HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 14, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #17,867 of 26,714
Tried it with WA33 as pre. Works well. IMO.
Did you prefer the Ferrum stack vs the WA33 + AHB2? I assume the WA33/AHB2 would be a more technical pairing. Curious on your thoughts.

Sep 14, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #17,868 of 26,714
Did you prefer the Ferrum stack vs the WA33 + AHB2? I assume the WA33/AHB2 would be a more technical pairing. Curious on your thoughts.
I preferred the WA and AHB to Ferrum. More resolving whilst staging better front to back.

But Ferrum at a fraction of the price is venerable.

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #17,869 of 26,714
Anybody managed to change the ugly strap on the susvara to something that justifies the 6000 dollars headphone?

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #17,870 of 26,714
quick question: Is the stock Susvara cable full copper or hybrid?

Is this cable the same cross between a a used catheter and a piece of week-old spaghetti that comes with the HE6SE V2?

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #17,871 of 26,714
Is this cable the same cross between a a used catheter and a piece of week-old spaghetti that comes with the HE6SE V2?
Yup you can also call it an embarrassment.

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #17,872 of 26,714
Well, at least it looks like all the money for Hifiman cans goes into the drivers. They don't worry about stuff like cables, pads, headstraps...you can't argue with the great sound quality :)

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #17,873 of 26,714
Well, at least it looks like all the money for Hifiman cans goes into the drivers. They don't worry about stuff like cables, pads, headstraps...you can't argue with the great sound quality :)
I mean it looks cheap, but it sounds good though. SE and XLR4 is included. Great thing about them that they inspired me to buy headphone cable with lower y splitter and 3 meters. Can´t wait to how beautiful the custom FAW cables are gonna look and sound. I mean they cost(standard Claire HPC mk2) around what HifiMan costs and does sound better/balanced

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #17,874 of 26,714
I mean it looks cheap, but it sounds good though. SE and XLR4 is included. Great thing about them that they inspired me to buy headphone cable with lower y splitter and 3 meters. Can´t wait to how beautiful the custom FAW cables are gonna look and sound. I mean they cost(standard Claire HPC mk2) around what HifiMan costs and does sound better/balanced
I'm a lot happier with cables from customcans.co.uk and skyaudiocables than I am with that brand you mentioned.

The price of hifiman cables is not based on anything except wild imagination. Anybody who pays full price would probably bring them to court.

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #17,875 of 26,714
I'm a lot happier with cables from customcans.co.uk and skyaudiocables than I am with that brand you mentioned.

The price of hifiman cables is not based on anything except wild imagination. Anybody who pays full price would probably bring them to court.
True, compared to Arya V2 they should not cost more than the double.

Susvara is only king of the midrange to me. Good for acoustic music, definitly.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #17,876 of 26,714
True, compared to Arya V2 they should not cost more than the double.

Susvara is only king of the midrange to me. Good for acoustic music, definitly.
The only thing I can think of is they bring out headphones for 1800 USD and not long after that they're 1000 USD and a couple years later 500 USD.

Maybe they had to start their cables at those stratospheric prices so that they had the margin to sell them for $1,99 at some point :D

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #17,877 of 26,714
Yup you can also call it an embarrassment.
They still sound amazing. Love them with the Arctic Magnus. Also, I still find them to be the most beautiful headphone I have owned. Maybe its rose color glasses as its my first TOTL love.

Sep 14, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #17,878 of 26,714
The only thing I can think of is they bring out headphones for 1800 USD and not long after that they're 1000 USD and a couple years later 500 USD.

Maybe they had to start their cables at those stratospheric prices so that they had the margin to sell them for $1,99 at some point :D
I mean I have only burnin mine for about 20hours total. From this experience, Im shocked how it is hyped all around youttube and forums. Its like most are trying to justify the purchase. I trusted a couple of hifi "legends" I talked with. He said it was 5-10 times better than Arya. I was like I am ok with 2 times bro!.

...But the thing is, it depends on the recording with Susvara. It is not forgiving at all, even though it is "laid back". Its a great headphone, but 1500 dollars too expensive. To be honest the gold looks awesome, even though it is uneven :sweat_smile:

Sep 14, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #17,879 of 26,714
I mean I have only burnin mine for about 20hours total. From this experience, Im shocked how it is hyped all around youttube and forums. Its like most are trying to justify the purchase. I trusted a couple of hifi "legends" I talked with. He said it was 5-10 times better than Arya. I was like I am ok with 2 times bro!.

...But the thing is, it depends on the recording with Susvara. It is not forgiving at all, even though it is "laid back". Its a great headphone, but 1500 dollars too expensive. To be honest the gold looks awesome, even though it is uneven :sweat_smile:
What is your chain again? Susvara is very picky with DAC/Preamp/AMP synergy. They sound anemic and lifeless on a lot of setups. Took me a while but got things dialed in and they sound amazing. Almost sold them but now I feel they are the best in my ears to other TOTL cans.

Sep 14, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #17,880 of 26,714
What is your chain again? Susvara is very picky with DAC/Preamp/AMP synergy. They sound anemic and lifeless on a lot of setups. Took me a while but got things dialed in and they sound amazing. Almost sold them but now I feel they are the best in my ears to other TOTL cans.
I am glad to hear that, I suspect my whole setup to be new, under 20 hours of burnin.
iFi Powerstation -> iFi DC Blocker -> PC/JCAT USB XE(iFi Elite psu) -> TT2/DAC/XFD1/FIL3 -> XLR/Supra -> audio-gd he9 le(furutech flux-50)

Just a second ago I played with XFD and FIL on the TT2, it did lift the performance.

I am gonna switch the ifi powerstation with Furutech e-TP80s NCF(2023/january)

(I am satisfied with the sound, but I am not satisfied Susvara should cost 6000dollars)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back