= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 29, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #12,482 of 21,175
X12 - SA31SE - HE-560 = 
gs1000.gif

Very happy so far. Really impressed for what I paid for each component. 
biggrin.gif

I feel like my next upgrade will be a headphone for sure. At this point, I can't blame my perfectly musical, neutral and smooth gear anymore 
wink_face.gif

Enjoying the HE-560 immensely though, will wait for more Ether/Dharma/HE-1000 impressions. Yggy impressions too, but I am not quite sure about it, considering the X12 is so good 
redface.gif

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #12,483 of 21,175
Hey guys,

One easy question.  I read about 350 pages of this thread looking for an answer and decided that was enough to not be branded lazy in "just asking"....  :)

Jerg mentions numerous times that the bass control on the HE560 suffers a lot if the pads fail to form a complete seal.  My question is:  is this a challenge for folks who wear glasses?  I've noticed basically all of my headphones sound different (better) if I remove my glasses before listening, evidently eliminating a small seal gap caused by the bows of the frames, but I like to jump around to different songs without a pre-determined playlist so I really prefer to leave my glasses on my head and be able to read my screen properly.  I am pretty hopelessly blind without them, no matter how much I lean in I still can't read text without them.

Does the small gap the bows on glasses creates in the pad affect the HE560 more than it would other headphones due to the magnet design?

And, yes, wearing contacts is something that occurred to me.  I can't use them for medical reasons relating to my eyes.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #12,484 of 21,175
I've not noticed. The arms of my glasses are thin-wireframe.
quote name="Xcalibur255" url="/t/711824/hifiman-he-560-impressions-discussion-thread/12480#post_11461504"]Hey guys,

One easy question.  I read about 350 pages of this thread looking for an answer and decided that was enough to not be branded lazy in "just asking"....  :)

Jerg mentions numerous times that the bass control on the HE560 suffers a lot if the pads fail to form a complete seal.  My question is:  is this a challenge for folks who wear glasses?  I've noticed basically all of my headphones sound different (better) if I remove my glasses before listening, evidently eliminating a small seal gap caused by the bows of the frames, but I like to jump around to different songs without a pre-determined playlist so I really prefer to leave my glasses on my head and be able to read my screen properly.  I am pretty hopelessly blind without them, no matter how much I lean in I still can't read text without them.

Does the small gap the bows on glasses creates in the pad affect the HE560 more than it would other headphones due to the magnet design?

And, yes, wearing contacts is something that occurred to me.  I can't use them for medical reasons relating to my eyes.
[/quote]

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #12,485 of 21,175
What is the X12?
X12 - SA31SE - HE-560 = :gs1000smile:

Very happy so far. Really impressed for what I paid for each component. :D

I feel like my next upgrade will be a headphone for sure. At this point, I can't blame my perfectly musical, neutral and smooth gear anymore :wink_face:  

Enjoying the HE-560 immensely though, will wait for more Ether/Dharma/HE-1000 impressions. Yggy impressions too, but I am not quite sure about it, considering the X12 is so good :xf_eek:
What

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #12,488 of 21,175
I was :D

And while I am not saying it is the best thing out there , it sure holds its own against competition :wink:

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #12,490 of 21,175
  Hey guys,

While not a full-blown basshead, I lean more toward that direction than the opposite way. I wear eyeglasses with very thick and wide arms. The bass from the 560 is perfect to my ears. I call it a few steps north of neutral with great extension and decent sub-bass. But if the regarding doesn't have that much bass in it (or the bass is low in the mix), the headphone will reflect that. Me wearing my eyeglasses or not has no bearing on the sound to my ears.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #12,491 of 21,175
Hey guys, can anyone do a comparison between the HE560 and the brand new Ether? I understand it's all initial impressions but if someone can point out which is the better headphone in what department, that'd be fantastic!

ether wont be out until june so you wont get any reall comparisons now except from people who were at canjam or ppl affiliated w mr speakers.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #12,492 of 21,175
ether wont be out until june so you wont get any reall comparisons now except from people who were at canjam or ppl affiliated w mr speakers.

Yes, people that were in canjam indeed. I'd like to hear what people affiliated with Mr Speakers has to say as well but that's more an advert really. Although definitely any info is better than no info.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #12,493 of 21,175
  Yes, people that were in canjam indeed. I'd like to hear what people affiliated with Mr Speakers has to say as well but that's more an advert really. Although definitely any info is better than no info.

chowmein83's impressions:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760249/mrspeakers-ether-impressions-thread/135#post_11458387
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760249/mrspeakers-ether-impressions-thread/135#post_11458485

bill-p's impressions:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/758649/canjam-socal-2015-impressions-thread/480#post_11463067

stillhart owns the he-560 and heard ether at canjam, ask him for a direct comparison
http://www.head-fi.org/t/758649/canjam-socal-2015-impressions-thread/75#post_11455392
http://www.head-fi.org/t/750437/enigmacoustics-dharma/255#post_11463530

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #12,494 of 21,175
  Hey guys,

I wear glasses too (albeit thin frame ones that hug the sides of my head nicely) and it doesn't mess up the seal, mostly because the new HFM earpads (especially the Focus-A pads) have a lot of "give" to their foam, so they tend to form around the contours of the glass frames and retain seal.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #12,495 of 21,175
What Jerg said! If you don't know he basically came up with his own pads "Jerg-pads" that have been adopted by HiFIMan as the basis for the pads that come with the headphones. Did I get that right , Jerg?
quote name="jerg" url="/t/711824/hifiman-he-560-impressions-discussion-thread/12480#post_11463577"][/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back