Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions
Oct 15, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #122 of 862
How bad is the cable really? Is it just unweildy, or is it tear-your-hair-out annoying?
Or is it just a durability issue which can be avoided if you baby them to death?

Oct 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #123 of 862
^clieos said the cable is durable and is quite good and that is what i expected( the cables to be great) ....infact the HM-602 orders were shipped late as these cables  came late. ..I mean to say if they wanted just any cable they would not have delayed the preorders cause of it.
where did you get the idea that its delicate and unweildy?!?

Oct 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #124 of 862
No the cable seems solidly build and isen't particularily unvieldy unless you compare it to something like the Westone cables which are in a league of their own for flexibility

Oct 15, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #125 of 862
The cable is definitely thicker than the RE-Zero and the RE0. From feel it does seem like the RE-Zero is smoother than the RE262 but whether it has as much memory as the RE-Zero is yet to be determined.

Oct 16, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #126 of 862
Have done some listening this morning after a night of IsoTek burn-in. Me like. From memory I would say that it is definately up there with the UM3x although I can't rank them as it has been about 6 months since I sold th UM3x. It works quite well straight out of an iPhone although at near max volume and works better amped. The highs are not as shimmering as on my beloved Ety's but still very detailed. The bass is very well defined and drives a good deep thump. The midrange is lovely and male vocals and saxophone especially shine. I have worn them for about 3 hours straight with the big double flange and no discomfort to speak off so far. I think HiFiMan have a winner on their hands with this iem.

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #127 of 862
Oh, one thing thats been puzzling me ...the balanced trrs jack.
Assuming the HM-602 also has a balanced output , do re262s benifit form balanced configuration (when paired with HM-602 and when paired with other DAPs).

Also if i remember correctly  re-zero also had a trrs stereo jack anyone tried the zeros with HM-602?

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #129 of 862
I tried the RE-262 straight out of my mozaic and iphone 3gs (along with RE-252 and Dba-o2)
Not impressed at all with the sound. I agree with people who say it is different in sound sig. as compared to the rest of the re's.
Eventually bought the re-252 and am more than happy with it!
The cable is definitely thicker and overall build quality looks very good, though.

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #133 of 862
I don't think they are bad sounding at all from the 4 hours or so I put on it. It's a bit different signature than I expected but I like the cable better although the chin slider is still useless and the shirt clip didn't come already installed. I broke the shirt clip trying to get it on in about 5 seconds but luckily for me I have other ones that are easier to put on.

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #134 of 862
^ the bad sound can also be due to the iphone 3gs as these are 150ohm IEMs. (speculating as i done have mine yet, still not shipped)

also i assumed they has balanced jack because the zeros have one.  thankyou for the info.( now another assumtion of mine :do HM-602 have a balanced output.? if yes how does it work with zeros?)

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #135 of 862
LOL

What do you think of it versus MTPC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back