= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 20, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #19,426 of 21,171
and infact it's the case.. so I'm starting with ebay support

Good luck, if You haven’t had them for long PayPal would probably refund you, grab them from a dealer aswell as using PayPal next time, it’s worth spending a few extra $ to have the peace of mind.

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #19,427 of 21,171
I think I found a link for those interested:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEO...dphones-Replacement-Ear-Pads/32833121070.html

My immediate thought is that they look more like ZMF pads than Dekoni pads, but since they have posted measurements I think I will bust out a ruler when I get home and make some objective comparisons.

Yeah, that's the ones I've got. Thanks for finding the link!

It's quite possible that I mixed the zmf and Dekoni pads, anyway these are really good. After wasting $50 on a pair of Dekoni pads for the HD800S recently I know I'll never buy something from them again.....

Apr 20, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #19,428 of 21,171
Can anyone tell me roughly when they stopped producing the old cable connectors on the HE560? Now sure what you call them but they’re not the ones that are on this HP that’s been produced lately.

Apr 20, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #19,431 of 21,171
Thanx.
The reason I asked, Venus audio made a balanced cable and sent me the old SMC inputs. What? He didn't ask, I didn't know assuming since they've been DC's for around a year or 2, it would be the newest cable. Now he's basically telling me tough and that's what I get. Not even a mention after we communicated on what edition I had or wanted. It would have NEVER crossed my mind that he automatically makes his default cable the SMC. Now I'm SOL. Looks like it's time to open a case on eBay.

Apr 20, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #19,432 of 21,171
Thanx.
The reason I asked, Venus audio made a balanced cable and sent me the old SMC inputs. What? He didn't ask, I didn't know assuming since they've been DC's for around a year or 2, it would be the newest cable. Now he's basically telling me tough and that's what I get. Not even a mention after we communicated on what edition I had or wanted. It would have NEVER crossed my mind that he automatically makes his default cable the SMC. Now I'm SOL. Looks like it's time to open a case on eBay.

Yeah, that's crappy service especially since you would be willing to exchange them for the correct type.

Let us know how it goes so we know whether to buy from Venus.

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #19,433 of 21,171
Thanx.

Double check the listing, there’s quite a few vendors still making cables for the old style as many people still have them. Iv run into more then a few eBay listings that still sell smc hifiman cables, some only offering smc and not the new 2.5.

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #19,434 of 21,171
I would also see if you can find some smc to 2.5mm adaptors, which it wouldn’t be the cleanest solution...it’ll probably save you a lot of hassle and only cost you a few $ extra. I know a lot of people used them the other way around when the smc connectors were still in use, they would use smc to 2.5 or smc to Audeze connectors to have easy removal

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #19,435 of 21,171
I'm looking for another set of headphones to compliment my HD 800s. Currently looking at the he 560 or a used pair of LCD 3 i found for a good deal. I want something that will impress me in the bass department as my 800s do a fantastic job with clarity and treble. Any thoughts on the HE560 compared to the LCD 3?

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #19,436 of 21,171
Stay away from Hifiman stuff.. i can't wait to send back mine..

Apr 21, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #19,438 of 21,171
What is wrong with them? i have read some good reviews on them but i am unsure how they stack up next to the LCD 3.
HE560 and LCD-3 are quite different sounding, HE560 is closer to the HD800 since its a bit brighter and has better soundstage/imaging over the LCD-3 but the mids of the HE560 are more present like the LCD-3 compared the HD800 which has mids that are a little recessed IMO. If you want a relaxing sound then the LCD-3 would be my recommendation but know that there is a difference between original and fazor models.

@JediMa70 has an issue with Hifiman due to Hifiman policy of not servicing headphones not purchased from an authorized dealer and he was one of the unlucky ones who had the yoke break.

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #19,439 of 21,171
Yes unfortunately I feel your pain having a broke set and no warrantee, but you can’t fault them for not being an educated buyer. Kind of an expensive lesson, but eBay is cheap because 90% of the time they’re selling fallen off the truck no warrantee products so to speak.

Audeze has had as many or more issues then hifiman, the entire fazer line of lcd series is known for driver failures.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #19,440 of 21,171
Imo while planars are great for deep bass extension which the 560 have, I think the real planar magic is in the midrange, the sound of instruments is drool worthy from planars, so if the lcd3 is more vailed in the midrange in comparison I’d go 560. I haven’t heard the lcd3 only the lcd2, and while the lcd2 has more bass(not by a whole lot) it was just overall warm and vailed. Almost like listening to a hd650 but with more bass. The he560 are fantastic headphones, and at less then 1/2 the cost of the lcd3, the fact that people even compare them should tell you where your money is better spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back