Hifiman HM901, AK380 or Lotoo Paw Gold...Help me decide
Jun 8, 2017 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wantmyf1

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Everyone!

I'm looking for a new high end dap and have so far narrowed it down to the three listed in the thread title. Though I'm open to be convinced if there's another equal choice out there.

I tend to like more of an analytical sound over a warm signature. The dap doesn't have to have a whole list of options like wifi either. Far and away my main concern is sound quality!

The dap will be used mostly when I'm outside my house (I have 2 children under 3 at home so I don't have a lot of time to just listen). I will be using mostly earphones. Particularly the IE800, the AKG K3003i and Grado GR10.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions!

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 7
Easy LPG

Jun 9, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 7
LPG was one I was leaning toward. Thanks

How different is the Opus 2 from the Opus 1? I have the Opus 1.

It is quite a step up in build quality and sound quality. The sound is more resolving and neutral, it really is a TOTL dap in my opinion.

what is it about the #1 that you find lacknig and want an upgrade?

Jun 10, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #7 of 7
While I like the Opus 1 and is just a slight bit warm and just a touch muddled IMO. I'm looking for a real totl dap to buy and then leave it at that

Interesting you find it a little warm, how many other DAP's and sources have you heard and are comparing to?

The #2 is a definite upgrade. But to be honest, the Opus #1 is fantastic for the price so I think you should try it with some other headphones to see if you still think it is a bit warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back