Hifiman Sundara (HE400i upgraded, around $500)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mtoc, Sep 16, 2017.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. mtoc
    80% thinner diaphragm than the HE400i's, kick out around Oct. No clear photo due to the dark-lighted circumstance.

2. endgame
    IMG_1644.GIF The reaction to this is going to be good...

Light - Man and sacguy231 like this.
  3. Tetonpowskier
    I hope it has a little extra in the bass department.

Kermeli likes this.
  4. mtoc
    Don't forget that HE560 is $499 now, so the new kid had to be better or

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  5. endgame
    I was referring more to the fallout/alienation between Hifiman owner, Fang, and pretty much everyone else on Head Fi.

He pretty much destroyed his base in America.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  6. Tetonpowskier
    Why, what happened?

7. endgame
  8. czy6412
    IMG_0002.JPG From Hifiman's weibo

Translation:
    "Newly designed headband"
    "The headphone is made completely in metal"
    "Diaphragm thickness is 20% of HE400i"
    "Price will be around 500USD"
    "More info upcoming in October"

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  9. Tetonpowskier
    Can anyone translate that?

10. ShaggyFi
    lol, Its the reason why I never buy new hifiman headphone. Good new for me and other new buyers tho

owners hate their gears becoming so cheap. But all the other buyers love it lol

11. ShaggyFi
    1) new headband
    2) full metal design
    3) new Headphone diaphragm thickness gonna be only 20% of the HE400
    4) gonna be around 500USD
    5) more news coming in OCT

you're wellcome :wink:

alphanumerix1 and ToroFiestaSol like this.
  12. Tetonpowskier
    Thanks.

13. ToroFiestaSol
    Looks like a step in the right direction, HE-400i wasn't a new model introduced this year and this one does not contain plywood.

JoePR31 likes this.
  14. kernel8888
    Why would this create any negative fallout between Hifiman and their customers? I love the fact that they are continually innovating and trying new things/delivering new products to the market. As if the people that are on head-fi don't almost constantly try new ones anyway? If you choose to buy a product new, do you really expect that its the end all be all, or last one the company will release, even in it's price bracket?

"man, it's so annoying that a company keeps releasing new products. I wish they would stop trying to improve their sound, design, build quality, etc."

Yes, we definitely would have been better off if dan stopped at the original mad dog, senn with the older hd5xx's, the lcd2.1, he-5, etc.

Sorry for my tone, rant over.

JoePR31 and LugBug1 like this.
  15. ToroFiestaSol
    Here we go again...

The problem was the perceived build quality, V2 version for products that had a Head-fi Beta tester program (HE-1000), fast releasing of new models (6 months for Edition X), and always doubling the price while not improving build quality, just read Head-fi...

THIS particular case (HE-400i replacement) is well done, because HE-400i is not 6 months old, and this model is all metal (no annoying chair plywood) and doesn't costs twice as the model it replaces.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last