= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 18, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #19,412 of 21,171
Haha, all is good. I am /u/Moederbeer (motherbear in Dutch) on Reddit.

I'm happy I've been able to provide a couple of people with some replacement parts so far, feels pretty good.
Yes you are really doing an amazing thing, plus your yokes seem better than the original ones

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #19,413 of 21,171
Anyway I didnt get any reply to my email from Hifiman, i also tried a voip call and no answer on the phone too..
Plus I don't know yours, but mine have a very strong clampse it's also hard to pull them apart to make it wider a bit, so even when they are not worn they are quite pushing on each other pad

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #19,414 of 21,171
Anyway I didnt get any reply to my email from Hifiman, i also tried a voip call and no answer on the phone too..
Plus I don't know yours, but mine have a very strong clampse it's also hard to pull them apart to make it wider a bit, so even when they are not worn they are quite pushing on each other pad
To bend the spring steel its going to take some effort, I've bent both my HE400i and HE560 headbands so that when I place them on a hanger the ear pads are about 3-4cm apart.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #19,415 of 21,171
To bend the spring steel its going to take some effort, I've bent both my HE400i and HE560 headbands so that when I place them on a hanger the ear pads are about 3-4cm apart.
I will try too, maybe now while it's broken so i don't risk to break anything, you pulled up to the top the leatherish band i guess

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #19,416 of 21,171
It's called a yoke or gimbal, and you will need to request a replacement headband from HiFiMan customer service. If you send them a photo of the damage along with your receipt, it will shave a day or two off the process. It's a well-known problem, so it should be an easy process. If it's in warranty (and it probably is), it will be free. It only took me a week to get mine, but, of course, I'm not in Italy. Hopefully, it's just as fast for you. Godspeed!

As i 'm not getting any answer from support and considering how easily they break, I'm considering to send them back and get my money by paypal, I've just contacted them as i bought them on ebay

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #19,418 of 21,171
I will try too, maybe now while it's broken so i don't risk to break anything, you pulled up to the top the leatherish band i guess
this is where you want to bend the headband:
HE560 headband bend area.jpg

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #19,419 of 21,171
I bought some Dekoni knockoffs (Sheepskin) from Aliexpress for $30 a while ago and they arrived earlier this week. I must say that this is the best pads I've tried with the HE560 so far, even better than my old favorite the round Brainwavz sheepskin pads. The richest and less fatiguing sound I've heard from them so far, extremely good.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #19,420 of 21,171
I bought some Dekoni knockoffs (Sheepskin) from Aliexpress for $30 a while ago and they arrived earlier this week. I must say that this is the best pads I've tried with the HE560 so far, even better than my old favorite the round Brainwavz sheepskin pads. The richest and less fatiguing sound I've heard from them so far, extremely good.

Nice! I have the legit Dekoni pads (the TH900 sheepskin) and I absolutely love them. Do you have a link to the ones you bought? I'd be interested to see if there are any noticeable differences.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #19,421 of 21,171
As i 'm not getting any answer from support and considering how easily they break, I'm considering to send them back and get my money by paypal, I've just contacted them as i bought them on ebay

You may want to check who you bought them from on eBay, many if not most the eBay sellers are not actual distributors for hifiman and do not carry the warrantee, they will not warrant a headphone sold from a non distributor. And this is common practice not just for hifiman. It’s to punish these grey area sellers from taking money from actual distributors selling at the requested prices.

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #19,423 of 21,171
Nice! I have the legit Dekoni pads (the TH900 sheepskin) and I absolutely love them. Do you have a link to the ones you bought? I'd be interested to see if there are any noticeable differences.

Unfortunately I'm on my phone for the next couple of days (I get redirected to the AE app as soon as I try opening AE) but use this search frase and you should find it easily:

LEORY 1 Pair Genuine Leather Headphone Pads for Beyerdynamic DT770 DT880 DT990

Apr 20, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #19,424 of 21,171
You may want to check who you bought them from on eBay, many if not most the eBay sellers are not actual distributors for hifiman and do not carry the warrantee, they will not warrant a headphone sold from a non distributor. And this is common practice not just for hifiman. It’s to punish these grey area sellers from taking money from actual distributors selling at the requested prices.
and infact it's the case.. so I'm starting with ebay support

Apr 20, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #19,425 of 21,171
Unfortunately I'm on my phone for the next couple of days (I get redirected to the AE app as soon as I try opening AE) but use this search frase and you should find it easily:

LEORY 1 Pair Genuine Leather Headphone Pads for Beyerdynamic DT770 DT880 DT990

I think I found a link for those interested:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEO...dphones-Replacement-Ear-Pads/32833121070.html

My immediate thought is that they look more like ZMF pads than Dekoni pads, but since they have posted measurements I think I will bust out a ruler when I get home and make some objective comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back