Hifiman Sundara (HE400i upgraded, around $500)
Jul 1, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #1,276 of 4,250
Impressions need the music listened to for best understanding.

I'm pretty impressed with the almost 'stat-like presentation of the Sundaras, especially in the treble. For some music, a bit more bass would be welcome, so paired with something like the FiiO Q5, which has bass boost, works in their favour. They aren't as able to present a sense of depth as the Massdrop Focal Elex are though. For the Aeon Flow Open, you'd need to switch to the black inserts to compare, as the stock ones make them sound more muffled to me.

Would be interesting to see a comparative review between these and the Ananda's (some speculate that the Anandas are actually just HEX V3), also a review of the HE1000 V2 vs. the Final Audio D8000 would be worthwhile :wink: but that would be the subject of another thread.

Jul 1, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #1,279 of 4,250
Would be interesting to see a comparative review between these and the Ananda's (some speculate that the Anandas are actually just HEX V3), also a review of the HE1000 V2 vs. the Final Audio D8000 would be worthwhile :wink: but that would be the subject of another thread.

Here is a review of D8000 with some references to HE-1000 v2 and HD800 http://highfidelity.pl/@main-838&lang=en

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #1,282 of 4,250
Well they arrived and look very nice. Plugged them in and a very nice sound out of one headphone. The other nothing. No sound. I’ve bought over 10 headphones over past few years and these are the first not to work. Back to amazon they go. Very disappointing

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #1,283 of 4,250
Wow. Sorry for the hassle. Just curious -- Did they appear to be re-packaged or a new pair?

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,284 of 4,250
They looked new pair. I’d heard of hifiman a bad rep but I can’t deny after spending £400 I won’t be buying another. I’ll try audeze next

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #1,285 of 4,250
They looked new pair. I’d heard of hifiman a bad rep but I can’t deny after spending £400 I won’t be buying another. I’ll try audeze next
Try to rotate the cable left and right. Play a little bit maybe it does not do a good contact.

My first pair had another problem the replacement have this one. It does not play until I rotrte the cable. And also does not accept any other cable that it was used with the first pair. It does not stick in place on the right part.

But it worth keep trying. After 10 replacement or something you might find a perfect working pair.

These sound so good and in rediculus prices that the competitors pay workers in the factory to mess up with them and keep the competition alive. There is no other logical explanation to me..

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #1,286 of 4,250
Ha, the sound out of one headphone was very nice. Do I try and get another set or should I get something different....

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #1,287 of 4,250
Given Amazon's liberal return policy, I would try another. I have had no issues with mine since receiving them 2 weeks ago. It really is worth giving Sundara another shot -- even after the dismal first impression. It is an excellent set of cans and deserving of its place on Tyll's Innerfidelity Wall-of-Fame. It would be a real shame to give-up on them so quickly. :wink:

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #1,288 of 4,250
All these issues do give one pause however.

How is Hifiman’s customer service / warranty in general?
I mean if you get a pair that are solid but poop out in a few years, do they take care of you?

I know Audeze is very good in this regard.

Jul 3, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #1,289 of 4,250
Review is up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back