Hifiman Sundara (HE400i upgraded, around $500)
May 30, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #2,431 of 4,255
I'm in Thailand which is not in the EU (I think you knew that) but we have usually got terrible customs duty. I ordered direct from the Hifiman store (Their website) and the headphones showed up DHl in 4 days from my order date with absolutely no customs charge. I have no Idea if I just won the lottery or Hifiman has a clever way of valuing their products. Anyway, I would suggest the official Hifiman Store. Worked for me. Of course it was the latest version.
How was the shipping box ? Receipt ? value ? any pictures of Sundara ?

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #2,432 of 4,255
How was the shipping box ? Receipt ? value ? any pictures of Sundara ?
Mine was the Sundara. Just got them about 3 weeks ago. Standard DHL box and DHL takes care of the customs clearance. They actually do it themselves on the plane while in transit. Some sort of arrangement they have with various countries. I never saw a receipt with value DHL took care of that. I was actually shocked when it just showed up at the door. It was packed in a DHL container.

May 30, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #2,433 of 4,255
Mine was the Sundara. Just got them about 3 weeks ago. Standard DHL box and DHL takes care of the customs clearance. They actually do it themselves on the plane while in transit. Some sort of arrangement they have with various countries. I never saw a receipt with value DHL took care of that. I was actually shocked when it just showed up at the door. It was packed in a DHL container.
Well that's nice. DHL does the same if i buy from Amazon. Amazon charges the tax automatically. For other shops turkish custom process is wild. I wonder can i get mine without paying tax if i buy from Hifiman.

May 30, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #2,434 of 4,255
Well that's nice. DHL does the same if i buy from Amazon. Amazon charges the tax automatically. For other shops turkish custom process is wild. I wonder can i get mine without paying tax if i buy from Hifiman.
All I can tell you is I did. I was shocked at how fast it arrived and no tax. Worst that can happen is they charge you the tax. I have used Amazon for small things but I don't trust their estimate of tax up front.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #2,435 of 4,255
All I can tell you is I did. I was shocked at how fast it arrived and no tax. Worst that can happen is they charge you the tax. I have used Amazon for small things but I don't trust their estimate of tax up front.
Yes that's why i'm not buying from them. With headphones they are charging way more than they should up front. Shipping cost ridiculous as well. Customer support (amazon.com) terrible too.

May 30, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #2,437 of 4,255
Hi, I also bought Sundara and I love it, but according to what I have heard so far Deva seems a bit better. May I ask why you chose Sundara over Deva?

May 30, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #2,438 of 4,255
Hi, I also bought Sundara and I love it, but according to what I have heard so far Deva seems a bit better. May I ask why you chose Sundara over Deva?
I have no use for the bluetooth as I have several sets of bluetooth earbuds. I knew exactly what I was getting with the Sundara and it is the sound signature I wanted. In case it matters the only reason I did not buy one of the much higher models was the weight it had little to do with the price. I find Sundara at my limit for weight, Had an old motorcycle injury and had to sell off all my flagship phones years ago. My neck will start to bother me at anything over 390 grams.

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #2,443 of 4,255
still waiting for sundara to arrive :/

but been reading up more on dac/amp combos and considering these few now:
Schiit magni heresy + modi 3 (original choice)
Topping D50s + A50 (heard this is potentially better than the Schiit stack and is abit more future-proof?)
Topping E30 + JDS lab atom (read the E30 is better than the D50s and thought maybe use JDS lab atom or perhaps use A50)

so many choices...

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #2,444 of 4,255
still waiting for sundara to arrive :/

but been reading up more on dac/amp combos and considering these few now:
Schiit magni heresy + modi 3 (original choice)
Topping D50s + A50 (heard this is potentially better than the Schiit stack and is abit more future-proof?)
Topping E30 + JDS lab atom (read the E30 is better than the D50s and thought maybe use JDS lab atom or perhaps use A50)

so many choices...
There are many choices in that pricerange, all of the named ones are great though, so you can be happy with any of these, regardless of what you decide on.
I'd stick to your original choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back