Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 27, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #14,551 of 14,627
How's this for 3 dimensional sound, you can actually hear them moving towards and away from you.

Don't ask me what they're singing about though... :)

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #14,552 of 14,627
wow that's got a pretty cool depth effect for me.

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #14,553 of 14,627
How's this for 3 dimensional sound, you can actually hear them moving towards and away from you.

Don't ask me what they're singing about though... :)

Haha - different....
I've been able to "Snoogle translate" and its actually quite profound when translated via Uzbekistani into Icelandic through a Swahilli dialect....verbatim............

"I wear a pink cloth on my head to portray,
The lack of male help that I get in a day.
I enjoy bright hi-vis tops in the dark,
To show to to the world that I don't give a faark.
I'm dressed up like this, all smiley and free,
To show all you f#%kers my right to be "me"
I've dyed me hair green and don a beret,
Coz my husband's a c*#t, so I left the old "C"......

Together we jive, and we sing about s&*t,
While the world that surrounds us slowly descends the great pit.
This language we chant is gibberish at best,
To confuse you dumb hicks and the rubes from the west.
You fall for our spell, as enchanting by far,
Coz the clothes that we wear won't define who we are.

We leave you with this, as we poke fun at you,
4 acapella women, tryin t'be true....
You can eat merry-weather or dine at the Why,
But you'll never be chewing on our cottage pie!!"

Wow - that's bizarre........

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #14,554 of 14,627
Haha - different....
I've been able to "Snoogle translate" and its actually quite profound when translated via Uzbekistani into Icelandic through a Swahilli dialect....verbatim............

"I wear a pink cloth on my head to portray,
The lack of male help that I get in a day.
I enjoy bright hi-vis tops in the dark,
To show to to the world that I don't give a faark.
I'm dressed up like this, all smiley and free,
To show all you f#%kers my right to be "me"
I've dyed me hair green and don a beret,
Coz my husband's a c*#t, so I left the old "C"......

Together we jive, and we sing about s&*t,
While the world that surrounds us slowly descends the great pit.
This language we chant is gibberish at best,
To confuse you dumb hicks and the rubes from the west.
You fall for our spell, as enchanting by far,
Coz the clothes that we wear won't define who we are.

We leave you with this, as we poke fun at you,
4 acapella women, tryin t'be true....
You can eat merry-weather or dine at the Why,
But you'll never be chewing on our cottage pie!!"

Wow - that's bizarre........
Thank you! It'll never be the same again. :)

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #14,555 of 14,627
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #14,556 of 14,627
If you dont already own them, $1259 brand new is a STEAL
image_2024-03-28_164136378.png

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #14,560 of 14,627
I'm not sure about that now that I think. They just recently released the Stealth.
But hey, who knows? The Susvara is long in the tooth too...

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #14,561 of 14,627
So I've been out of the headphone game a while but was considering getting back in with an audeze lcd-x, owned one before and thought it was great (with eq of course).

Have just noticed the he1000 stealth is now selling for a similar price when different he1000 versions were almost double the price beforehand, anyone got experience with both to suggest what I should go for this time? Will be using eq regardless and while I do listen to jazz/classical the main genres will be rock/metal/edm

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #14,562 of 14,627
So I've been out of the headphone game a while but was considering getting back in with an audeze lcd-x, owned one before and thought it was great (with eq of course).

Have just noticed the he1000 stealth is now selling for a similar price when different he1000 versions were almost double the price beforehand, anyone got experience with both to suggest what I should go for this time? Will be using eq regardless and while I do listen to jazz/classical the main genres will be rock/metal/edm
Cant go wrong with HeK Stealth imo. If you main'd rap/edm maybe a better case for the LCD-X.
Fact is they are both amazing cans and you could probably flip a coin and be happy lol.

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #14,563 of 14,627
Cant go wrong with HeK Stealth imo. If you main'd rap/edm maybe a better case for the LCD-X.
Fact is they are both amazing cans and you could probably flip a coin and be happy lol.
Yeah it sounds like there's little to choose between them just found it interesting that a year ago the hek series were normally viewed as the superior option (being twice the price at the time), but now they're pretty much identical in price it seems like a toss up.

Had previously owned the arya stealth as well and had a preference for the lcd x overall but there was defo stuff the arya did better

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #14,564 of 14,627
Do we have any theories as to why Hifiman dropped the price of the HEKS and HEKSE so much? It seems extraordinary that they should reduce the prices on relatively new and very popular headphones for no apparent reason. I did wonder if there is a HEKS V3 on the horizon but it seems unlikely with the HEKS being so new.

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #14,565 of 14,627
Yeah it sounds like there's little to choose between them just found it interesting that a year ago the hek series were normally viewed as the superior option (being twice the price at the time), but now they're pretty much identical in price it seems like a toss up.

Had previously owned the arya stealth as well and had a preference for the lcd x overall but there was defo stuff the arya did better
Well imo you just touched on why HeK is the winner to me when they cost almost the same.
HeK are $3,000 headphones in my mind, they are just priced to actually sell in this new market.
They sound so great to me, I have no complaints. I prefer a linear sound so the fact that it has awesome treble, very good midrange and great bass extension with no bloat.
To my ears the LCD-X is a bit more v-shaped. While it's bass has very good extension it is a bit less controlled (but is more prominent) than HeK Stealth.
And I have to give the edge to Stealth in the mids and highs.

Your mileage may vary, but , I think most everyone would say the HeK are a bit more of a high end headphone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back