HiFiMan Susvara
Dec 14, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #19,006 of 26,676
Dec 14, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #19,007 of 26,676
I've had my Susvaras hooked up on a Roksan K3 power amp behind an RME ADI2 DAC. All this talk of Ferrum has me wondering if switching to a ADI-2 -> OOR, with the HYPSOS powering both, would be a noticeable upgrade? Does anyone have that setup?

Dec 14, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #19,011 of 26,676
Uh that must be a new thing then, wasn't aware there's a splitter and I'm sure that wasn't available when I owned one.
Just make sure settings fit for both
Yes, see https://ferrum.audio/product/power-splitter/
But you're right, it might not be possible to have common settings. Maybe there's no real advantage in powering the ADI2 that way? I only thought about it because I saw a HYPSOS+OOR kit that has the splitter included.

Edit: if I read right, the ADI2 takes 9-15V DC and the OOR 22-30V DC so using a split wouldn't work. Still, I'm interested in feedback about ADI2 -> OOR/HYPSOS -> Susvaras.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #19,012 of 26,676
Did you try the USB C portion? Thinking of getting a portable dac/amp for my cellphone. Thanks.
I did get to try it later on. USB C actually sounds good on the go Blu. Would be a better option if one isn't doing ldac. oddly I like the USB input of the go Blu and go bar over the gryphon. I already tried to break in the USB input of the gryphon for 5 days but it still couldn't catch up so....maybe it needs more break in 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Dec 14, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #19,013 of 26,676
I did get to try it later on. USB C actually sounds good on the go Blu. Would be a better option if one isn't doing ldac. oddly I like the USB input of the go Blu and go bar over the gryphon. I already tried to break in the USB input of the gryphon for 5 days but it still couldn't catch up so....maybe it needs more break in 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Yeah, so it turns out that to properly break in a USB input, you need to plug and unplug the cable repeatedly. Doing this for 8 hours straight will assure full break-in. It doesn't have to be nonstop, but if you take a break, it shouldn't be for longer than 15 minutes, or else you have to start over with the 8 hours. Definitely a pain in the arse, but you'll thank me later, although your wrist probably won't!

Dec 14, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #19,014 of 26,676
:deadhorse:

Dec 14, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #19,015 of 26,676
Yeah, so it turns out that to properly break in a USB input, you need to plug and unplug the cable repeatedly. Doing this for 8 hours straight will assure full break-in. It doesn't have to be nonstop, but if you take a break, it shouldn't be for longer than 15 minutes, or else you have to start over with the 8 hours. Definitely a pain in the arse, but you'll thank me later, although your wrist probably won't!
Not surprised to see cheap shots from team speaker amp, but carry on.

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #19,016 of 26,676
wait-wait-what.gif

Dec 15, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #19,017 of 26,676
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please be assured that we will solve it for you asap.
Communicating with Hifiman customer service is becoming a painful experience, as my Susvara are still in pieces after more than a week since communication started, 12/5/22 to be exact.

Communication is limited to one or no email a day. Mostly "... are you sure this is what is need?..." type of email.

This is because the person I am communicating doesn't have any knowledge of the parts. The initial picture I sent should be self explanatory of what happened and what is needed. It seems this person in communicating with another colleague in the company, asking and confirming, etc. which is good but shouldn't take 10 days.

"...this part is not from Susvara" and having to take multiple views of parts is not an acceptable response from Hifiman customer service.

The problem is simple, clearly shown in the pictures I posted here and sent to customer service: multiple screws broke off and they are embedded in their respective parts.

Can you help?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #19,018 of 26,676
I thought this was an interesting post (link below) from @mtoc over in the HE1000 thread. This is the first mention of any type I have seen with regards to speculation about a "v2" (or replacement) of the Susvara that had supposed (as with anything speculative, it could be incorrect info, or baseless speculation from the dealer) info from a dealer etc...Every other mention of a potential "V2" up till now has been based entirely on individual speculation from community members in this thread, not from a dealer, distributor, or Hifiman themselves.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hif...namic-headphone.748334/page-713#post-17296656

Dec 15, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #19,019 of 26,676
hey, no need to be dead serious, no one knows if the model name will be v2 or se or a different name, just a teaser, if you want official announcement there will be a new kid in town or it won't happen at all, everything could be so "baseless", there's always a bit vague in the bussiness, it ain't science peer-review

Dec 15, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #19,020 of 26,676
hey, no need to be dead serious, no one knows if the model name will be v2 or se or a different name, just a teaser, if you want official announcement there will be a new kid in town or it won't happen at all, everything could be so "baseless", there's always a bit vague in the bussiness, it ain't science peer-review
I'm not dead serious at all, I just know that head-fi tends to blow everything out of proportion especially when its regarding potential new products, and especially potential new flagships, so all the disclaimers etc...in my post are simply trying to provide a sliver of rationality to the whole situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back