HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 11, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #17,837 of 25,919
Great Wall of goodness. Probably will get this for IEMs and Headphones sometimes. Will sound better than mojo 2 right?
Yea. Ldac helps a lot! Aptx is grainy, less pure, less dynamics in comparison.

These ldacs stuff needs break in too. I use the 1more assistant app for the first 80 hours of break in and it opens up beautifully. U need to load the HP outputs ofc.

Sep 11, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #17,838 of 25,919
Hi there,
Sorry for the confusion. The black Shangri-La headphone stand is not available. We will update the website once it is in stock so that you can choose. And you are always welcome to contact us at customerservice@hifiman.com to check the inventory. Thank you for your support

That settles it, thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 11, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #17,839 of 25,919
deleted

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #17,841 of 25,919
What was ur transport in doing the test with the go Blu? Did you try the power saver mode and such?
This was the post. Grabbed Blu on your recommendation @Ciggavelli, it's awesome with 1266 for what it is.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #17,842 of 25,919
Sep 12, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #17,843 of 25,919
This was the post. Grabbed Blu on your recommendation @Ciggavelli, it's awesome with 1266 for what it is.
Are you doing USB,ldac,aptx? I didn't realize I can do USB c on it. Now I have to do a round of tests again. On the Gryphon, I burned in the ldac for 5 days, when compared to the cold USB, USB sounds like a toy.

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #17,844 of 25,919
Same question here.
i have been using norne volsund but curious about the magnus too.
So far so good. My initial impressions is that it adds a bit more quantity and authority to the bass. Does not affect micro details. May even increase micro details. Vocals sound even sweeter. Treble might be slightly darker but all sibilance is gone. Used tracks I know to have poor recording. I’m very impressed and happy with the purchase.

Once I get more time with it I can add more to my initial thoughts.

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #17,845 of 25,919
Краткий подведение итогов пятилетнего плана.

Как мне недавно напомнили, оказывается, что я в Head-Fi уже 5 лет...

То, что, по идее, должно было стать промежуточным звеном, в результате втянулось в самую пропасть.
Нет, конечно, с детства я постоянно слушал музыку на портативном устройстве, но осознанный выбор развиваться в этом направлении пришел еще в 2016 году.

Для старожилов этот период покажется незначительным, а для начинающих – далекая и тернистая перспектива.

Что мне дали эти 5 лет? Незабываемый опыт, друзья! Бесконечная смена комплектующих, прослушка, циклическая смена оборудования - это вообще мой козырь), одним словом - процесс!
И конечно самое главное - удовольствие от тоскучи по результату и бесконечные вечера наедине с музыкой ее Величества, а иногда с бутылкой чего-то красного, или Прекрасного - моя верная Василиса)

Оглядываясь назад, я не жалею о потраченном времени и принятых неправильных решениях. Ибо они дали понимание и постепенно отрезали все ненужное. Но необходимое приобрело особую ценность и стало дарить счастье)

И вот результат пятилетнего увлечения на ваших глазах:

Главная Сусвара.jpg

DSC08868.jpg
Ok. Next move I need to buy a bigger desk and setup a hifi rack like this. So beautiful. Love the minimalism. So nice.

Sep 13, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #17,847 of 25,919
"reasonable price" lol ok
The streamer in N05XD is designed by Lumin and powered by an independent transformer, the Lumin counterpart streamer with independent LPS alone retails at 7500 USD (Lumin U 1).

Not to mention the forte of N05XD is its Discrete dac used in its flagship. It reminds of the large room of DCS but with closer and better vocal and much much better resolution and microdetails.

The headphone amp part will not only maximize but fill every inch of the three dimensionality in Susvara, stax and HD800s. Quality wise I feel it is equivalent to Niimbus, which I respect a lot.

If you separate the streamer, dac, pre and amp, it is basically only over 2K for each component, not to mention the built in jitter purifier, USB interface, top notch feet and the damping board at the top.

It has the potentials to even go further and worth upgrading a external master clock, which is In my to buy list of Soulnote X3 clock.

Personal speaking, the best solid state system for Susvara is N05XD and Mytek Empire that will arrive next week so I could ab compare and contrast them side by side.

During my multiple times of demoing, Mytek Empire has better micro-details with Susvara ( analysis approach) while Esoteric has better macro-details (analogue fuller sound that is non fatiguing) before adding a master clock.

Price wise, after adding a top notch master clock, the cost of N-05XD will almost be equal to Mytek Empire.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #17,848 of 25,919
Are you doing USB,ldac,aptx? I didn't realize I can do USB c on it. Now I have to do a round of tests again. On the Gryphon, I burned in the ldac for 5 days, when compared to the cold USB, USB sounds like a toy.
USB. The bluetooth is quite spotty but even still serviceable. While my big rig blows it out of the water, I have little complaint for the sheer size, performance and value of the Blu.

Sep 13, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #17,849 of 25,919
USB. The bluetooth is quite spotty but even still serviceable. While my big rig blows it out of the water, I have little complaint for the sheer size, performance and value of the Blu.
I'll mention the important setup on my previous post...ldac on an Android phone and crippling the Samsung phone by reducing BG services and such , or similarly, using a m17 with good DC power and casting BT ldac will give better results than USB. But whichever combo you use, you need to burn in for 3-5 days. Also do tidal offline and put it on offline mode helps a lot. Qobuz is always poor blacks and noisier so I avoid using it except for a couple of albums i love that is on it but not on Tidal (Shockers).

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #17,850 of 25,919
I'll mention the important setup on my previous post...ldac on an Android phone and crippling the Samsung phone by reducing BG services and such , or similarly, using a m17 with good DC power and casting BT ldac will give better results than USB. But whichever combo you use, you need to burn in for 3-5 days.
Not happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back