HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Dec 1, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #1,561 of 21,868

Quote:
I have problems with at least 3 cable companies that do recable for HE5/HE6.  This is the third company.   The first two were the recable for HE5 and I have
fixed the problem at the solder point and I have used them perfectly after the new solder.   This third company used a bigger connector, however the same
problem  happened so I need to change both connectors (left and right) and am still waiting for the cable to be sent back.

Hello kiertijal,

Did you ever get your Warren X-10 working for your HE6, if so how was the sound?

ss

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #1,564 of 21,868

Quote:
I have problems with at least 3 cable companies that do recable for HE5/HE6.  This is the third company.   The first two were the recable for HE5 and I have
fixed the problem at the solder point and I have used them perfectly after the new solder.   This third company used a bigger connector, however the same
problem  happened so I need to change both connectors (left and right) and am still waiting for the cable to be sent back.

Is one of those companies the eBay guy from the UK?  I'm thinking of buying an XLR to speaker bananas/spades adaptor for my HE-5LE (and perhaps future HE-6).

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #1,566 of 21,868

I'm waiting on my NFB-10ES to be ready any day now. Will post back with impressions! :)

Quote:
Quote:

I'm considering upgrading to the NFB-10 and HE-6, I'd love to see someone's impressions of this combo. I would imagine "4W at 100ohm" should be adequate to drive the HE-6.

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #1,567 of 21,868
Dear ss,
    That cable from Warrenaudio is the one that is having the problem.  However Rick is very good for aftersale service.
When I informed him the result he proposed to correct all those, however I still think it is more economical to have the
cable fixed in Thailand as there is a guy who is an expert in hiend headphone repair as he did a wonderful job for
me for the other two cables that had the same problem, so it is now at his place to change both connectors into those
provided with the HE6. He just has time to check the cable, explore the left side and found the problem at the solder point
but I left the cable for him to check both sides and change the connectors.  However he will leave for his vacation to Tibet
so it may take another 2 weeks for me to have a chance to listen through the Warren cable.
 The Warren cable is quite thick so they have to use bigger connectors but  problem can still arise.
So please provide me your experience when you have that cable.  What I have now  is the Twag cable and I think another
guy in Thailand have the recable with Zeus cable and I will hear from him soon.

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #1,568 of 21,868
Dear Zoide,
   No it's not that UK company.   I also tried to find that UK company but couldn't so I have asked Rick to make
that cable at a great price for me and now it's on its way to Thailand.
   No I don't think that adapter cable will have the problem because the problem is the cable connector to the headphone.
Please make the recable change by rotating at the metal part because that is the rotating part to screw in the cable
don't rotate at the plastic or rubber part because it will recoil and fall out of place and when you have to rotate more than
a few times it may damage the cable at the solder point

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #1,569 of 21,868
Received my HE-6 yesterday.
Ordered on 26th November. 5 days DHL delivery from Hong Kong with no vat or customs to pay. Very happy and impressed.
biggrin.gif

The missus loves the look of them (does not like the LCD-2 think they look old fashioned!) and I must admit they look good next to my all black setup.

I find the fit a bit fiddly as the cups are slightly to small but not a problem. The weight, like the LCD's, is not a problem either.

Have not had the chance to try them with my Woo6se yet but the Roc in balanced mode drive them easily at between 12.30 - 2 on the dial depending on the recording level.
A CD that is mastered fairly quietly that I normally listen to at 12:00 on the LCD's (most recordings are listened to at 10 -11) I need to up the volume to just short of 2:00.
Absolutely no signs that the Roc is struggling or lacking headroom.
If you listen to quietly mastered recordings and like it loud then you might have a problem. I listen to Rock/Metal at moderate levels, not excessively loud but not quiet either, and I like to rock out.
I also do not hear any center soundstage issues so far but have had limited listening time so far.
Liking so far. Will update after more listening.

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #1,570 of 21,868

Quote:
Ordered on 26th November. 5 days DHL delivery from Hong Kong with no vat or customs to pay. Very happy and impressed.
biggrin.gif

I ordered on the 26th (6 days ago) and have not even received a shipping notice yet.  I called 2 days ago and talked to Mrs. T., she said I should get shipping notice soon, but so far nothing.  Starting to get worried.

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #1,571 of 21,868

Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I ordered on the 26th (6 days ago) and have not even received a shipping notice yet.  I called 2 days ago and talked to Mrs. T., she said I should get shipping notice soon, but so far nothing.  Starting to get worried.

Did you send them your phone number. A missing number could delay shipping.
I sent my number to Mrs T with an order confirmation as soon as I had paid.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #1,572 of 21,868

Yep, did that.  Waiting to hear from her today.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #1,573 of 21,868

Quote:

Yep, did that.  Waiting to hear from her today.

Same thing happened to me, I finally sent messages to shipping 1,2,3,4 and head.direct@gmail.com. My HE6 sipped that day.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #1,574 of 21,868

Quote:

I ordered on Nov. 16th, received on Nov. 22nd. When I received the email asking for a phone #, I replied to it. Found out later that I should have emailed my phone # to Ms. T. But anyway, I never received a shipping notice. I called Ms. T. on Nov. 22nd and emailed her my phone # as well that same day. But when I got home that same day, my HE6 was waiting for me. And I actually received the shipping notice the day after I have already received it.

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #1,575 of 21,868

Quote:
Quote:

I ordered on Nov. 16th, received on Nov. 22nd. When I received the email asking for a phone #, I replied to it. Found out later that I should have emailed my phone # to Ms. T. But anyway, I never received a shipping notice. I called Ms. T. on Nov. 22nd and emailed her my phone # as well that same day. But when I got home that same day, my HE6 was waiting for me. And I actually received the shipping notice the day after I have already received it.

Well, I am hoping that will happen to me!  Maybe it will show up today or tomorrow.  Just to be safe though, I will keep contacting them.  

SS - how did you send messages to shipping?  not sure who to contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back