May 5, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #631 of 1,984
May 5, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #632 of 1,984
i can`t even find a link on L&P L6 Ti

L&P L6 i find plenty

Am i mistaken,the L&P L6 is 1399.00 USD

Any links on the L&P L6 Ti ?

Cheers

I wrote L6 instead of LP6. Corrected.

For the adventurous, actual price display is to be computed by reference to both the deposit and the balance i.e. 40000 RMB or 6000 USD approx. : https://www.bhiner.com/taobao-agent/552302796400

Numbers are getting so outrageous it's no longer worth mentioning. IF those sell, imagine how high the next model will be.....

May 5, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #633 of 1,984
My decision to stay on HFN's future DAP trail depends on their ability to make the functional local player.
Make the solid local player first and then think about extra streaming features which are good to have.
Except for the extraordinarily unique sound signature and micro form factor, HFN doesn't seem to do anything right
in terms of software development. Make some investment to hire some decent software engineers to fix the HFM mobile app
and stabilize the device options. If you can't make it right, hand over r2r chips to whoever can best capitalize it as a greatest dap!
:beerchug:

May 8, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #635 of 1,984
Hi All,

Just got the red version after some further testing. One thing which I can note already is that there is no hiss compared to my black version. Perhaps it is because of the red version being less powerful. In any event I intend to use mostly the Red one with the Solaris for that reason. I will share some more impressions once I have more time to compare and I also need to align the UI versions between both first.

Cheers

DK

L5WnucV.jpg

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #636 of 1,984
Hi All,

Just got the red version after some further testing. One thing which I can note already is that there is no hiss compared to my black version. Perhaps it is because of the red version being less powerful. In any event I intend to use mostly the Red one with the Solaris for that reason. I will share some more impressions once I have more time to compare and I also need to align the UI versions between both first.

Cheers

DK

L5WnucV.jpg

Do they sound similar or very different? Does the red version have the same level of detail as the black version?

May 8, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #637 of 1,984
Do they sound similar or very different? Does the red version have the same level of detail as the black version?

First of all I have to correct my previous post. The Red Version is not less powerful than the Black version. I did some test with the same track on high gain on each device with the IER-Z1R and I could not tell which one was louder. My previous impression was triggered by the differences on super low gain mode where the Red version is quieter than the Black one. So on this point perhaps my black version has a defect but it seems my Red version is working better. I will try to revert back the black version to an older UI, same as my Red version, to see if it is only a software issue.

In my opinion, they have similar sound signature. There is less difference for instance between the R2RK Black and Red versions than between Sony NW-WM1Z and NW-WM1A. I cannot tell there is a noticeable difference in detail retrieval. The main difference I can hear so far is the Black is producing a larger sound stage and perhaps more separation with more impactful bass. That said, I have used the black for hundreds of hours whereas I am just starting on the Red. I also was not so impressed with the Red as I was initially with the Black but I think it is more due to the novelty effect.

Besides for sound, regarding the build quality I have to say the red paint is not very well applied on my unit. It may not show on pictures but that's more obvious in real life. I am fine with it as I do not care too much about this but it may be annoying to others.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #638 of 1,984
First of all I have to correct my previous post. The Red Version is not less powerful than the Black version. I did some test with the same track on high gain on each device with the IER-Z1R and I could not tell which one was louder. My previous impression was triggered by the differences on super low gain mode where the Red version is quieter than the Black one. So on this point perhaps my black version has a defect but it seems my Red version is working better. I will try to revert back the black version to an older UI, same as my Red version, to see if it is only a software issue.

In my opinion, they have similar sound signature. There is less difference for instance between the R2RK Black and Red versions than between Sony NW-WM1Z and NW-WM1A. I cannot tell there is a noticeable difference in detail retrieval. The main difference I can hear so far is the Black is producing a larger sound stage and perhaps more separation with more impactful bass. That said, I have used the black for hundreds of hours whereas I am just starting on the Red. I also was not so impressed with the Red as I was initially with the Black but I think it is more due to the novelty effect.

Besides for sound, regarding the build quality I have to say the red paint is not very well applied on my unit. It may not show on pictures but that's more obvious in real life. I am fine with it as I do not care too much about this but it may be annoying to others.

Perhaps the red version's amp section is also a bit different. As for the paint, shame to hear Hifiman is still cutting corners (despite premium+ pricing). Is local playback still problematic?

Btw, where did you buy it? Still only see the original for sale here in the States. There's a red one on ebay but the seller has too little feedback.

May 9, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #641 of 1,984
Not too appealing to me but what's the selling point? More affordable?
Is this the same model number with 'red' at the end?

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #642 of 1,984
Hi All,

I spent more time with both the Red and the Black, had the Red one running for few days already. I also made various tests on various songs with the same earphones and settings. Basically most of the time I cannot really tell the difference between the two so either my hearing is bad or the red version would be a better deal than the black if you are only focusing on sound. Perhaps others would have different opinions. I would recommend you try them both before deciding which one to buy.

Cheers

BgCaueB.jpg

yqS8w8V.jpg

Last edited:
May 18, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #643 of 1,984
Hi All,

I spent more time with both the Red and the Black, had the Red one running for few days already. I also made various tests on various songs with the same earphones and settings. Basically most of the time I cannot really tell the difference between the two so either my hearing is bad or the red version would be a better deal than the black if you are only focusing on sound. Perhaps others would have different opinions. I would recommend you try them both before deciding which one to buy.

Cheers

BgCaueB.jpg

yqS8w8V.jpg

Are they operating with the same exact user interface? Any new features added?
Except for R2R2K the firmware update for all other HFM daps haven't happened for more than a year or two so I hope
HFM is not going phase out the R2R2K at software level as well soon. The software is still labelled as beta.

May 18, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #645 of 1,984
What every one saying is true, but none of it matters when I plug in my Dita truth into r2r2k and press play. It is the closest thing I got to experiencing music first hand in person.

The only thing I want HFM to enable is the full potential of their custom FPGA. 1704 is capable of 24/1.4 MGz and officially 24/705 kHz!
While it doesn’t have the highest dynamic range but no one listen to such high sounds so who cares.
R2R2K is truly portable, so I’m okay with 5 hours of usage, given it size and sound quality.
Was it false advertising to say Eco mode for 30 hours and not been able to offer it? Yes! This is the reason dealers smart enough out of China don’t sell it as t can give them legal headaches for selling a falsely advertised product.
In short such an amazing sound, perhaps nothing of its kind will be released in the future and rumours is true r2r2000TM is worth looking into at half the price of the black prince .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back