HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
Mar 30, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #556 of 673
Nice pics phillyd. I really can't get over how beautiful the HE-300's color scheme is, silver on black is my favorite color pairing for gadgets. My laptop, monitor, amp, and dac are all silver and black and the HE-300 would blend in so well. But the HE-400 will have to do :)

Same for me. I really love silver / black combinations...

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #557 of 673
I got my Brainwavz HM5 pads today, and they really aren't big enough to fit the HiFiMan headphones. They do fit, very tightly, but they are stretched. The foam isn't dense enough, so they feel a bit odd. I'll see how they break in for now. I might just find the original Beyerdynamic leatherette pads. I know they fit, and I know they're good.

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #558 of 673

I have been wanting to swap out different ear pads for my HE500 and after seeing Musicinmymind's photo's, decided to try and do the same.  I didn't know you could attach the Audeze (microsuede) pads to the HE500 but it was very easy to do.  The pads are way more comfortable in my opinion from the stock pads. I also ordered an extra headband pad (cushion) from ebay which I hope to reduce the pressure on the top of my head.  

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #559 of 673

HE-400's....
Mango tree wood cups dark/cherry stain with Renaissance wax seal
Jerg grills
Direct terminated (SMA/SMC connection gone, SPC planar cable gone) balanced plusoundaudio cryo UP-OCC cables to XLR balanced and 3.5 to XLR plug
Powder-coated gimbals at local Harley Davidson facility
New/reworked headband with better cushioning after multiple versions trying to find right cushion balance
Beyer velour earpads/JergModulor earpads

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #561 of 673
@MunkyNutz : Very good mods for your He-400. Don't You got a powder matter with these Jerg grilles?!

Inviato da Teo iPhone 5 Tapatalk

The grills were white same as gimbals and both powder-coated, yes. Last minute change to black.

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #562 of 673

HE-400's....
Jerg grills
Direct terminated (SMA/SMC connection gone, SPC planar cable gone) balanced plusoundaudio cryo UP-OCC cables to XLR balanced and 3.5 to XLR plug
New/reworked headband with better cushioning after multiple versions trying to find right cushion balance

Wouldn't surprise me if Audeze would steal the look of this.
They look awesome, how's the sound? Much improved?

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #563 of 673
  Wouldn't surprise me if Audeze would steal the look of this.
They look awesome, how's the sound? Much improved?

I'd just say everything is purely for cosmetic purposes, barring the Jerg mods. It is amazing but just a tiny tweak in the headband cushion and no more head pain. In all that time they never added just a bit more quality sponge on the headband for the entire line up to the HE-6 based on the head pain complaints from many people using them for an extended period.

Audeze should make a suspension band pronto. It distributes the weight right across the head.
The look of Audeze is just 100% wow to me, but I've held off till now due to the weight. Was a great pair of 2.1's for sale last week.....

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #564 of 673

I have been wanting to swap out different ear pads for my HE500 and after seeing Musicinmymind's photo's, decided to try and do the same.  I didn't know you could attach the Audeze (microsuede) pads to the HE500 but it was very easy to do.  The pads are way more comfortable in my opinion from the stock pads. I also ordered an extra headband pad (cushion) from ebay which I hope to reduce the pressure on the top of my head.  

Ah, so the Audeze microsuade pads are now available in black?  Looks quite nice and super comfortable, it's a shame they're just a tad larger in circumference.

HE-400's....
Jerg grills

Excellent work on those headbands, love it with the woodie cups!

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #565 of 673

HE-400's....
Jerg grills

Monkey you sick person... WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG TO POST THAT

OMG, but GUYS :D my HE 4 is going to look like that muhahahahaha, I was hoping the White Beyer pads would look good with the Wood cups and they do! SO thanks Monkuy, I got Brian at BTG to install your wood cups for me, I've also got him to do an Earing mod on the HE 4, for the Auzde mini XLR plugs

also jealous of that brown stain you gave teh head band. Mines black so the headphone will be black, brown and white which isn't bad

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #566 of 673
  Monkey you sick person... WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG TO POST THAT

OMG, but GUYS :D my HE 4 is going to look like that muhahahahaha, I was hoping the White Beyer pads would look good with the Wood cups and they do! SO thanks Monkuy, I got Brian at BTG to install your wood cups for me, I've also got him to do an Earing mod on the HE 4, for the Auzde mini XLR plugs

also jealous of that brown stain you gave teh head band. Mines black so the headphone will be black, brown and white which isn't bad

They were dis-assembled for forever and a day as I needed various external/internal parts to mark wood batches. The headband leather/padding is new, not stained. Changed it from burgundy to tan at the last moment. Beyer pads are silver/gray, it's the light. After going round about 8 or so fabric retailers I just could not find a velour as plush and soft as Beyer's material. Their earpads are just so plush and the dust/lint rejection is great.

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #568 of 673
Apr 5, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #570 of 673
oh thanks, how much is it better than the stock pads?

They're softer both in material and the foam. I'd say they're a good upgrade. They also come in black.
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-EDT770VB-Headphone-Pads-Black/dp/B007VCKA64/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396685975&sr=8-2&keywords=beyerdynamic+pads+black

Users who are viewing this thread

Back