Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jun 4, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #9,980 of 14,627
The HEK V2 sounds like crap driven from an iPhone. It's way under powered to get them to sound good. I'm not sure if the HEK's would sound good out of any phone, in my opinion. Sure you can use a phone to get them play sound but it probably won't be near it's best potential.

Jun 4, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #9,981 of 14,627
ive got a he1kv2 coming in and will post impressions compared to v1 and hd800s, hoping it will give me impact closer to the hd800s and bridge the gap so I can just be happy with 1 hp

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 7, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #9,983 of 14,627
I just noticed that the HEKv2 headphones are listed on Adorama's site as a "Closeout."

At the end of March 2018, I posted the same observation (about the Adorama HEXv2 "Closeout") on the HEXv2 thread, and theorized that Hifiman would release an updated HEX soon after that. In May, the Ananda was introduced. Not a replacement for the HEXv2 (so far), but a cheaper model with the same specs at the HEXv2.

Based on Adorama's "Closeout" designation for the HEKv2, I predict that Hifiman will introduce an updated version of the HEKv2 in the future. Not sure when -- the Ananda took a few months to appear.

Wondering where this will lead. Possibly a cheaper model? Or a real upgrade?

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #9,984 of 14,627
I just noticed that the HEKv2 headphones are listed on Adorama's site as a "Closeout."

At the end of March 2018, I posted the same observation (about the Adorama HEXv2 "Closeout") on the HEXv2 thread, and theorized that Hifiman would release an updated HEX soon after that. In May, the Ananda was introduced. Not a replacement for the HEXv2 (so far), but a cheaper model with the same specs at the HEXv2.

Based on Adorama's "Closeout" designation for the HEKv2, I predict that Hifiman will introduce an updated version of the HEKv2 in the future. Not sure when -- the Ananda took a few months to appear.

You may be on to something.

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #9,985 of 14,627

I don't really understand what Hifiman was going for in releasing the Ananda. They put a Sundara headband on a HEX and called it a new model at a lower price since they didn't have to spend money on R&D. I would've understood had they kept the HEX at the original $1500+ price point so there's a step up to the next model. But then they dropped the price of the HEX to $1,200 which includes a DAP that retails for $200. essentially making the HEX and Ananda the same price?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #9,987 of 14,627
Just got my he1000v2. Could anyone recommend me some aftermarket cables?

What's your price range for cables? Practical, affordable, audiophile-level, extreme-audiophile-level, or cost-no-object?

Jun 9, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #9,989 of 14,627
$500 could get you a little or a lot, depending. What amp are you using and how long do you want the cable to be?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back