Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 22, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #14,521 of 14,673
Not yet but I am as interested as you are.
My thought on it is the SS Tungsten should compliment the HeK Stealth quite nicely.
Ok thanks.

I'm actually so content with the Stealth driven by my Audio GD Master 19 that I told myself that The only way I'm going to move away from this system is if I go and spend serious bucks on an electrostatic setup. Hopefully the depth of pocket required for that will deter me from making that move at all.

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #14,522 of 14,673
Ok thanks.

I'm actually so content with the Stealth driven by my Audio GD Master 19 that I told myself that The only way I'm going to move away from this system is if I go and spend serious bucks on an electrostatic setup. Hopefully the depth of pocket required for that will deter me from making that move at all.
Good for you, Man! Sometimes you gotta tell the ole Right Brain to chill the fk out lolol

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #14,523 of 14,673
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #14,524 of 14,673
True dat! True dat!
One of the big reasons I decided to get the He1000 were bc I had to do just that and tell my brain to stop feigning for Meze Elites-
I did remember you from that thread last Spring or something saying how much you loved them.
Then to my surprise you had sold them and we're calling the He1000 Stealth 'the best value in audio' or something like that.

So, yeah, you kinda sold me, Devilboy. Not everybody would be willing to drop a price tier like that and it says a lot tbh.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #14,525 of 14,673
One of the big reasons I decided to get the He1000 were bc I had to do just that and tell my brain to stop feigning for Meze Elites-
I did remember you from that thread last Spring or something saying how much you loved them.
Then to my surprise you had sold them and we're calling the He1000 Stealth 'the best value in audio' or something like that.

So, yeah, you kinda sold me, Devilboy. Not everybody would be willing to drop a price tier like that and it says a lot tbh.
Lol. You don't have to worry. Having owned the Meze Elites, I would still take the Stealth over them in a second.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #14,526 of 14,673
The only way I'm going to move away from this system is if I go and spend serious bucks on an electrostatic setup.
Had the 009 and 007mk2 w/Mjolnir KGSShv and Mjolnir KGST, as well as HeadAmps BHSE--yes all these combos were nice sounding, for sure.
Got bored with Stax and purchased the HEKv2 and Utopia and never looked back. Nest move I made--believe me you're missing nothing but money from your pocket--especially for a limited selection of electrostatic headphone options.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #14,527 of 14,673
Yeah I feel like the HeK's treble is close to 009 level anyway and the bass is better. But maybe my ears are weird, idk.

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #14,529 of 14,673
Had the 009 and 007mk2 w/Mjolnir KGSShv and Mjolnir KGST, as well as HeadAmps BHSE--yes all these combos were nice sounding, for sure.
Got bored with Stax and purchased the HEKv2 and Utopia and never looked back. Nest move I made--believe me you're missing nothing but money from your pocket--especially for a limited selection of electrostatic headphone options.
Wow. That's saying something.

I heard two systems with Stax SR-X 9000 that I would take over my Stealths... The Stax were driven by a $27,000 Viva amp and a $29,000 Metaxas and Sins amp.

Unless some of the other "cheaper" amps can do just as well, I'll probably stick with the Stealth.

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #14,530 of 14,673
Also waiting for someone to actually compare the new zmf pads vs stock.
Zack’s video only compared on the XS

I'm looking for opinions on the new ZMF pads with the Stealth and it seems no one has stepped up to give theirs. Did you buy yours? Can you explain a bit what the changes are?

By the way also, I have a cayin ha-3a on target as a good combination with the Stealth's and will say something here when I get home. Thanks in advance.

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #14,531 of 14,673
I'm looking for an amp recommendation. I currently have a Topping L70 and I think it sounds great, but I've got fomo cuz everyone craps on Topping and says they trash. So I'm trying to find something better to run the Hek stealth, my Argon Mk3's, and it has to play IEM's clean with no hiss. Desktop setup. I've been thinking about the Aune S17 pro but I'm open to other suggestions. Preferably under $1000 new or used. May possibly go over that if there's a great deal to be had though.

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #14,532 of 14,673
I'm looking for an amp recommendation. I currently have a Topping L70 and I think it sounds great, but I've got fomo cuz everyone craps on Topping and says they trash. So I'm trying to find something better to run the Hek stealth, my Argon Mk3's, and it has to play IEM's clean with no hiss. Desktop setup. I've been thinking about the Aune S17 pro but I'm open to other suggestions. Preferably under $1000 new or used. May possibly go over that if there's a great deal to be had though.
If it didn't have to do IEMs also, I would recommend the Headamp GSX Mini without hesitation. I have no experience with it with IEMs, unfortunately.

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #14,533 of 14,673
Perhaps a used Audio GD Master 19???
I got mine for $650 and it's the best amp I've had for the Stealth.

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #14,534 of 14,673
Perhaps a used Audio GD Master 19???
I got mine for $650 and it's the best amp I've had for the Stealth.
that's a STEAL man

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back