HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 8, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #17,807 of 25,919
I’m gonna be honest, I just want the cradle stand because it looks cool :beyersmile:

It’ll be on my Woo Audio stand when stored in my headphone cabinet

Sep 9, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #17,809 of 25,919
Hi there,
Sorry for the confusion. The black Shangri-La headphone stand is not available. We will update the website once it is in stock so that you can choose. And you are always welcome to contact us at customerservice@hifiman.com to check the inventory. Thank you for your support

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 9, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #17,810 of 25,919
Hi there,
Sorry for the confusion. The black Shangri-La headphone stand is not available. We will update the website once it is in stock so that you can choose. And you are always welcome to contact us at customerservice@hifiman.com to check the inventory. Thank you for your support
Received a similar email saying it was still in production.

Sep 9, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #17,811 of 25,919
Not for me. Those magnets draw cooking oils and smoke - it fouls them (all Mylar speakers and headphones). Hanging them about for company or verification of one's wisdom in such a purchase (directed at all that are effected not you) puts them in a position for these problems. I desire a pair greatly. I would protect those amazing cans myself. Airtight box (not the HFM box) or at least a ziploc gallon bag closed as tight as possible. I wish I had pics of my fouled M-L and Magnepan speakers to show.
I never had any problems with my Maggies. They were in a separate room and I had them for over 20 years with no issues. Tks.

Sep 9, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #17,812 of 25,919
I never had any problems with my Maggies. They were in a separate room and I had them for over 20 years with no issues. Tks.
That's good. My MG-II, MG-3.3, ML-3 all did, although my other 7 did not.

Sep 9, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #17,814 of 25,919
Hi there,

thanks @TeamHiFiMAN -- could you clarify to all of us which models will fit on this stand? (given this is a Susvara thread, most everyone here is mostly interesting in the answer to this question: will this fit the Susvara?:))

thanks very much

Sep 9, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #17,815 of 25,919
That is interesting. My Maggie was a MG 3-A. We’re the 7 you had an issue with much older or much newer? Tks.
The other 7 were not troubled as I said.

Maggie's I, II (I had a stacked pair briefly), 3.7I

ML CLS, CLS IIz, Vantage

Quad 988

I also saw an Aerius i, ReQuest, Vista, and a Maggie 20 that had this problem.

It's not a matter of poor or lesser manufacturing or design. It's the very strong magnetic force that draws many sorts of particles to it. The outer cloth/mesh of the speakers or cans get some of it. The macro stuff in part I assume.

I thought a generally closed room helps back in the 80's. Do any fumes get into your room from outside such as from BBQ, fire pits? Ever notice how if you don't clean a window facing inside for say 6 months you get grime and filmy stuff on the cleaning rag?

Unless something nasty happens at one time, youll never hear the degradation day over day. How much guck needs to get on a .1 mil piece of Mylar before it can't react as quickly? Not sure, but ML and Magnepan take them back and replace them regularly - sometimes for a mechanical failure and often for fouled Mylar sheets.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #17,816 of 25,919
thanks @TeamHiFiMAN -- could you clarify to all of us which models will fit on this stand? (given this is a Susvara thread, most everyone here is mostly interesting in the answer to this question: will this fit the Susvara?:))

thanks very much
I've sent an email to hifiman customer service, as loving the aesthetics of the cradle. They've confirmed yes it fits the Susvara no issues, even though it's designed for the Shangri-La. Put through my order for the silver unit.

Sep 9, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #17,818 of 25,919
The other 7 were not troubled as I said.

Maggie's I, II (I had a stacked pair briefly), 3.7I

ML CLS, CLS IIz, Vantage

Quad 988

I also saw an Aerius i, ReQuest, Vista, and a Maggie 20 that had this problem.

It's not a matter of poor or lesser manufacturing or design. It's the very strong magnetic force that draws many sorts of particles to it. The outer cloth/mesh of the speakers or cans get some of it. The macro stuff in part I assume.

I thought a generally closed room helps back in the 80's. Do any fumes get into your room from outside such as from BBQ, fire pits? Ever notice how if you don't clean a window facing inside for say 6 months you get grime and filmy stuff on the cleaning rag?

Unless something nasty happens at one time, youll never hear the degradation day over day. How much guck needs to get on a .1 mil piece of Mylar before it can't react as quickly? Not sure, but ML and Magnepan take them back and replace them regularly - sometimes for a mechanical failure and often for fouled Mylar sheets.
Mine were in a LR and then a Playroom. No BBQ’s and no kitchen were near them. Anyway, Tks for the info.

Sep 9, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #17,819 of 25,919
I've sent an email to hifiman customer service, as loving the aesthetics of the cradle. They've confirmed yes it fits the Susvara no issues, even though it's designed for the Shangri-La. Put through my order for the silver unit.
🙏

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #17,820 of 25,919
Anyone try the NAD M23 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back