HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"
May 18, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #646 of 1,984
It's an irony HFM still advertises the playback time as most noticeable strength this device has
but in reality it's the worst of all. It's not only misinformation but also shows the lack of business principle
not correcting themselves or simply they don't even care?

Capture.JPG

May 18, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #647 of 1,984
It's an irony HFM still advertises the playback time as most noticeable strength this device has
but in reality it's the worst of all. It's not only misinformation but also shows the lack of business principle
not correcting themselves or simply they don't even care?

I guess they assume those who want this product are people who know exactly what they are buying. I know exactly what I got myself into, so I'm not complaining, but you are right, they either should remove that or give us what they promised.

It is such a shame, as truly if this was a bad sounding product I would have not bothered with it, it is just it sound is amazing, and if they implemented it onto something a little larger, they could have achieved so much more.

May 18, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #648 of 1,984
I guess they assume those who want this product are people who know exactly what they are buying. I know exactly what I got myself into, so I'm not complaining, but you are right, they either should remove that or give us what they promised.

It is such a shame, as truly if this was a bad sounding product I would have not bothered with it, it is just it sound is amazing, and if they implemented it onto something a little larger, they could have achieved so much more.

Agreed. It doesn't have to be this small. They should make a new functional product with the remaining chips but then it will never happen. I will be just squeezing as much sonic enjoyment as possible from this little guy and adios to HFM for good.

May 20, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #650 of 1,984
Hi there, just to confirm that the Eco mode will be returning in the next firmware update which is currently in testing. It ought to be public shortly and then the R2R2000 can go back to being able to run at the extended times when required to.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 20, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #651 of 1,984
Hi there, just to confirm that the Eco mode will be returning in the next firmware update which is currently in testing. It ought to be public shortly and then the R2R2000 can go back to being able to run at the extended times when required to.

Thanks for letting us know, is there any plans to untap the full potential of the custom FPGA inside R2R2K?

Out of curiosity, what happens to files inside the FPGA? Do they get upsampled?

May 20, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #652 of 1,984
Are they operating with the same exact user interface? Any new features added?
Except for R2R2K the firmware update for all other HFM daps haven't happened for more than a year or two so I hope
HFM is not going phase out the R2R2K at software level as well soon. The software is still labelled as beta.
Hi Sorry for the late feedback. the RED runs the same software, it is indeed the exact same unit with same markings at the back and the only visible difference is the red paint. My guess is that all the components are the same except for the dac ships based on what various websites stated but as said before the difference in sound quality with the black version is not obvious - at least to me and from 4.4 output which is the only one I tested so far on the RED.
Indeed there is no documentation which comes with the unit which would state what difference it has with the black version a,d the box is the same. I can just see that my serial number on my RED is smaller than on my Black so it is clearly from a different batch.

May 20, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #657 of 1,984
I am a user (and a reviewer) of SuperMini, and I was quite fond of its natural sound and operating system.

It was very (I mean VERY) simple, generally dependable and thus instant in response. And I would very much like to see Hifiman keeping their user interfaces simple as possible (with some important features of course), as that way usability does not constitute a problem for their players.

And 4.4 balanced is again, as many said, a very welcome feature to be seen on a Hifiman device.

May 21, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #658 of 1,984
I am a user (and a reviewer) of SuperMini, and I was quite fond of its natural sound and operating system.

It was very (I mean VERY) simple, generally dependable and thus instant in response. And I would very much like to see Hifiman keeping their user interfaces simple as possible (with some important features of course), as that way usability does not constitute a problem for their players.

And 4.4 balanced is again, as many said, a very welcome feature to be seen on a Hifiman device.

Even Supermini has the physical skip button, why not on R2R2K? I would have loved a little more if it had the button to press. :disappointed:

May 21, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #659 of 1,984
Thanks for letting us know, is there any plans to untap the full potential of the custom FPGA inside R2R2K?

Out of curiosity, what happens to files inside the FPGA? Do they get upsampled?

define untap the full potential?

As to what goes on the inside, well its a combination pixie dust and ground unicorn horn :wink:

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back