Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 14, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #11,506 of 14,707
The HA-3A does perfectly fine in powering the Stealth v2. Even more so than the og v2 since it's more sensitive.

On the og v2 I rarely go past 12 o'clock.
On the Stealth v2, I rarely go past 10 o'clock.
(This is through the 4.4mm that attenuates noise)
(On the FiiO m17, line out volume is at 80/120)

The only problem with the HA-3A in my experience is driving super sensitive dynamics or IEMs. On my Meze 109 Pro, the tube noise is more noticeable - even through the 4.4mm.
Have you tried RU6 with V2 Stealth? Trying to gauge how efficient it is.

Feb 14, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #11,507 of 14,707
Have you tried RU6 with V2 Stealth? Trying to gauge how efficient it is.
Trying right now connected to my iPhone. Below is what I consider slightly louder than comfortable listening volume.

High Gain: 38/100
Low Gain: 48/100

Not bad!
Forgot to mention this is through the 4.4mm.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #11,509 of 14,707
Anyone know which should be best upgrade from arya stealth he1000se or he1000v2stealth? I like arya stealth very much and now looking for upgrade thanks
Consensus seems to be that the v2 Stealth is exactly what you describe.

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #11,510 of 14,707
Feb 15, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #11,511 of 14,707
Mine is currently in the warm up 😁

20230215_100723.jpg

Feb 16, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #11,513 of 14,707
I have never been so disappointed in my entire time in this hobby as I am today. I finally got my V2 in and was so excited and the first 30 seconds were pure joy.

Then the left channel just died. I tried the same cable on my Aryas and they work perfect. My dealer will make it right but I was so excited for a long weekend of listening

Feb 16, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #11,514 of 14,707
Damn. Thats tough.

Feb 16, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #11,515 of 14,707
so every once in a while ill have a driver get stuck to magnets on planars, if you turn it up loud sometimes it comes back. might be worth a try. crank it and see what happens

Feb 16, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #11,516 of 14,707
so every once in a while ill have a driver get stuck to magnets on planars, if you turn it up loud sometimes it comes back. might be worth a try. crank it and see what happens
Thanks for the suggestion, volume adjustment did nothing except cut it out again after briefly working. I’ve tried multiple cables, switched cables and it was back for a little bit and cut out as soon as I turned volume up. I wouldn’t keep a set of headphones that needed me to crank the volume every so often to get them to work. I’ve listened to planars since I bought my HE-500s (still own) and have never had a problem.

This just really sucks.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #11,517 of 14,707
Driver with stuck membrane still produces some sound, it just doesn't sound its best.

Feb 16, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #11,518 of 14,707
I have never been so disappointed in my entire time in this hobby as I am today. I finally got my V2 in and was so excited and the first 30 seconds were pure joy.

Then the left channel just died. I tried the same cable on my Aryas and they work perfect. My dealer will make it right but I was so excited for a long weekend of listening

Ahh... the pain .. the agony.

I can understand your situation buddy as I also had a driver die out on me a few days back. Was head banging on a lil loud volume when suddenly the right side died on me.
Posted about the incident here in forum as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, volume adjustment did nothing except cut it out again after briefly working. I’ve tried multiple cables, switched cables and it was back for a little bit and cut out as soon as I turned volume up. I wouldn’t keep a set of headphones that needed me to crank the volume every so often to get them to work. I’ve listened to planars since I bought my HE-500s (still own) and have never had a problem.

This just really sucks.

Same trial and error in my case as well. Changed cables and sources and nothing worked. Then a day later, the right side did come back to life like a zombie, sounded fine until I raised the volume past mid on Soloist (medium gain about at 80) when the right side again died. This same thing happened a time more and then the right driver finally went total silent.

Dropped in a mail to Hifiman Support and fortunately after a few mail exchanges, my replacement unit was dispatched and I had it in a decent time frame.

Kudos to the Hifiman for customer support but then again I wouldnt want to contact a manufacturer for an equipment failure within a few months of ownership in the first place and that is after paying more than Two Grands for it!

Hard to put Hifiman in what ball park - Good company with headphones that sound great and with nice customer support or a debatable untrustworthy company for bad Quality control especially at the top tier level.

HE1000V2 is a fantastic headphone, for it had me back in smiles listening to the replacement unit but a mere thought -'is it safe to crank up the volume past this point or please dont die out on me this time or what will happen after 3 years when the warranty runs out', ironically spoils the pleasure by a bit and makes me concerned.

*hits next track and crosses finger - V2 death not today* :L3000:

Feb 17, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #11,519 of 14,707
Ahh... the pain .. the agony.

I can understand your situation buddy as I also had a driver die out on me a few days back. Was head banging on a lil loud volume when suddenly the right side died on me.
Posted about the incident here in forum as well.

Same trial and error in my case as well. Changed cables and sources and nothing worked. Then a day later, the right side did come back to life like a zombie, sounded fine until I raised the volume past mid on Soloist (medium gain about at 80) when the right side again died. This same thing happened a time more and then the right driver finally went total silent.

Dropped in a mail to Hifiman Support and fortunately after a few mail exchanges, my replacement unit was dispatched and I had it in a decent time frame.

Kudos to the Hifiman for customer support but then again I wouldnt want to contact a manufacturer for an equipment failure within a few months of ownership in the first place and that is after paying more than Two Grands for it!

Hard to put Hifiman in what ball park - Good company with headphones that sound great and with nice customer support or a debatable untrustworthy company for bad Quality control especially at the top tier level.

HE1000V2 is a fantastic headphone, for it had me back in smiles listening to the replacement unit but a mere thought -'is it safe to crank up the volume past this point or please dont die out on me this time or what will happen after 3 years when the warranty runs out', ironically spoils the pleasure by a bit and makes me concerned.

*hits next track and crosses finger - V2 death not today* :L3000:
Every manufacturer has blips, Hifiman has good support and the vast majority have no problems. My HE-500 are 11 years old and are perfect. I’m super bummed but I’m sure I’ll be made whole. I love the Hifiman sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back