HiFiMAN RE-600 Review
Mar 10, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #166 of 218
oh the 600 is better than the 1000, easily.  however it does like power a lot and would be its best out of a phone.

if you want a smoother warmer sound go 600, if a more evenly balanced sound go for the 1000.

Oh damn you Mark :D
For a moment I thought you got your hands on the RE1000

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #167 of 218
Oh damn you Mark
biggrin.gif

For a moment I thought you got your hands on the RE1000

lol, sorry

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #168 of 218
Just got my recabled RE-600 back! MAn I missed these, they sound just as excellent as when the cable first broke. Now I've got a nice Midnight SPC cable from BTG Audio and there'd be no way for me to compare if there is any sound difference between the two but the BTG cable looks and feels way more sturdy and microphonics are non existent with music playing. 

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #170 of 218
  Hopefully, HiFiMAN has heard of all the negative feedback and will fix their flimsy cables in the next generation of IEMs :) 

I really do think they should. I understand a lot of HP and IEM manufacturers skimp on cables to lower cost but I think a nice cable goes a long way. At least make your IEM cables detachable so upgrading is easier. My HE-400s cable wasn't so great either but I switched it out after a day of use for a CablePro Earcandy so I can't comment on the durability. I just wanted a longer cable so I could freely walk around my room with my headphones on.

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #171 of 218
  Just got my recabled RE-600 back! MAn I missed these, they sound just as excellent as when the cable first broke. Now I've got a nice Midnight SPC cable from BTG Audio and there'd be no way for me to compare if there is any sound difference between the two but the BTG cable looks and feels way more sturdy and microphonics are non existent with music playing. 

Care to share a pic?  I sold my RE600 despite its excellent tonality and stage because of the cable build and didn't want to deal with the woes.

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #172 of 218
Yeah. Again, I didn't go for these because of all the cable complaints. I would never purchase a headphone knowing that I "must" recable it to stay safe, unless it was dirt cheap and easy.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #173 of 218
oh the 600 is better than the 1000, easily.  however it does like power a lot and would be its best out of a phone.

if you want a smoother warmer sound go 600, if a more evenly balanced sound go for the 1000.

Thanks a lot Mark,
please don't mind it, actually i need your guidance,
what you think about JVC HA FX 1100, wch one is more superior if you make a comparison between 600 and JVC1100, because i have also read a lot of good views about 1100 such as good bass and mids more smoother highs big soundstage and a great 3D imaging.
which one is more power hungry 600 or 1100?
actually i cannot carry a extra DAP or amp with me everywhere so what you think wch one is more suitable if i listen music straight from my Samsung galaxy note 4.
thanks again for your help..

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #174 of 218

Care to share a pic?  I sold my RE600 despite its excellent tonality and stage because of the cable build and didn't want to deal with the woes.

I'll snap one quick, hard to pull these away from my desktop rig right now, the RE-600 sounds even better with my Modi 2 Uber/Asgard 2 setup, I think it's going to be tough deciding between my HE-400 and RE-600 for desktop listening now. The extra power really gave these some impressive bass impact.

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #175 of 218
Thanks a lot Mark,
please don't mind it, actually i need your guidance,
what you think about JVC HA FX 1100, wch one is more superior if you make a comparison between 600 and JVC1100, because i have also read a lot of good views about 1100 such as good bass and mids more smoother highs big soundstage and a great 3D imaging.
which one is more power hungry 600 or 1100?
actually i cannot carry a extra DAP or amp with me everywhere so what you think wch one is more suitable if i listen music straight from my Samsung galaxy note 4.
thanks again for your help..

hello, well i dont have an FX1100 so i cannot really say what its like.  the closest i have is an FX500 which is very good and it doesnt particularly need an amp.  so if i had to guess id say the 600 is more in need of an amp than the 1100 is but its only a guess.

additionally, the FX500 is very treble abundant, so i would assume the 1100 is going to be likewise quite treble abundant as usually things from the same manufacturer have similar sound signatures.  so then i would think the 600 is going to be the smoother.  for me i would err towards a smooth sound rather than a trebly one if just using a phone as a phone would have the most refined treble ever and nothing kills my ears like hard gritty treble does.  still im just guessing so i could be wrong about the 1100.

you know you could always get the 600, it will work just out of your phone and it will sound good, just not as good as it would with an amp.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #176 of 218
I was running a dacport lx into a quickstep amp and wanted to try the Gungnir with the quickstep.  A good and noticeable improvement.  They do scale up; clearl, defining, holographic sound.  Smooth, smooth, smooth with an even harder bass hits.  

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #180 of 218
Yeap, Double Black Tips  that insert deeper, an HE-500 sound.  The clear, double bullets in the portable case gives much, much more space, a 2-3 rows farther back, colder sound but that space and holography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back