Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 17, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #11,521 of 14,719
Full impressions later ( someone wrote they are similar ..who says they are similar has some earing loss, or something gone wrong with his sensitivity in discerning differences in sounds , or how to tell them - they really have a different presentation - not slight thing here .. )

Feb 17, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #11,522 of 14,719
Looking forward to your impressions of the SE vs Stealth and how they differ from PFS's comparison.

Feb 17, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #11,523 of 14,719
I can tell you already that one understands soon after wearing them why he1000se are reffered as close to Susvara for sound signature ( Susvara coming next month for comparison ) : they have a classic sound signature and -for overall frq plot balance , barring any frq graph reference ( similar to Susvara ) , they are tonally very even in their transparency - obviously one has to account that very detailed in cans often , if not always , means exposing a sort of brightness to some degree..
what it means is that -accounting brightness ..- it's hard to say something is colored or tuned in the way that it is upfront or behind ( i.t. voices or guitars or bass and drums or archs in orchestra etc )

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #11,524 of 14,719
also a very fast difference to easy notice between the two is that everything is closer and more thick or expanded in he1000v2stealth , and the result adds to the fact that they are somewhat more emotional ;
not that I found he1000v2stealth the most emotional headphones I have heard .. just compared to he1000se which have a more "referenced" and measured distance ( or classic as I said before ) from the sound scene , they easily result more intimate ( on almost any genre that I 've listened in the last hours ..so that it could be said as an overall character , a more proximal behavior )

another thing is that he1000se are way faster in attach ; again , not that he1000v2stealth are slow , they are by no means slow and I was impressed by their "right in the middle" speed , or in fact they are nicely and slightly tilted towards attack of sound and notes
just the he1000se are faster and feel way faster then them when switched from them

sure there are things that the he1000v2stealth do better then the he1000se , this other then impressing -positively- for their more proximal and more intimate behavoir .

more to come .

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #11,525 of 14,719
Very nice, PFS did mention that the SE sounded close to the Susvara and even preferred the SE over the Susvara.

Feb 17, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #11,528 of 14,719
another thing that is already a given , you can't put easily a silver cable on the he1000se ( unless an over-warm system behind them , which I do not have ) and be easy happy of the results; I have 2 balanced silver cables and none of them makethe he1000se a better headphone, the trade off in added brightness is high .

I can put a silver cable on the he1000v2stealth , it slightly changes character and the bightness is bearable - not disturbing ;
not sure if it is the best choice for them too , copper seems quite clearly the better choice for them too at moment ; silver is not bad and adds / improve some of their character ( as copper do as well..)

I expect of course someone saying he uses silver with no major problems for he1000se coupled with a warm system behind , besides me never being a tube guy i hardly understand how more brightness or even more details for high frqs would benefit here .

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #11,531 of 14,719
Full impressions later ( someone wrote they are similar ..who says they are similar has some earing loss, or something gone wrong with his sensitivity in discerning differences in sounds , or how to tell them - they really have a different presentation - not slight thing here .. )
Can it be that the first few V2 Stealth units may had HE1000SE drivers and recent units are changed to Arya drivers because they faced a backlash from HekSE owners, AFAIK Hifiman do silent revisions from time to time, all speculations though from my end.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #11,532 of 14,719
Can it be that the first few V2 Stealth units may had HE1000SE drivers to created a positive vibe and recent units are changed to Arya drivers or maybe had a backlash from HekSE owners, AFAIK Hifiman do silent revisions from time to time, all speculations though from my end.
Really?

Feb 17, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #11,534 of 14,719
Can it be that the first few V2 Stealth units may had HE1000SE drivers to created a positive vibe and recent units are changed to Arya drivers or maybe had a backlash from HekSE owners, AFAIK Hifiman do silent revisions from time to time, all speculations though from my end.

@borkenarrou As far as my senses and reason gather and tell at moment, both headphones are priced and segmented reasonably ( against the 90% of users opinion here likely ) , and to market , against competition and for niche headphones and music audio enthusiasts ( that are becoming more and more through last years ) ; HifiMan has done a great work and tune with he1000v2stealth ( i love their presentation and still waiting the full burn in for them ) , I am not sure this is done just "swapping drivers" .., but who knows ; while nearly identical the1000se are a different thing for their sound , born in a different time and for a slightly different user and use and user experience . I am not sure if I like more them or their cousins . they are more then "slightly different" , this is a sure thing .
The tune of the he1000se is more even and reference/ referenced and I already see how they hold the last appeal for many deciding to have the reference headphones; the he1000v2 stealth tend to impact and impress more with closer more expanded sounds , the impact of the he1000v2stealth sound presentation is easier to hear , they are more forward and feel slightly more colored ; these of mine are surface opinions, first impressions , and I am not able to detail much more then this at moment , last words are due much later then today

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back