" more than used. Anyway, beware: the Classifieds are NOT a 'shop on the road'.

The exception is not the rule. Used merchandise is generally a buyers market, feel free to ask whatever questions make you comfortable with the purchase.

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #23,496 of 26,703
I wanted to share my experience today, as I just learned something that may help others significantly. I messaged the seller, asking if he still had the cable and if it was a mod or had been built by Moon Audio. He shot back 3 messages giving more information, and how the seller had used it. I wrote back "Thanks for your response, I will write again if interested to buy". The seller asked why I had messaged if I was not interested to buy? I responded "sorry my bad, I should have done my research first, sorry to bother you". The seller replies on the attack asking why I was asking about the cable without any real interest to buy, "wasting my time", then "don't bother to reply".

The interesting thing I also noted is that the sellers chain included very high end gear, but looking at his content, there are only 19 messages and are all concerning listings. The seller has good seller/buyer feedback so I'm sure the seller is a very fine businessperson, but not a regular contibutor in terms of the threads. At the beginning of my engagement with Head-fi, I inquired about buying a DAP (~$1000) on the Classifieds from a regular contributor, and received the input "you are new here, and have not contributed, sellers won't want to sell to you as a new person, get involved on the Forum, post for a while, then start to make some small purchases." It seems there are regular sellers who only interact on Head-fi to buy or sell on the Classifieds. Not everyone obviously or even the majority.

Hold on a second. This seller you've communicated with is a very poor seller if this is how he responds, and I wouldn't waste any more time with him. I wouldn't buy from him even if I really wanted the item and it was a good deal! I've sold and purchased many items on classifieds, and always, always take the time to answer any questions a potential purchaser may have. To start with, you want the buyer to feel comfortable with the seller, and you also want to make sure that the buyer knows exactly what he's getting. If I list something, I already expect that I will get inquiries that don't come to fruition; that's just part of the process. We should always be cordial and communicate well with everyone, whether we're buying or selling.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #23,497 of 26,703
I wanted to share my experience today, as I just learned something that may help others significantly. I messaged the seller, asking if they still had the cable and if it was a mod or had been built by Moon Audio. The seller shot back 3 messages giving more information, and how the seller had used it. I wrote back "Thanks for your response, I will write again if interested to buy". The seller asked why I had messaged if I was not interested to buy? I responded "sorry my bad, I should have done my research first, sorry to bother you". The seller replies on the attack asking why I was asking about the cable without any real interest to buy, "wasting my time", then "don't bother to reply".

The interesting thing I also noted is that the sellers chain included very high end gear, but looking at the seller's content, there are only 19 messages and are all concerning listings. The seller has good seller/buyer feedback so I'm sure the seller is a very fine businessperson, but not a regular contibutor in terms of the threads. At the beginning of my engagement with Head-fi, I inquired about buying a DAP (~$1000) on the Classifieds from a regular contributor, and received the input "you are new here, and have not contributed, sellers won't want to sell to you as a new person, get involved on the Forum, post for a while, then start to make some small purchases." It seems there are regular sellers who only interact on Head-fi to buy or sell on the Classifieds. Not everyone obviously or even the majority.

You can tell a lot about a seller by their wording in a listing. That guy there using shorthand, getting snippy in his own comments, ignoring posting rules (i.e. it's gotta be PayPal G&S and the cost of the fee is on the seller).

If you're really chuffed, report the listing for asking for Zelle FF :wink:

Jan 17, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #23,498 of 26,703
Have you heard the Heimdall 2 cable? It’s also pure copper.
I own and use Heimdall 2. It’s pretty neutral and without emphasis. With the Norse 2 series Nordost moved away from the “bright” signature they were known for. It’s an extremely quiet and clean sounding cable, zero microphonics, and images superbly. It’s very light but not as flexible as some; the lightweight nature is wonderful, but it’s absolutely not a cable that will coil nicely on your desk.
To compare, the Eletech Inferno has a LOT more weight and is a great deal warmer. The top end is very detailed but at the same time is quite a bit darker than the Nordost. It’s heavy though, which some don’t like. It didn’t bother me, I was just enjoying the sound. It’s easily manageable despite the weight.
The only real downside with the Heimdall 2 is that it’s out of production so can be difficult to find. They both sound great, just different. I feel the Nordost draws better images but the Inferno does bigger spaces.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #23,500 of 26,703
I own and use Heimdall 2. It’s pretty neutral and without emphasis. With the Norse 2 series Nordost moved away from the “bright” signature they were known for. It’s an extremely quiet and clean sounding cable, zero microphonics, and images superbly. It’s very light but not as flexible as some; the lightweight nature is wonderful, but it’s absolutely not a cable that will coil nicely on your desk.
To compare, the Eletech Inferno has a LOT more weight and is a great deal warmer. The top end is very detailed but at the same time is quite a bit darker than the Nordost. It’s heavy though, which some don’t like. It didn’t bother me, I was just enjoying the sound. It’s easily manageable despite the weight.
The only real downside with the Heimdall 2 is that it’s out of production so can be difficult to find. They both sound great, just different. I feel the Nordost draws better images but the Inferno does bigger spaces.

Exactly. These cables are specialized and need careful amp pairing. I just think the hybrid cables are easier to match than pure OCC copper or pure OCC silver cables. The inferno works wonderfully with my brightly tilted amp, giving it big/spacious, thunderous sound with neutral tonality but Inferno on other systems can easily be dull sounding

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #23,501 of 26,703
After participating and contributing to the Eletech thread for a while (I was one of the early reviewers for the Socrates Project 8), I bought Susvara and realized that my chain needed a lot more work to get the best out of it. Being of somewhat limited resources, I switched my investments to the HP side and have since been trying to work on HP chain components. I am a cable believer, but have found the stock 10’ ‘catheter’ Susvara cable bests the Hart cable I was using before in terms of treble performance and staging- so I decided to stick with it and get the chain where I wanted it before purchasing more expensive cables to go with Sus. It seems that cable-amp synergy may be a thing as well as HP-cable synergy. This is all good stuff to think and read about, but it’s hard to have too many variables in the mix when one is chasing up other components in the chain. When I get the chain where I want it, I will revisit all this.

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #23,502 of 26,703
After participating and contributing to the Eletech thread for a while (I was one of the early reviewers for the Socrates Project 8), I bought Susvara and realized that my chain needed a lot more work to get the best out of it. Being of somewhat limited resources, I switched my investments to the HP side and have since been trying to work on HP chain components. I am a cable believer, but have found the stock 10’ ‘catheter’ Susvara cable bests the Hart cable I was using before in terms of treble performance and staging- so I decided to stick with it and get the chain where I wanted it before purchasing more expensive cables to go with Sus. It seems that cable-amp synergy may be a thing as well as HP-cable synergy. This is all good stuff to think and read about, but it’s hard to have too many variables in the mix when one is chasing up other components in the chain. When I get the chain where I want it, I will revisit all this.
Agreed about cable/amplifier matching. 100%. Unfortunately everything matters. For the record, my best results have come when every cable, from wall to earcup, is from one manufacturer with one geometry/material design.

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #23,503 of 26,703
What the materials a thing is made out of make a difference. Certain amps are known for being good. Some folks will pick a chain based around a particular purpose. People have made a whole chain over what has synergy with the Susvara for example.

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #23,504 of 26,703

Eric is pretty generous and he’ll probably let you audition both Purgatorio and Inferno and return the one that fits your system less. That said, a caveat of his cables is that they’re more synergy dependent with amps than hybrids and they take forever to burn-in/settle down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back