Hifiman HE500 vs LFF Paradox's, best price to preformance?
Nov 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #121 of 169
This is my neutral reference setup (or at least one of them as of current): http://www.head-fi.org/t/614011/sennheiser-hd700-review/45#post_8453335

• The HE500s have always sounded slightly dark or neutral depending upon the rest of the chain. Compared to my neutral reference, it has a hint of mid-bass warmth. The upper mids are slighty laid back. The HE500s are nice for this reason.
  • The Paradox sound closer to my reference setup. Very neutral with low bass extension, but I've always felt its got a little energy around the tape hiss or "definition" area of the spectrum. The Paradox are nice for this reason.
  • Voting on this issue is dumb without specifying an external reference.
  • I strongly doubt more than 25% the people who voted have heard both or have extensive experience with both...
  • This is disturbing.

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #122 of 169
Quote:
I strongly doubt more than 25% the people who voted have heard both or have extensive experience with both...
  • This is disturbing.

I'd have thought it was just human. Very Head-Fi human.
tongue.gif

What's with the Star Trek connection?

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #123 of 169
Quote:
This is my neutral reference setup (or at least one of them as of current): http://www.head-fi.org/t/614011/sennheiser-hd700-review/45#post_8453335

• The HE500s have always sounded slightly dark or neutral depending upon the rest of the chain. Compared to my neutral reference, it has a hint of mid-bass warmth. The upper mids are slighty laid back. The HE500s are nice for this reason.
  • The Paradox sound closer to my reference setup. Very neutral with low bass extension, but I've always felt its got a little energy around the tape hiss or "definition" area of the spectrum. The Paradox are nice for this reason.
  • I strongly doubt more than 25% the people who voted have heard both or have extensive experience with both...
  • This is disturbing.

The voting is put like this: "Hifiman HE500 vs LFF Paradox's, best price to preformance?"

I cannot speak of the other people, but for me Paradox is clearly going to be worse and I don't even need to hear them... They are not open and are not as neutral as Hifimans across the whole spectrum. I cannot see any problem about this as "best price to performance" can be both objective and subjective depending on how you are looking at it.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #126 of 169
Quote:

I actually know how hearing works...I know what and how information in sound is perceived. Not to mention people always forget just how their sensitivity range varies with frequencies. The mids, especially - looking at about 500 - 4000 Hz...our ears are far more sensitive then what those graphs are able to communicate. At this point I honestly think you just read up on some things and feel you are a guru. If you ask Tyll himself from Innerfidelity himself, I bet even he won't say what you said, despite him being an expert in this field. Why? cause he's not ignorant of all the other important things involved besides measurement.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #127 of 169
Quote:

• This is disturbing.

Thanks for getting us back on topic, I think I'll have to go with the Paradox, personally I love a clear, neutral headphone, bass extension would also be a nice add on, I'm more quality than quantity. How's the sound stage on both, crazy question since the HE500's are open, but I heard some crazier things about the Paradox. Also, which one sounds the most natural overall, and which has a better treble definition, it's something I've really missed after getting the T50rp's. 

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #128 of 169
Quote:

• This is disturbing.

I have - Oh wait....  I do..

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #129 of 169
I don't understand your Scandinavian talk, sorry. :p

I did my best to break up this Sound Science discussion. In which, I FAILED miserably.

Dont feel bad about it..some people have strong believes eventhough it maybe can be wrong by standards of many other. And in this case its a 99% who would agree with us. :D In this case its best to leave them be and just respect how they think..eventhough u wont agree.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #130 of 169
The voting is put like this: "Hifiman HE500 vs LFF Paradox's, best price to preformance?"

I cannot speak of the other people, but for me Paradox is clearly going to be worse and I don't even need to hear them... They are not open and are not as neutral as Hifimans across the whole spectrum. I cannot see any problem about this as "best price to performance" can be both objective and subjective depending on how you are looking at it.

Ur right abiut that..but i think many have heard a t50r modded ss there are so many..i did hear the maddox version..so i suppose it wont sound very different to this version..

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #132 of 169
Nov 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #134 of 169
Another thread derailed thanks a lot guys, thanks a lot. Do notice that their is a Sound Science thread section for all the subjective vs objective data, pour all your knowledge into their not here.

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #135 of 169
Quote:
Another thread derailed thanks a lot guys, thanks a lot. Do notice that their is a Sound Science thread section for all the subjective vs objective data, pour all your knowledge into their not here.

i dont understand this..why do those analylical people buy nice musical phones anyway..they prefer the graphs and analyse everything then the actual feeling that listening to a phone gives u......

oh well..for everything u have both sides...pity this is the 3rd thread that ended like this...
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back