Hifiman HE500 vs LFF Paradox's, best price to preformance?
Nov 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 169

headphonatic

500+ Head-Fier
I'll be using them indoors, I love a neutral signature, but what I'm really looking for is which of the two has better overall texture, speed and detail, and saving a couple hundred would be great, I already own a modded t50rp, but I want to move on, is the he500 really worth the 2 hundred extra? I have an amp with will drive both. Thanks

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 169
That's a tough call. I thinkt that the safe bet is with the he500. It's certainly tried and true. It's a beautiful hp for sure, but what amp are you using. You'll need a good one to get the best out of each of these. 

I have not heard the Paradox, but spoke at length to a friend who had nothing but high praise for it. You might also consider the Maddog for less money. I'm listening to it now and it's impressive at $299!!

gL!!

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 169
Quote:
That's a tough call. I thinkt that the safe bet is with the he500. It's certainly tried and true. It's a beautiful hp for sure, but what amp are you using. You'll need a good one to get the best out of each of these. 

I have not heard the Paradox, but spoke at length to a friend who had nothing but high praise for it. You might also consider the Maddog for less money. I'm listening to it now and it's impressive at $299!!

gL!!

Here's the game changer I guess, I have an O2 amplifier, I guess it's neutrality is a great match with the paradox, and I've only heard great things about it, some even saying it could out match the HD800, people say the base headphone is only 100 at most, but since when did price range ever dictate performance.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #5 of 169
I'm not sure if that is necessarily a "game changer".  I've heard good things about the O2/ODAC paired with the HE-500 as well.

You must be new here... wait you are :p.

You will always hear good things with just about every single pairing out there. Most of those opinions mean jack all to me though.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 169
Thanks for sharing.

The thing is, the OP asked for our opinions and was specifically referencing what he has heard/read about amps with the paradox(see: opinions on pairings)

So I fail to see how my registration date or the comment about you not caring about opinions or at least mine has any relevance in this thread.

Since this is a discussion forum specifically about opinions on audio I don't think my post was too out of place or unhelpful. Given that his worries were also founded on opinons that mean 'jackon all' to you

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 169
This is gonna be good...
popcorn.gif

Seriously, what Momiji is saying is - give your own opinion if you've heard that exact pairing.  If you've not, spreading others word for it means jack all because there are many variations to take into consideration.  Have you heard the pairing?  If not, why not just direct the dude to ASK someone who has?

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 169
He said he had heard good things with one pairing and stated that it was a possible game changer. So why didn't you all just discredit his posts posts since he is accepting opinions that aren't first-hand.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #11 of 169
Quote:
Just spreading the love
tongue.gif
Try not to post hearsay. It happens so much on this forum and audio is incredibly subjective.

Saddening, really. One person does a passionate review favouring a product, and the hearsay spreads like a storm across people who have not auditioned or owned the products in question. Head-Fi or at least 'full-sized headphones' subforum seems to be built around the notion of influencing and convincing people and de-emphasizing the importance of how everyone hears things differently, and prioritizes aspects of sound quality differently.

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #12 of 169
Quote:
This is gonna be good...
popcorn.gif

Seriously, what Momiji is saying is - give your own opinion if you've heard that exact pairing.  If you've not, spreading others word for it means jack all because there are many variations to take into consideration.  Have you heard the pairing?  If not, why not just direct the dude to ASK someone who has?

Been there done that, they just told me the neutrality of the paradox and O2 go together well, makes a nice detailed monitoring can. Also, I've only heard, can't really try it for myself, an audio store in Miami, priceless. If anyone knows of one, please tell me, but back on subject, I trust the general opinion of Head-fi, more or less, I mean what else can I do, I've heard wonder about both cans.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #14 of 169
Quote:
The t50rp mods will not touch HiFi headphones on this.

How many Fostex mods have you heard?  I think I'm probably up near about 15 different variations at this point in time.  Speed and detail are in the latest concoction that I just had on my ears a short bit ago.  I, too, thought this may not have been possible to achieve.  However, it has.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #15 of 169
Quote:

How many Fostex mods have you heard?  I think I'm probably up near about 15 different variations at this point in time.  Speed and detail are in the latest concoction that I just had on my ears a short bit ago.  I, too, thought this may not have been possible to achieve.  However, it has.

Gotta agree with wje on this one. There is some magic in the t50rp!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back