= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jan 7, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #20,507 of 21,179
I put on my 560’s yesterday and the right side is suddenly not working. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?
Try swapping the cable connections at the headphone to see if the problem changes ear. If it does, then the problem is not your headphones. If it does...sorry

Jan 8, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #20,509 of 21,179
Pad rolling for HE-560 V3:

Tried Dekoni Elite Sheepskin first. Still annoyed by a treble peak

Was a bit hard to fit, but eventually got a pair of ZMF Auteur Suede pads with new Hifiman palstic rings mated to the 560. Amazing match! The headphones now have bass extension and quantity in equal measure, while the highs remain detailed but no longer over bright for my tastes.

IMG_20181207_175009.jpg IMG_20181207_180539.jpg IMG_20181208_002502.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181208_002502.jpg
    IMG_20181208_002502.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 12, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #20,511 of 21,179
hi,

i´ve got a brandnew? he560 in the mail today, production year 2016. unfortunately the right channel is a lot louder then the left one :frowning2: tried 2 differnt cables and sources.
i tought the bad hifiman QC isn´t real. i am from europe and have send it back to the USA. schiiittttt!!!!!1!1!!

otherwise its a nice sounding headphone, but not woth the original price tag IMHO

Jan 12, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #20,514 of 21,179
hi,

i´ve got a brandnew? he560 in the mail today, production year 2016. unfortunately the right channel is a lot louder then the left one :frowning2: tried 2 differnt cables and sources.
i tought the bad hifiman QC isn´t real. i am from europe and have send it back to the USA. schiiittttt!!!!!1!1!!

otherwise its a nice sounding headphone, but not woth the original price tag IMHO
They do have lots of QC problems, but I rarely heard about channel imbalance coming from Hifiman. Most of their QC issues are about the fragile yoke.
Definitely not worth the 900USD price tag though, its too fragile for that price tag. 400USD should be a very compelling price, and 250 is a steal.

Jan 12, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #20,515 of 21,179
They do have lots of QC problems, but I rarely heard about channel imbalance coming from Hifiman. Most of their QC issues are about the fragile yoke.
Definitely not worth the 900USD price tag though, its too fragile for that price tag. 400USD should be a very compelling price, and 250 is a steal.

Don't forget the occasional buzzy driver or muffled low-end, usually from a physical obstruction in the driver. Otherwise I agree with you. Their build quality does not inspire confidence. Load-bearing plastic on a 900 dollar headphone is a travesty.

Jan 13, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #20,517 of 21,179
the yoke is a joke :) maybe i will skip these and buy some fostex txxrp and safe the money for another hp.

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #20,519 of 21,179
With all the QC issues, HE-560 is an impressive headphone and it has been a refferenxe for lot of audio publishers. I love its sound and the big soundstage; classic music is like inside a concert hall.
Well, its been my daily driver and the "do-it-all" headphones since i've made the purchase. Those cans are just so versatile and realistic sounding compared to everything else i've owned, or heard. I think i've beginning to have a realistic sound signature preference after a few short years of listening.

I've heard from someone that the Quad ERA-1 is currently having one of the best voicing, I want to get my hands on the Quad ERA-1 so bad!

Don't forget the occasional buzzy driver or muffled low-end, usually from a physical obstruction in the driver. Otherwise I agree with you. Their build quality does not inspire confidence. Load-bearing plastic on a 900 dollar headphone is a travesty.
I think i've experienced this before, cuz of one single short strand of hair. The headband build quality is a joke, but why the hell its so comfortable compared to the new metallic one...what a shame really.

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #20,520 of 21,179
With all the QC issues, HE-560 is an impressive headphone and it has been a refferenxe for lot of audio publishers. I love its sound and the big soundstage; classic music is like inside a concert hall.

Well, its been my daily driver and the "do-it-all" headphones since i've made the purchase. Those cans are just so versatile and realistic sounding compared to everything else i've owned, or heard. I think i've beginning to have a realistic sound signature preference after a few short years of listening.

I've heard from someone that the Quad ERA-1 is currently having one of the best voicing, I want to get my hands on the Quad ERA-1 so bad!

I think i've experienced this before, cuz of one single short strand of hair. The headband build quality is a joke, but why the hell its so comfortable compared to the new metallic one...what a shame really.

Exactly. The sound quality is excellent. I think it's important to remember that these headphones can be found on Amazon right now for $300. At that price, the build quality is about average, on par with an HD650 which can be found around that price and has even more plastic and a paintjob that will eventually flake off. On the other hand, the 560 sounds like $900. Straight up. Even compared to today's offerings around that price, the sound holds up.

To me, the 560 right now is an amazing value, as long as you are realistic about the build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back