HiFiMAN RE-600 Review
Mar 25, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #181 of 218
  Yeap, Double Black Tips  that insert deeper, an HE-500 sound.  The clear, double bullets in the portable case gives much, much more space, a 2-3 rows farther back, colder sound but that space and holography.

i tried some other tips and found jvc spiral dot tips works perfectly with these iems, remain the magical mid, elevate bass and smooth out treble :) you may want to try those tips :)

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #182 of 218
I am so glad I bought these. At first, the mids where kinda overwhelming for me.It is for sure a very mid-forward/centric signature.
The initial pricing of 400€.. not sure If I had bought them, since they are technically inferior to Balanced Armatures( detail, frequency extension, isolation). But the Re-600 is ahead in soundstage - grand and coherent. The timbre is amazing as well, everything is well put together. A rather sophisticated tuning which is highly versatile. If you aren't too focused on the technical ability of your gear compared to 300-400€ Balanced Armatures, the IEM Re-600 could be one of your most appreciated companions =) 
But at 200€ price point, there is no competition right now if you happen to like midcentric, high class tuning =)

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #183 of 218
  I am so glad I bought these. At first, the mids where kinda overwhelming for me.It is for sure a very mid-forward/centric signature.
The initial pricing of 400€.. not sure If I had bought them, since they are technically inferior to Balanced Armatures( detail, frequency extension, isolation). But the Re-600 is ahead in soundstage - grand and coherent. The timbre is amazing as well, everything is well put together. A rather sophisticated tuning which is highly versatile. If you aren't too focused on the technical ability of your gear compared to 300-400€ Balanced Armatures, the IEM Re-600 could be one of your most appreciated companions =) 
But at 200€ price point, there is no competition right now if you happen to like midcentric, high class tuning =)

hmm i wouldnt say the were inferior, well except in isolation if you treat less as being a negative.

give them a bash with a lighter, crisper amp and youll start to notice the details flowing forth. the detail is in there, its just the gentle warmth can casually obscure it where BA's are often much more upfront with it.

Apr 30, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #184 of 218
I received some RE-600s a week ago and put about 100 hours of musical burn-in time with them, having lived with RE-262 the last couple years.

What I am hearing is a slight hardness in the upper mids and more neutral presentation (as opposed to warm or cool), and negatively impacts my enjoyment of the music. Perhaps I am too used to the liquidity and mid-range warmth of the RE-262?

Yes, they are very spacious and great soundstage, better even than the RE-262 perhaps because the highs are not quite as rolled off as the RE-262. They handle complex music well and have good texture and depth in the bass.

...But those slightly hard upper mids. And without the warmth, I have trouble relating to the reviews that call the mids "lush". Do I need to put some more burn-in hours on them or is this their final character?

May 4, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #187 of 218
Since my first post, I've put an additional 100 hours of burn-in time, which seems to ave done the trick. I listened this morning and I don't notice the hardness, and the mids and upper mids seem to now have the "warmth of life" in them.

May 4, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #188 of 218
  Since my first post, I've put an additional 100 hours of burn-in time, which seems to ave done the trick. I listened this morning and I don't notice the hardness, and the mids and upper mids seem to now have the "warmth of life" in them.

Glad to hear! I never heard much hardness to them and I'm glad it went away for you. Anyone know of some over-ear headphones with a similar sound signature and quality as the RE-600s?

Also I'm preparing a comparison between the RE-600 and Dunu Titan 1. Both are just excellent IEMs, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about the Dunu DN-2000 and more high-end IEMs like Nobles and JH Audio. But with these two, I'm really quite content as far as IEMs go.

May 7, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #189 of 218
Glad to hear! I never heard much hardness to them and I'm glad it went away for you. Anyone know of some over-ear headphones with a similar sound signature and quality as the RE-600s?

Also I'm preparing a comparison between the RE-600 and Dunu Titan 1. Both are just excellent IEMs, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about the Dunu DN-2000 and more high-end IEMs like Nobles and JH Audio. But with these two, I'm really quite content as far as IEMs go.

I have the dunu 2k, along with the titan. simply enough, I enjoy them more with my phone (gsgs4 via noozy rewire pro). iems with clear sound match with a slight warm player that compliments the wide soundstage. they are splendid and the dn2k has a bit of a diminishing return. I can provide a comparison later.

edit: I'm actually enjoying the dn2k, which ends up getting most playtime.

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #190 of 218
I'll snap one quick, hard to pull these away from my desktop rig right now, the RE-600 sounds even better with my Modi 2 Uber/Asgard 2 setup, I think it's going to be tough deciding between my HE-400 and RE-600 for desktop listening now. The extra power really gave these some impressive bass impact.

Really keen to see the recabled picture as i am considering getting it done also. :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #193 of 218
I think he means to just plug in the RE-600 without the TRRS to TRS adapter cable and see if the DX50 plays back in normal stereo mode.  If it works great!

Perhaps there's confusion with TRRS balanced as configured on the RE-600 and TRRS used with earphones with microphones.  If that's the case, they are not configured the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back