HifiMan RE252 Appreciation Thread
Feb 8, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #122 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by saisunil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apparently comply makes tips that go deeper, but you'll have to make sure they have the right hole width ...

Yeah, I am looking for comply right now, but don't know any canadian sellers besides Ebay. And, Ebay only has the medium tips ><, I am sure I would need small to medium. I'm going to ask the seller.

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #123 of 271
Ok so I tried the sony hybrids ... they do sound better ... perhaps it has to do with the way (using the type of material) it allows the contact with the ear and the iem ...

In any case both comply and sony hybrids give me good / excellent for with RE252 ... the only problem with the hybrids is that it only comes with assorted sizes -- I can only use one set and the other 4 sets are not useful for me ...

With comply, the highs are slightly more rolled off and the base is slightly softer ...

I could live with either, but prefer the sony hybrid ... they both provide excellent seal!
The bottom line is using whatever is comfortable and give the right fit.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences, I was almost about to dump them ... another $25 investment took care of the fit issue ...

Cheers

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #124 of 271
bah, thanks saisunil for the input, hrmm maybe I should be both lol, heck I am sure I can use the hybrids on my NE-7ms, the stock tips on those aren't that great, though I don't think they'll fit on the PL50s

Feb 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #127 of 271
Hello, I am really interested in this iem. I owned the re0 before but didnt really like the cable, it felt pretty unsturdy to me. Also it sounded rather narrow (no soundstage) and congested. But the overall sound was pretty nice although bass-light.
I was all set on buying these when I read again about the audio technica ck10 and ck100.
Can someone compare the re252 to one of the audio technica iems? I wonder if they are much a like because this seems to be the case from what I read about them and I would like to know what one I should get
re252 ck10 or ck100.
Greetings,. Anouk,

Feb 21, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #128 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I am really interested in this iem. I owned the re0 before but didnt really like the cable, it felt pretty unsturdy to me. Also it sounded rather narrow (no soundstage) and congested. But the overall sound was pretty nice although bass-light.
I was all set on buying these when I read again about the audio technica ck10 and ck100.
Can someone compare the re252 to one of the audio technica iems? I wonder if they are much a like because this seems to be the case from what I read about them and I would like to know what one I should get
re252 ck10 or ck100.
Greetings,. Anouk,

You may still find the RE252 to have less bass than you like. I haven't heard the ck10 or ck100, so I can't help there.

Feb 26, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #129 of 271
I'm finding the Monster supertips to be bringing out bass detail in the RE-252. It's a small, but nice difference. Bass also seems to have a bit more body and clarity with them. They sound a pinch more defined all throughout.

I couldn't get the supertips to fit in my ears with my Turbine Pro, though. I'm using the Head-direct biflanges on them with good results.

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #130 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
re252 ck10 or ck100.
Greetings,. Anouk,

Anouk, I would look into the ATH over the RE252 especially on what I've read on them, see joker's comparison. And, the fitting on the RE252 aren't the best.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #131 of 271
I am getting ready for my comparison of many IEMs, including the RE252 and am trying to find the best tips... man, that sucker is a bear to get a good seal for me.

Trying the monster super tips, monster triple flange, PFE tips, very large silicon, and the large bi-flange that came with it still seem to be the best, but still don't always give me the best seal. Arrrrggggggg.

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #132 of 271
I just got my complys, and I have to say that the RE252 sound very good, no pain, good seal, and quite comfy right now. That being said, I now have a more time to actually listen to the RE252, and I got to say they're under appreciated on head fi. Once you get a good seal everything about the RE252 changes. When compared to the RE0 the RE252 sound more fun with punchier bass, better mids, still very good highs and a very interesting soundstage.

Though the fitting may have been the RE252 downfall, it does perform quite well and in some aspect the fitting issue isn't a big issue to some.

Mar 19, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #133 of 271
This headphone is weird, but in a cool way I guess. The rounded mids and flat bass makes its sound seem like a "fat man." The bass is the legs, the mids the beer belly, and the soft, unnuanced highs make it feel like it's decapitated, lol. I think I need sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back