Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Aug 1, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #9,467 of 14,676
Anyone tried nordost heimdall 2 with he1000v2? Compared to Stock cable?

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #9,468 of 14,676

No Shangri-La thread, donno where to post this:
new electrostatic headphone, man they are fast...
What amplifier is that one??

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Aug 1, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #9,469 of 14,676

No Shangri-La thread, donno where to post this:
new electrostatic headphone, man they are fast...
Maybe you could start a thread for it...??

I would wonder how many owners there will end up being. $50,000.00 seems a bit pricey for a set of headphones. Even in the land of Head-Fi. Even more of a question for me is, how many will ever be produced.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #9,471 of 14,676
Up, so largest size yes. This way you can access the screws on the underside of the adjustment blocks better.
Here's a brief written guide for those hesitant to try replacing the headband.

1) push both headband adjustment blocks to the max setting; locate the two philips screw heads at the bottoms of each of the 2 adjustment blocks.

2) use an appropriate sized mini philips screwdriver (if you buy a mini screwdriver kit, one of them is gotta work), and unscrew all the (4 total, 2 per side) screws from both adjustment blocks.

3) carefully but firmly pull apart each adjustment block into separate pieces, basically the screws hold the pieces together. The pieces (upper main piece, a washer piece, and a lower piece)

4) You will notice how the leather headband's steel-clad ends "wedge" into the adjustment blocks. Just pull those out and the headband is out!

5) wedge the new headband strap in via the same way; push the adjustment block pieces together, and re-screw to secure.

If anyone is nice enough to do the replacement and take some pics to coincide with my explanation above, that'd be nice. All in all though, it's really easy, no tough angles or risk of damaging anything.

I am new to the site, but did this a replacement a few days ago, took pics, will post soon if anyone is interested

Aug 6, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #9,472 of 14,676
Someone said it would be 8,000 USD for the set, not sure where did the source come from, seems reasonable for a small Shangri-La
I would rather say a ridiculous RIP OFF price!
First they launch a the Shangri La at a price only complete idiots would consider paying for a pair of headphones and now THIS, probably hoping more fools will bite this time around.
What a joke!

Aug 6, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #9,473 of 14,676
I would rather say a ridiculous RIP OFF price!
First they launch a the Shangri La at a price only complete idiots would consider paying for a pair of headphones and now THIS, probably hoping more fools will bite this time around.
What a joke!

I don't think that Hifiman and their management are idiots. Quite to the contrary. The latest Headphones and Amps are made of "Unobtainium". They are doing their job drawing attention to their company and their flagship products and the included technology. Look at the coverage on the boards, People are bashing the manufacturers that are releasing these high priced products. However, people are talking and raising brand awareness. I'm sure that there will be "trickle down" improvements and a line of more affordable products using the same technology. There just isn't a mass market for $50,000 dollar "Shangri La's" and $8000 dollar Susvara's. There never was a mass market strategy with these products. There is a fairly strong market at the lower price points which is where they will make their money. Could, I afford these products, sure, but would I spend this kind of money on a hobby? No way, I just don't have the ego deficiencies that would need to be stroked with a purchase of these products. Sure I get annoyed at this latest round of nonsense pricing but it's their company and their decision.

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #9,474 of 14,676
Not really happy with the build quality of my pair of HE1000. One of the two little screws that hold the ear cup fell off. As a result, my entire left ear cup fell off because the other screw cannot hold the weight. Now I have to send my pair to repair 2 screws... Hifiman please...

Aug 13, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #9,477 of 14,676
A few weeks ago, the 2 screw on my HE1000 broked and my left ear cup fell off from the headband. Thank you Hifiman for fixing my HE1000v1. Since they stopped producing the V1 frame, they help me installed the entire V2 frame and leather piece while maintaining my HE1000v1 ear cup and driver. The thickness of the cup is still the same as V1s. So it is not an upgrade to the V2. But the metal frame is significantly lighter than my original V1 frame. They also changed my old earpad to the V2. Really appreciate the service, thank you.

With almost the weight of the V2 (slightly heavier than the V2 but noticeable lighter than the V1). At the same time maintaining the sound signature of the V1. My HE1000 became a Hybrid?! Something in between the V1 and V2

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #9,478 of 14,676
A few weeks ago, the 2 screw on my HE1000 broked and my left ear cup fell off from the headband. Thank you Hifiman for fixing my HE1000v1. Since they stopped producing the V1 frame, they help me installed the entire V2 frame and leather piece while maintaining my HE1000v1 ear cup and driver. The thickness of the cup is still the same as V1s. So it is not an upgrade to the V2. But the metal frame is significantly lighter than my original V1 frame. They also changed my old earpad to the V2. Really appreciate the service, thank you.

With almost the weight of the V2 (slightly heavier than the V2 but noticeable lighter than the V1). At the same time maintaining the sound signature of the V1. My HE1000 became a Hybrid?! Something in between the V1 and V2
How much did you pay for it?

Aug 13, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #9,479 of 14,676
Aug 13, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #9,480 of 14,676

That's great news for you as the newer model band also has a silicone type insert between the metal parts that swivel,.
So you get smoother motion and no metal creak/squeek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back